• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indian Wells Tourney CEO: Women Tennis Sucks

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take an incident, declare a trend. :rolleyes2:

Typical liberal

And those seem to be US ratings only by looking at the site. They also do not even follow tennis on a regular basis.

That being said womens matches from a competitive standpoint can be more fun to watch for the non purist because the matches tend to be close since 9 out of 10 times neither player can hit a tennis ball.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take an incident, declare a trend. :rolleyes2:

Typical liberal

Complete and absolute nonsense. What incident? And what trend? You claim without proof that numbers including tv ratings don't lie. I gave you those for the slams that make equal pay. From 2013 US open, 2015 French Open and 2015 Wimbledon as compared to men to prove you and Djokovic are full of shit. The same applies to 2015 FO. You never put up anything except your usual typical right wing fact- free assertions. I believe in backing up anything I say.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those seem to be US ratings only by looking at the site. They also do not even follow tennis on a regular basis.

Well, I posted ratings for Wimbledon and French open not only US open. But go on and denigrate women tennis. It looks like you rightwingers make silly assertions without knowing what the hell you are talking about.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete and absolute nonsense. What incident? And what trend? You claim without proof that numbers including tv ratings don't lie. I gave you those for the slams that make equal pay. From 2013 US open, 2015 French Open and 2015 Wimbledon as compared to men to prove you and Djokovic are full of shit. The same applies to 2015 FO. You never put up anything except your usual typical right wing fact- free assertions. I believe in backing up anything I say.

You cited three examples out of how many possible tournaments? And you expect us to believe it's meaningful? Get real.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cited three examples out of how many possible tournaments? And you expect us to believe it's meaningful? Get real.

Hahahahahaaa. Are you even aware that equal pay for both women and men is only for the slams? Do you even know anything about tennis?
Djokovic and the pathetic Raymond Moore all thought the women should fall on their knees in prayer for Nadal and Federer since without them tennis would not have the ratings to carry the women. I just showed how silly and outrageous he assertion is and you claim only 3 examples? I gave current examples of slams in 2013, and 2015 of the highest paid events . We are not even talking about long time ago.

1. 2013 US Open tv ratings: Williams v. Azarenka 4.9 rating; Men: Nadal v. Djokovik 2.8 rating
2. 2015. French Open: women Williams v. Safarova 1.4 and 2 mill. Wawrika. V. Dokovic 1.3
3. 2015 Wimbledon: Williams v. Muguruza 1.7 ratings 2.4 mill.

After hitting 3.9 million viewers for Federer’s win over Murray in 2012, viewership for the men’s final has dropped in each subsequent year. Drawing only 1.9 ratings

The full six-hour telecast windows, which included re-airs of previous matches, drew 1.4 million viewers on Saturday and 2.0 million on Sunday.

And these are the highest paid slams. Does anybody in his right mind think women should be paid less with these figures? Djokovic has no fucking clue what he was talking about and had to apologize.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahaaa. Are you even aware that equal pay for both women and men is only for the slams? Do you even know anything about tennis?
Djokovic and the pathetic Raymond Moore all thought the women should fall on their knees in prayer for Nadal and Federer since without them tennis would not have the ratings to carry the women. I just showed how silly and outrageous he assertion is and you claim only 3 examples? I gave current examples of slams in 2013, and 2015 of the highest paid events . We are not even talking about long time ago.

1. 2013 US Open tv ratings: Williams v. Azarenka 4.9 rating; Men: Nadal v. Djokovik 2.8 rating
2. 2015. French Open: women Williams v. Safarova 1.4 and 2 mill. Wawrika. V. Dokovic 1.3

After hitting 3.9 million viewers for Federer’s win over Murray in 2012, viewership for the men’s final has dropped in each subsequent year. Drawing only 1.9 ratings

The full six-hour telecast windows, which included re-airs of previous matches, drew 1.4 million viewers on Saturday and 2.0 million on Sunday.

And these are the highest paid slams. Does anybody in his right mind think women should be paid less with these figures? Djokovic has no fucking clue what he was talking about and had to apologize.

Bozo cites three events, out of 500 and thinks he's made a point. A classic case of figures don't lie but liars figure.

