• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I send my best to those that are injured and hope the best for them. As far as the politics I will keep my fucking mouth shut, obviously I've struck a few nerves but deserve it because I usually don't talk politics for that reason.

Politics and Religion Boss. 2 Topics you never want to discuss with a group of people because it always turns into a pissing contest.

Everyone wants to be right, and force their views on others, even if they are wrong or misinformed.

The main point is that innocent people were hurt and killed for no reason, and our thoughts and prayers should be with them and their families right now. Also that the person or persons resposible for this cowardly and horrific act are brought to justice.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politics and Religion Boss. 2 Topics you never want to discuss with a group of people because it always turns into a pissing contest.

Everyone wants to be right, and force their views on others, even if they are wrong or misinformed.

The main point is that innocent people were hurt and killed for no reason, and our thoughts and prayers should be with them and their families right now. Also that the person or persons resposible for this cowardly and horrific act are brought to justice.

Good point IPW. That's the most important thing my friend.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blog post from Boston Globe:
"A horrible list fr Boston Childrens Hosp: leg trauma, age 9; femur fracture, age12; head injury, age2; head injury, age14; leg trauma, age10"

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate just about every politician out there, from US reps on down. they're sleazy crooks who take our money, tell us our benefits are "entitlements" and yet they make huge salaries, show up for work whenever they please, have fat retirement pensions waiting for them, their kids go to any state school for free, they're allowed to deduct their mileage to and from work yet we can't, all on our dime. I'd rather the Mafia run my life than them at this point.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts and prayers to the victims families and to the City of Boston. Our world we live in has changed so dramatically over really a short time. I guess what upsets me a bit, yet I'm guilty of it, is all the media coverage these horrific events get. We cannot avoid it, television, radio, Internet etc. it's all over and even our children cannot avoid it for the most part. This has really become a fucked up world. I hope I didn't upset anyone with my opinions.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blog post from Boston Globe:
"A horrible list fr Boston Childrens Hosp: leg trauma, age 9; femur fracture, age12; head injury, age2; head injury, age14; leg trauma, age10"

No one deserves to have this happen to them, but I was praying like hell that none of the victims were children.

I'm going to hug mine extra hard tonight.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts and prayers to the victims families and to the City of Boston. Our world we live in has changed so dramatically over really a short time. I guess what upsets me a bit, yet I'm guilty of it, is all the media coverage these horrific events get. We cannot avoid it, television, radio, Internet etc. it's all over and even our children cannot avoid it for the most part. This has really become a fucked up world. I hope I didn't upset anyone with my opinions.
This is why I haven't watched/read any news feeds and have gotten all of my info filtered by the wonderful people on the NHL General board. I hope I didn't upset anyone with my opinions. :)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like people much today, but I know there is good in this world I just know it.... ive seen so much of it but when I see this. I just....

BH7p2nbCMAILbSq.jpg:large

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one deserves to have this happen to them, but I was praying like hell that none of the victims were children.

I'm going to hug mine extra hard tonight.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet..so much shit going on...but one of the confirmed dead is an 8 year old child.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where's a 3,000 mile wide meteor when you need one. the human race is hell bent on destroying each other, and everything else in it's path. god should accommodate them

Im not entirely in disagrement with this theory.

I just watched Seeking for a friend for the end of the world with Keira Knightly and Steve Carell. it was really good. I would like to think most would act like them but most likely everyone would go the worst.

this world needs a serious cleansing.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this world needs a serious cleansing.
Starting with: Treat others the same way you would want to be treated.

No, scratch that...just treat yourself and others with respect and dignity.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts and prayers to all the victims and those who are trying to save them.

Gotta wonder when one of these incidents is going to make the civilized on earth band together and bring "the whole world" down on those that do these things.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, castration would be an effective violent crime deterrent.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tagline of this story is pretty deep

For whoever didthis , to show such inhumanity in a time and place which is a celebration of the triumphant human spirit is just appalling

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is in everyone's hearts right now.

Despite all the horror, the most moving thing to me was watching so many people - police, army, officials, volunteers, spectators, even runners themselves - run straight towards the bomb blast, putting themselves in potential harm's way, to help complete strangers.

There are horrible people out there for sure, and whoever did this is near the top. But there are many more decent, caring, and sacrificing people out there too.

Wishing the best to everyone in Boston right now, and to our Boston posters, you guys have an amazing city and you'll come back stronger.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there are many more decent, caring, and sacrificing people out there too.

True, I just wish I heard more about these people when there isn't a horrific tragedy involved.

Good deeds are like yawns, infectious when you see them.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never sure if these things are true or not...but if so...well, I'm crying, so.

BH8N94VCUAAIc_o.jpg