• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they choose the end instead of the start? Who knows? Why did the 9/11 hijackers choose to hit the Twin Towers at 8:30 in the morning instead of say 10:30/11:00 when more people would be in the building?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton Oswalt
Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes ... the paranoia is right up there ... tough being Muslim in Murica (esp. today)

Bill Weir ‏@BillWeirABC 1h Passenger heard 2 men speaking Arabic on flight from Boston this am. Plane returned to gate, swept & cleared. Men rebooked. Nerves frayed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes ... the paranoia is right up there ... tough being Muslim in Murica (esp. today)

Bill Weir ‏@BillWeirABC 1h Passenger heard 2 men speaking Arabic on flight from Boston this am. Plane returned to gate, swept & cleared. Men rebooked. Nerves frayed.

On that note, there was a pretty big earthquake that hit Iran earlier today (7.8 magnitude), hundreds are feared dead, and some of the comments left by people on the Yahoo story I read were pretty distasteful.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I am sure that the same precaution would be taken if someone boarded a plane with a "Don't Tread on Me" patch on his backpack.

On that note, there was a pretty big earthquake that hit Iran earlier today (7.6 magnitude), hundreds are feared dead, and some of the comments left by people on the Yahoo story I read were pretty distasteful.

Ironic how the ones who equate every citizen in another country with the leader of said country are most averse to being associated with their own...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I am sure that the same precaution would be taken if someone boarded a plane with a "Don't Tread on Me" patch on his backpack.

Ironic how the ones who equate every citizen in another country with the person they believe is the leader of said country are most averse to being associated with their own...

Fixed.

Seriously, how many of those people you're referring to know that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not the actual head of state of Iran?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic how the ones who equate every citizen in another country with the leader of said country are most averse to being associated with their own...
Thanks for the quote. ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says this is a homegrown incident, merely based on the description of the device. Reports are saying it was a pressure cooker in a duffill bag, filled with assortment of sharp metal pieces. I'm amazed that such a thing could cause such a large explosion, but still reeks of crazy basement dweller more than foreign terrorist. Doesn't really matter which I suppose.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says this is a homegrown incident, merely based on the description of the device. Reports are saying it was a pressure cooker in a duffill bag, filled with assortment of sharp metal pieces. I'm amazed that such a thing could cause such a large explosion, but still reeks of crazy basement dweller more than foreign terrorist. Doesn't really matter which I suppose.

I agree