A fact or two to put the whole thing to rest.
1) Excluding Grand Slams, 395million viewers watched WTA Premier events and finals on TV and digital, compared to 973m for ATP events.
2) In 2015, the Wimbledon men's final attracted a peak audience of 9.2 million viewers, compared with 4.3 million for the women's final.
3)Men's finals generally garner more ticket sales than women's finals.

Women's tennis is watched by fewer, attended by fewer.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bozo cites three events, out of 500 and thinks he's made a point. A classic case of figures don't lie but liars figure.

A fact or two to put the whole thing to rest.
1) Excluding Grand Slams, 395million viewers watched WTA Premier events and finals on TV and digital, compared to 973m for ATP events.
2) In 2015, the Wimbledon men's final attracted a peak audience of 9.2 million viewers, compared with 4.3 million for the women's final.
3)Men's finals generally garner more ticket sales than women's finals.

Women's tennis is watched by fewer, attended by fewer.

Our illustrious former President, Abraham Lincoln once said " It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt." You are showing your ignorance here about tennis. Are you aware that equal pay in tennis , the topic of this discussion only pertains to Grand Slams? Therefore excluding Grand Slams is complete nonsense?

I know where you googled this from, but you forgot to mention that the article also say that on 2012 the total viewership for the women was higher in 2012 than men. And oh do you know that even though in 2015 2000 games only 700 was broadcast to tv and other digital platforms explaining the variance? A peak? I wish you know what you are talking about.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In tennis, women's game is as good as men's. IMO, from mid90s to mid00s, it was better.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our illustrious former President, Abraham Lincoln once said " It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt." You are showing your ignorance here about tennis. Are you aware that equal pay in tennis , the topic of this discussion only pertains to Grand Slams? Therefore excluding Grand Slams is complete nonsense?

I know where you googled this from, but you forgot to mention that the article also say that on 2012 the total viewership for the women was higher in 2012 than men. And oh do you know that even though in 2015 2000 games only 700 was broadcast to tv and other digital platforms explaining the variance? A peak? I wish you know what you are talking about.

Actually the topic is 'Womens tennis sucks'.

One year viewership was higher? One year? This is like you taking one months worth of mfg data and extrapolating a trend. It's a massive fail. MASSIVE.

The fact remains more people watch mens tennis over womens tennis by 3-1. End of story.

A word to the wise. Stop posting if you're not on your meds
And oh do you know that even though in 2015 2000 games only 700 was broadcast to tv and other digital platforms explaining the variance? A peak?
Why don't you try to write this in English?:rolleyes2:

We had this for a laugh recently. Williams asked how she would do against murray replied "Maybe I can get a game. I'm not sure, but I think I can get a game."

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the topic is 'Womens tennis sucks'.

One year viewership was higher? One year? This is like you taking one months worth of mfg data and extrapolating a trend. It's a massive fail. MASSIVE.

The fact remains more people watch mens tennis over womens tennis by 3-1. End of story.

A word to the wise. Stop posting if you're not on your meds
Why don't you try to write this in English?:rolleyes2:

We had this for a laugh recently. Williams asked how she would do against murray replied "Maybe I can get a game. I'm not sure, but I think I can get a game."

Okay, let me write it slowly for you. I started this thread and I know exactly what the topic is about. Let me remind you that it was about Raymond Moore's assertion that without Federer and Nadal equal pay for men and women would not be feasible. I then added what Djokovic also said that men should be paid higher in the same vein. I went to show how ridiculous that is since equal pay for both men and women is okay since it is a question of entertainment more than superiority of men over women.
You came in and posted about how men's tv ratings and viewership is higher than women. I have given you years when the women's ratings were higher than men in US Open, Wimbledon, and French Open; 2012, 2013 and 2015. Yet you obtusely claimed I posted one year, ignoring all the years I posted with different GS. You are as usual a joke. Go back to the Politics Forum.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hours before the final began, Moore unleashed some offensive and sexist comments, saying that in his "next life, when I come back, I want to be someone in the WTA because they ride on the coattails of the men."

"If I was a lady player, I'd go down every night on my knees and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born because they have carried this sport. They really have." Read more from: Caple: Not even Moore could ruin special moment for Azarenka, Serena
Amazing.

