• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In the last 10 years this is the first time the Dallas Cowboys have

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot if teams get over hyped every year. This year we over hyped the Dallas D off of camp news without actually seeing it in action.
The reports on the D in camp, i was really concerned about the OL. Now in game action the OL isnt horrible but its not good either. I'll say its a little below average. But the D in it's entirety is a complete mess.
If the D lived up to even close to what was being reported the Cowboys are undefeated.
That’s a fair assessment imo. No pre season, makes the first 4 games a time for fans to really see what their teams are.

The star always gets more attention than most. As I said, I get it, kudos to JJ and his marketing business savvy. Generation of fans who adore and are all about chasing bright shiny things. Too bad he is delusional about some other things on the actual football field. Not as bad as Danny Boy imo. Shite for both our storied franchises that have been perpetual laughing stocks in the NFL, mainly cuz we were such a great division for so long, with legit rivalries that were so much fun. (Skins waaaay worse than the Boys tbf)

I’d just like to return to the days when the NFCE produced legit Football Teams (see what I did there :happy: ), built to act like they’ve been there before...cuz they have.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a fair assessment imo. No pre season, makes the first 4 games a time for fans to really see what their teams are.

The star gets always gets more attention than most. As I said, I get it, kudos to JJ and his marketing business savvy. Generation of fans who adore and are all about chasing bright shiny things. Too bad he is delusional about some other things on the actual football field. Not as bad as Danny Boy imo. Shite for both our storied franchises that have been perpetual laughing stocks in the NFL, mainly cuz we were such a great division for so long, with legit rivalries that were so much fun. (Skins waaaay worse than the Boys tbf)

I’d just like to return to the days when the NFCE produced legit Football Teams (see what I did there :happy: ), built to act like they’ve been there before...cuz they have..see what I did there?! lol

If it wasn't for your stinking division, NE would have 3 more Lombardi's. All 3 losses in Brady era came vs NFCE

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the defense...it's the offense in the 1st half. They have turnovers and they just aren't that good...they light up the scoreboard when teams are up big and play prevent defense. Most of their real offensive production and efficiency is in the 2nd half. So really it's about both sides of the ball...yes they have OL issues and injuries but I think playcalling on offense and defense needs to improve dramatically as well.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb was to good to pass on and early returns show it was 100% the right decision. Cooper may be gone after 2021
The team had more immediate needs on defense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for your stinking division, NE would have 3 more Lombardi's. All 3 losses in Brady era came vs NFCE
I'm a little torn on that. On one hand it has kept the Patriots from runnig away in the Lombardi race, on the other hand, it has allowed teams I don’t care for earn Lombardi's.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little torn on that. On one hand it has kept the Patriots from runnig away in the Lombardi race, on the other hand, it has allowed teams I don’t care for earn Lombardi's.
Understandable, fans of other teams, don't want to see the same teams in the mix, unless their own

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Player Available, in case you've never heard of it.
Yes, I have but there were more immediate needs on defense. The Cowboys already had good receivers.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lay the blame on @Manster7588 He ended up bringing Beasley and Witten to Vegas to be close. But seriously what happened to that D, injuries?

You give up 24 in any quarter, not a good result usually
Wait a minute, isn't Beasley still in Buffalo?

As for what happened to the D? They don't know how to tackle, and they look confused. Almost as confused as Falcons ST covering onside kicks.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evs. Total troll thread but a bit funny tbh. Boys are overrated year after year by the media and fans. Public loves the star and Jerry world. JJ is the King of Marketing and Spin. Truth is, Boys have had the talent to win more than lose most years. If they don’t take this sissy division, that’s on them.

This.

The team gets a lot of media coverage and people think they are better than they really are.

Even the Cowboys have to pay their players more than they are actually worth because of the coverage they receive:
Amare Cooper is right on the verge of only being a top 20 NFL WR. Certainly not a top 5 guy. But has a top contract.
Jaylon Smith isn't a top 5 MLB. But has a top contract.

And then the Cowboys have just flat out had some bad luck.
Ware and Smith looked like cornerstones. Smith is struggling to stay healthy the last couple years and his play is dropping slightly when playing because of it. Ware I have no idea what happened to him. He has flat out sucked lately when I have seen him.

Cowboys also have a habit of signing guys with big names who aren't as good as people think they are anymore. Their DL plan for this season is probably the perfect illustration of that. I could have told you that Aldon Smith, Everson Griffin, McCoy and Poe was not going to be a great unit if Ware was going to look like crap. And the fact that Aldon Smith even looked as good as he has is just a huge bonus and surprise.

And then of course the injuries.

Add it all up and you have a team that doesn't have NEARLY as much talent as the average fan and the media at large thinks they do.

But luckily for the Cowboys: 2-11-1. That is the NFC East's record outside of the division. And the Cowboys get 6 games against the rest of the East. First team to win 7 games in that division probably gets a ticket to the playoffs.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, isn't Beasley still in Buffalo?

As for what happened to the D? They don't know how to tackle, and they look confused. Almost as confused as Falcons ST covering onside kicks.

You're right my bad, they played in the same game yesterday and Jack Daniels confused me

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither was I but if you skip on Lamb and went best DEFENSIVE player Chaisson is probably in Dallas.
In a way you're now arguing against yourself. Congratulations.
No, I'm not arguing against myself. The Cowboys could have traded up to secure a stud defensive player. You fail again.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Lamb and a 1-3 record.