• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In I want Batum on this team news...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Batum Struggling To Adapt To Reserve Role
Dec 30, 2011 10:39 AM EST

Nicolas Batum is adjusting to coming off the bench behind Gerald Wallace.

"I knew it was going to be different this year, that I would play less," Batum said. "But that's OK. We are winning, so I'm OK with that."

Batum has yet to show the confidence he displayed while playing on the French national team this past summer.

"I learned things (in France), but Gerald is playing like an All-Star," Batum said. "And Jamal (Crawford) has played great. L.A. has been great. I try ... I try to play great game, but ..."

The Blazers need Batum to be more aggressive in looking for opportunities to score.

"As I've said to him: 'Don't defer,"' Blazers coach Nate McMillan said. "Gerald has come in and become the starter, but I want him to approach it as: 'I want that position back.' I want (Batum) to be assertive."

Via Oregonian

Read more: Batum Struggling To Adapt To Reserve Role - RealGM Wiretap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Batum's contract ends this season as a Blazer. He ain't going to be starting any time soon and is underused by Portland. He would start for our team and fills a hole where we are extremely thin (SF). Batum would be a great fit for our young core. Sign him, Colangelo!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Batum Disappointed With Blazers’ Final Offer
Jan 26, 2012 10:20 AM EST

After weeks of negotiations that included talks throughout the day on Wednesday, the Blazers and Nicolas Batum's agent, Bouna Ndiaye, could not find middle ground, guaranteeing that Batum will become a free agent after this season.

Ndiaye says Batum will explore every available opportunity on the market.

"They say they love him but they didn't offer him something fair, so that's it," Ndiaye said. "We tried and there's no deal. On July 1 we're going to look at the market first before we come back to the Blazers. That's for sure."

Via Joe Freeman/Oregonian

Read more: Batum Disappointed With Blazers’ Final Offer - RealGM Wiretap

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not gonna happen KDS
Apparently Batum said he will never come to the Raptors because of a pre draft test
WolstatSun's avatar@WolstatSun: RT @jberteraut: Batum already said in a French interview that he'd never sign with the Raps because of what happened before the draft...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what happened pre-draft

French swingman Nicolas Batum, projected to be a late first-round NBA draft pick, stopped participating in a workout with the Toronto Raptors earlier this week after a stress echo test -- a treadmill test that measures the health of the heart -- came back in the "borderline" area.
There is an issue with Batum, and nothing is clear," his agent, Bouna Ndiaye, told ESPN.com on Friday afternoon. "The number [the score on his stress echo test] could be a borderline problem if he had a family history of heart problems. But I talked to Nicolas's mother and she said his father didn't die of a heart problem. His team in France and the French national team test him regularly and said they've never seen any indication that he had a heart issue."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still want Batum on this team. We have the cap space this offseason as Barbosa will likely leave for a 'win-now' team. I think Batum can back up both the 2 and 3 spot, which will give us some solid outside shooting and youth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is what happened pre-draft

French swingman Nicolas Batum, projected to be a late first-round NBA draft pick, stopped participating in a workout with the Toronto Raptors earlier this week after a stress echo test -- a treadmill test that measures the health of the heart -- came back in the "borderline" area.
There is an issue with Batum, and nothing is clear," his agent, Bouna Ndiaye, told ESPN.com on Friday afternoon. "The number [the score on his stress echo test] could be a borderline problem if he had a family history of heart problems. But I talked to Nicolas's mother and she said his father didn't die of a heart problem. His team in France and the French national team test him regularly and said they've never seen any indication that he had a heart issue."

Whaaaaa? I didn't know about this! Not the Aaron Gray-rule!!!!

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the raptors offer him 10 million more than any other team, im sure he'll learn to forgive.

if the raps r gonna spend money (and it looks like BC is going to) Batum would be a good guy to get