Exactly my thoughts as well LB.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let me write it slowly for you. I started this thread and I know exactly what the topic is about. Let me remind you that it was about Raymond Moore's assertion that without Federer and Nadal equal pay for men and women would not be feasible. I then added what Djokovic also said that men should be paid higher in the same vein. I went to show how ridiculous that is since equal pay for both men and women is okay since it is a question of entertainment more than superiority of men over women.
You came in and posted about how men's tv ratings and viewership is higher than women. I have given you years when the women's ratings were higher than men in US Open, Wimbledon, and French Open; 2012, 2013 and 2015. Yet you obtusely claimed I posted one year, ignoring all the years I posted with different GS. You are as usual a joke. Go back to the Politics Forum.

The title of the thread is 'Women's Tennis Sucks'.
If it's about entertainment then clearly people are more entertained by mens tennis because more people watch mens tennis.
Perhaps in terms you can understand more people are entertained by mens tennis than women's tennis because more people watch mens tennis than women's tennis.

The metric you attempted to use was TV viewership. By your own metric your argument has been eviscerated.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It' s good that you're writing slower. It helps your coherence.

If it's about entertainment then clearly people are more entertained by mens tennis because more people watch mens tennis.
Perhaps in terms you can understand more people are entertained by mens tennis than women's tennis because more people watch mens tennis than women's tennis.

The metric you attempted to use was TV viewership. By your own metric your argument has been eviscerated.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you know that not all tours have equal pay? Therefore if the women's final tv ratings, in 2012 , 2013 USO, 2015 FO and Wimbledon which all require equal pay, were higher than that of the men which is a fact who in his right mind thinks they should be paid less?
There is a reason Djokovic retracted because he idiotically believed the discussion was about how men are superior to women rather than the game serving as entertainment and bringing in more viewership for women than men. Since you do not deal with facts you can make any warped assertion and claim excluding Grand Slams. Are you fucking kidding me. Equal pay is about the GS and you do not exclude that. Except Miami and Indian Wells included, equal pay does not apply to the rest of the tours!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know that not all tours have equal pay? Therefore if the women's final tv ratings, in 2012 , 2013 USO, 2015 FO and Wimbledon which all require equal pay, were higher than that of the men which is a fact who in his right mind thinks they should be paid less?
There is a reason Djokovic retracted because he idiotically believed the discussion was about how men are superior to women rather than the game serving as entertainment and bringing in more viewership for women than men. Since you do not deal with facts you can make any warped assertion and claim excluding Grand Slams. Are you fucking kidding me. Equal pay is about the GS and you do not exclude that. Except Miami and Indian Wells included, equal pay does not apply to the rest of the tours!

Not true. Your opinions on this matter are false

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Your opinions on this matter are false

That is funny. Which opinion is false? That ratings for women finals being higher for the GS in the years I quoted are false? You can easily find out if you get try a little bit harder in looking at the link provided or search for yourself.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to square one. You've found three instances in which the ratings were better. 3 out of 500. This does not indicate that women's tennis is more entertaining or even equally entertaining as men tennis. Just as an eclipse does not indicate a bad harvest.
If you think you've made a point stop scratching your head.

Women should be paid whatever they can get. As should the men. And clearly, as the viewership numbers indicate, that far more people watch mens tennis, including GS events, than women's tennis. That men's tennis is a more valuable commodity to sponsors as a means of creating or enhancing brand.
The way the world typically works is that those doing the work get paid the most. Ergo...

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to square one. You've found three instances in which the ratings were better. 3 out of 500. This does not indicate that women's tennis is more entertaining or even equally entertaining as men tennis. Just as an eclipse does not indicate a bad harvest.
If you think you've made a point stop scratching your head.

Women should be paid whatever they can get. As should the men. And clearly, as the viewership numbers indicate, that far more people watch mens tennis, including GS events, than women's tennis. That men's tennis is a more valuable commodity to sponsors as a means of creating or enhancing brand.
The way the world typically works is that those doing the work get paid the most. Ergo...

3 out of 500 what? Are you smoking something? GS events are not played everyday. Go back to PF. Grand Slam events that have equal pay are played yearly and we are talking of even recent events therefore this Moore toad should not have said anything. He resigned appropriately: