• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Indians vs M's 6/6-6/9 Thread:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...

HEEEEEERE WE GO AGAIN!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time for my annual quote;

The more things change, the more they stay the same. #TMW

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pitching again, just too bad the bats were silent. Hopefully that part turns around tonight and Miley has a bounce back start like Paxton did.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night marked the end of a 5-game streak. We had gone 5 games in a row where our K/BB was negative. I believe that's the first time this season.

It was only +1 last night, but baby steps.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pitching again, just too bad the bats were silent. Hopefully that part turns around tonight and Miley has a bounce back start like Paxton did.
The bats weren't the troubling part, it was the continued bad defense. Errors are just flat out killing this team right now. Take away those boneheaded plays and it's 1-1 after 9 innings.

They are committing errors every single game lately. That's just not going to put you in contention for the post season. You can't play that poorly on defense and get anywhere.

The question for everyone here is:
What's more likely to happen first - They overtake their 4 game deficit to Texas and go back into first place, or they slip their 4 game lead over Houston and go into 3rd?

Lots of people online are in full belief that Martin returning will fix everything and bring us back to where we were three weeks ago. I'm not believing it goes that far, but he is missed no doubt.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I want to be glass half full guy I could say:

With as bad as they have played lately they still hold the 2nd wildcard spot currently. Hard to imagine the play being much worse with this group unless more injuries happen. It's frustrating but they have been able to bounce back from every rough stretch so far. Feels like the next 6 games will tell a lot

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errors in most cases are mental. Where are these great leaders to get the minds straight? Who is stepping up? Players? Coaches? I saw Cano just steaming when Romero made that bonehead play the other day, but has Cano stepped up this past weeks worth of games? Nope! He is hacking away at pitches that nearly hit him. And as someone mentioned yesterday, what is up with Cruz watching 3 straight strikes down the middle w/o swinging the bat? Mental.

Even Servais mentioned after the Twins sweep that we have a hard time winning after a day off. Mental.

My gosh already. Go sign Dr. Phil and get this thing straighten out.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Callis redrafted the 2011 draft:

2. Mariners: Francisco Lindor, SS, Montverde (Fla.) Academy.
(Actual pick: Danny Hultzen, LHP, Virginia. Lindor: first round, No. 8, Indians.)
Seattle was all over Lindor, the type of gifted defensive shortstop who rarely comes along in the Draft, who has shown more than expected with the bat. But the Mariners opted for Hultzen, who hurt his shoulder in 2013 and has made just three Minor League appearances since having rotator-cuff surgery.

-------------------

I actually remember this pre-draft hype with us taking Lindor. I never really heard of him, but did read up on him and was kind of exciting at us taking him. My first real interest in the Mariners draft went back to a guy I was watching on ESPN at the time and hoping we took him and we did...Spike Owen. Lindor would have been one of many good choices. Unfortunately we are the Mariners and we take the one bad apple from a barrel of good apples.

Here is the article if you are in for a good cry.

Fernandez a Pirate? Redrafting the 2011 picks

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errors in most cases are mental. Where are these great leaders to get the minds straight? Who is stepping up? Players? Coaches? I saw Cano just steaming when Romero made that bonehead play the other day, but has Cano stepped up this past weeks worth of games? Nope! He is hacking away at pitches that nearly hit him. And as someone mentioned yesterday, what is up with Cruz watching 3 straight strikes down the middle w/o swinging the bat? Mental.

Even Servais mentioned after the Twins sweep that we have a hard time winning after a day off. Mental.

My gosh already. Go sign Dr. Phil and get this thing straighten out.
Makes sense to me. He's every bit an actual doctor as these guys are Major League professionals.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really hoping Miley doesn't suck tonight gotta break the loosing streak. Cody Anderson hasn't been very good this season but he has spent the last few weeks in AAA so he may have corrected some of his initial issues. Be nice to see us string together some hits and some runs early in this one.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lineup sans marte

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to make the other team pay for a defensive miscue

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to lose my shit on this board but the Rangers sweep was really predictable. Our rotation is in shambles right now with injuries and Texas is good at home. The good thing about building a cushion is that when the wheels fall off a little bit your head is still above water. It's june and grind time has started. Hopefully Felix comes back strong and Walker pulls his head out of his ass. You don't win a pennant before the all star break.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to lose my shit on this board but the Rangers sweep was really predictable. Our rotation is in shambles right now with injuries and Texas is good at home. The good thing about building a cushion is that when the wheels fall off a little bit your head is still above water. It's june and grind time has started. Hopefully Felix comes back strong and Walker pulls his head out of his ass. You don't win a pennant before the all star break.
Felix going out does not explain a sweep expectation. The other starters playing like shit and all of the defensive bone headed blunders do. Losing Martin and Marte didn't help, but that's part of baseball. This team is razor thin at most positions and have steep drop offs with any kind of injury.

Well that and living/dying by the long ball always leaves you with stretches of low scoring games.