• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting with: Treat others the same way you would want to be treated.

No, scratch that...just treat yourself and others with respect and dignity.

People are to busy with their smartphones to care about their fellow man.

The place is gone to the shitter

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are to busy with their smartphones to care about their fellow man.

The place is gone to the shitter

I mentioned this on twitter: I realize that for some people, taking pictures is their job...but for the love of God, don't photograph this crap, do something USEFUL or GET OUT. Two options. If you're not going to help, you don't need help, then HELP yourself by getting out of the situation.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this on twitter: I realize that for some people, taking pictures is their job...but for the love of God, don't photograph this crap, do something USEFUL or GET OUT. Two options. If you're not going to help, you don't need help, then HELP yourself by getting out of the situation.

I dont just mean during todays events. Everyday people are to busy staring at their phones. People dont give a shit about people anymore. We walk past homeless people everyday. We dont give a shit about the people suffering with hard times. We as the Human race have failed in my view.

Its a matter of time before we all go crazy. People wonder why there is a spike in mental illness.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have learned that one of my cousins was wounded in this horrific event. She is alive and has everything intact minus a few wounds that will heal. For this I am thankful.

To whatever POS that planned this....I hope u DIAF....and slowly at that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont just mean during todays events. Everyday people are to busy staring at their phones. People dont give a shit about people anymore. We walk past homeless people everyday. We dont give a shit about the people suffering with hard times. We as the Human race have failed in my view.

Its a matter of time before we all go crazy. People wonder why there is a spike in mental illness.

I mean, I'm a Christian (the ones who are called to be like Jesus, although it just doesn't happen), and I basically agree. At least that's how American Christians are...some of the biggest offenders. *sigh* Nothing I can do but strive to be what I label myself.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have learned that one of my cousins was wounded in this horrific event. She is alive and has everything intact minus a few wounds that will heal. For this I am thankful.

To whatever POS that planned this....I hope u DIAF....and slowly at that.

Glad she's okay physically, but praying for her (and family's) emotional state. Horrific situation.

Also remember to keep first responders in your prayers. That stuff can mess with you.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad she's okay physically, but praying for her (and family's) emotional state. Horrific situation.

Also remember to keep first responders in your prayers. That stuff can mess with you.

Pix I watch that Vid and am mystified at the bravery of the 1st responders. They climbed over fences and barricades to get to the wounded.

My cuz was lucky and suffered minor wounds and she said she helped many who had been more severely wounded.

I am far from being afraid to tell this forum that I cried and in fact am crying when I type this response. I am so sad about these events.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pix I watch that Vid and am mystified at the bravery of the 1st responders. They climbed over fences and barricades to get to the wounded.

My cuz was lucky and suffered minor wounds and she said she helped many who had been more severely wounded.

I am far from being afraid to tell this forum that I cried and in fact am crying when I type this response. I am so sad about these events.

That's your home...those are your people...ZERO SHAME in that. As a human being my heart hurts, as an American I feel pain...but if that was my town? MY town?! Kick to the gut. NO ONE does that to MY town. I may talk bad about my town occasionally, but don't you DARE do it! You're united in the bond of cityhood...of course it's gonna hurt more.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people get so bent out of shape when you just make a comment or an opinion? Holy shit, I didn't rip anyone just made an opinion and that's why I will never comment in the politics thread. People can't discuss things without hunkering down and defending their turf without compromise.

We wonder why we can't get things done through consensus? Holy crap. Fuck it.

Nothing wrong with your opinion. Without going back and re-reading everything I'm not even sure any of the hostile comments were directed your way, but I could be mistaken. People are just a bit extra emotional today and understandably so. While people on here may disagree with certain things on the surface, I think their intentions are all good. Take care.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad your cousin is okay man. I hope you are proud of her. I'm sure you are!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: as morbid as it seems, this was a "bad" (from their perspective) location for this attack...the end of a race is teeming with volunteers ranging from EMTs, Paramedics, First Aiders, to MDs and DOs. The care was there in SECONDS. And of course the great citizens of Boston...the stories of heroism are endless.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of the race also has television cameras, which I am guessing is more of the point for whomever planned the attack.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your home...those are your people...ZERO SHAME in that. As a human being my heart hurts, as an American I feel pain...but if that was my town? MY town?! Kick to the gut. NO ONE does that to MY town. I may talk bad about my town occasionally, but don't you DARE do it! You're united in the bond of cityhood...of course it's gonna hurt more.

Glad your cousin is okay man. I hope you are proud of her. I'm sure you are!

I am so damn mad I cant stand it.

I am proud obviously of my cuz. She is a great person.

As Pix said we local people are a proud bunch. I am sorta at a loss for words which is rare. I am so fucking angry I cant hardly stand myself.

I am so sad that I cannot stop crying.

FUCK this sucks.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: as morbid as it seems, this was a "bad" (from their perspective) location for this attack...the end of a race is teeming with volunteers ranging from EMTs, Paramedics, First Aiders, to MDs and DOs. The care was there in SECONDS. And of course the great citizens of Boston...the stories of heroism are endless.

Not if the whole point of the attack is to cause terror and fear, as opposed to trying to kill or injure as many as possible?

Also the locations the bombs were placed might have been in areas easier to access and place them?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if the whole point of the attack is to cause terror and fear, as opposed to trying to kill or injure as many as possible?

Also the locations the bombs were placed might have been in areas easier to access and place them?

True...I guess I don't think like a terrorist. Not really a numbers thing. The reports are saying that he bombs were filled with shrapnel (zippers, bearings, etc.). Just sick.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBH I dont care. We lost people today, More are maimed.

For the first 5 mins of press coverage I was like WTF. Now I am just mad.\\

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so damn mad I cant stand it.

I am proud obviously of my cuz. She is a great person.

As Pix said we local people are a proud bunch. I am sorta at a loss for words which is rare. I am so fucking angry I cant hardly stand myself.

I am so sad that I cannot stop crying.

FUCK this sucks.

Let it out brother, personally my heart sank to my feet when I heard the news today.

You should be proud and you should be angry, but don't let these bastards get the better of you. Boston is a town of great resolve and the home of the American patriot.

May god heal the wounded and may justice be swift and deadly.

God bless the Cradle of Liberty and it's people this night.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry guys that picture I put of that little girl is not of the one taht was lost. I shouldn't have posted it as the source was obviously not concrete at the time. this is the young boy that lost his life. Martin Richard

130416062627-martin-richard-boston-victim-story-top.png