• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In The Last 8 Seasons...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...How many things have been broken by Dodgers fans by watching their team throw away World Series Championships?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They easily have the most talent....I mean if they are the best team they will come back from this hole.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching is where its at and right now its not working for the Dodgers in the post season. You'd think they'd eventually get "lucky" but nope

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching is where its at and right now its not working for the Dodgers in the post season. You'd think they'd eventually get "lucky" but nope

Yeah, I was thinking about what the probability was of a team not winning the WS if they make the postseason seven consecutive times like the Dodgers did from 2013 to 2019. If you give them 1/8 chance to win because there are 8 teams that make the postseason, I believe the result is a 39% probability of zero WS titles in those 7 postseasons, which means that there was a 61% chance of them winning at least one WS.

If you account for the Dodgers being the best team in baseball for many, if not all, of those years, then that number goes way up. If we were just to say that they had a 1/5 chance to win in each of those years, then the result would be a 79% chance of winning at least one WS.

If you're a math genius, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers $108M payroll
Braves $63M payroll

Astros $83M payroll
Rays $28M payroll

Hope we see a Rays vs Braves

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers $108M payroll
Braves $63M payroll

Astros $83M payroll
Rays $28M payroll

Hope we see a Rays vs Braves

I have absolutely zero feeling for the Rays (neither positive nor negative). I'd rather see Houston make the highly improbable comeback and make it into the World Series.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking about what the probability was of a team not winning the WS if they make the postseason seven consecutive times like the Dodgers did from 2013 to 2019. If you give them 1/8 chance to win because there are 8 teams that make the postseason, I believe the result is a 39% probability of zero WS titles in those 7 postseasons, which means that there was a 61% chance of them winning at least one WS.

If you account for the Dodgers being the best team in baseball for many, if not all, of those years, then that number goes way up. If we were just to say that they had a 1/5 chance to win in each of those years, then the result would be a 79% chance of winning at least one WS.

zach galifianakis algorithm GIF by Product Hunt

Not me with numbers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely zero feeling for the Rays (neither positive nor negative). I'd rather see Houston make the highly improbable comeback and make it into the World Series.

I don't care about them either but don't want to see those cheaters in the World Series especially if they aren't playing the Dodgers lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect 7 runs in the 1st.

But an ambush of Wright tonight was pretty predictable.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This means either the Dodgers are fucked, which I like, or they're due, which I don't

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was told there would be no math.

There are a couple of reasons, imo. The biggest reason they haven't won a World Series is their pitching has repeatedly failed them in the post season. Kershaw has been their future first ballot Hall of Famer ace for this entire run and he has been inconsistent at best in the playoffs.

When he has pitched well, the Dodgers bullpen has failed. A couple of times when they were said to have the best bullpen in the league.

As for the World Series, the Astros cheated them out of 1. In the 2nd one, the Red Sox were just a better team. They definitely should have made more than 2 world series during this run.

If they don't get it done this season, I think they may have to get rid of Roberts. It's hard to say considering all of the winning they've done, but they've addressed pretty much everything else.

He may be MLB's version of Del Harris. He can improve your team, get you to the playoffs and even advance in the playoffs, but just can't clear that final hurdle.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicked ass last night and tonight we have Kershaw going against a rookie.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told there would be no math.

There are a couple of reasons, imo. The biggest reason they haven't won a World Series is their pitching has repeatedly failed them in the post season. Kershaw has been their future first ballot Hall of Famer ace for this entire run and he has been inconsistent at best in the playoffs.

When he has pitched well, the Dodgers bullpen has failed. A couple of times when they were said to have the best bullpen in the league.

As for the World Series, the Astros cheated them out of 1. In the 2nd one, the Red Sox were just a better team. They definitely should have made more than 2 world series during this run.

If they don't get it done this season, I think they may have to get rid of Roberts. It's hard to say considering all of the winning they've done, but they've addressed pretty much everything else.

He may be MLB's version of Del Harris. He can improve your team, get you to the playoffs and even advance in the playoffs, but just can't clear that final hurdle.
They got rid of Mattingly for less than Roberts.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball playoffs are such a crap shoot. the best team doesn't always win a short series

just like when the braves won their division like 10 years in a row but only won one world series

the indians were dominant for several years in the late 90's early 00's and never won one

it's hard to get too upset as a baseball fan when it comes playoff time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball playoffs are such a crap shoot. the best team doesn't always win a short series

just like when the braves won their division like 10 years in a row but only won one world series

the indians were dominant for several years in the late 90's early 00's and never won one

it's hard to get too upset as a baseball fan when it comes playoff time.

True. Similar to a hot goalie in hockey, a hot pitcher can carry a team a long way.

That 1988 Dodgers team was arguably the least talented team to ever even make a World Series, let alone win one...but Orel Hershiser went on a historic run and they rode his arm all the way to the series.

Probably why it's been so long since they won one. The baseball gods are making them pay. lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at the Dodgers. They are just paper tigers.