• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In, can we live without Baldy? news...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sources: Raptors Open To Trading Calderon
Jan 28, 2012 11:06 AM EST

The Raptors are not shopping Jose Calderon, but would be open to trading him in the right deal, sources say.

In a recent interview with Marca, Calderon didn't deny that he'd "like to have the opportunity to compete for something."

That doesn't mean he's poised to ask for a trade -- "I don't think so, that's not me, that's not my personality," Calderon said -- but the 30-year-old left the undeniable sense that he wouldn't oppose a move away from the rebuilding Raptors if the opportunity materializes.

Via ESPN.com

Read more: Sources Raptors Open To Trading Calderon - RealGM Wiretap

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as much as i want to follow the shedding process and as bad blayless is i think they'd be foolish to not be shopping jose right now. He's playing well right now and might actually have value again, something the team has been waiting years for.

trade him, sign koufas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
as much as i want to follow the shedding process and as bad blayless is i think they'd be foolish to not be shopping jose right now. He's playing well right now and might actually have value again, something the team has been waiting years for.

trade him, sign koufas

Also, Jose's dime piss abilities as well as his staggering assist/turnover ratio would be pretty darn attractive to teams who really need an anchor at the point. But who is willing to take his 10 million contract with one more year to go?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You want to see the face of a champion? Look no further...

act_kosta_koufos.jpg

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Devin Harris for Jose? I would do that deal three years ago. Harris is sucking balls right now. Who else?

i'd do it unless he has a shit load of time/money left. Harris's struggles have likely been rigged league related but at the very least he's twice as mobile, younger, has put up big stats in the past and can push the ball in the open court.

that said harris is a massive geek and probably brings even less street cred to the team then balderon....hmmm

maybe miami would be willing to part with a decade worth of second rounders

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd do it unless he has a shit load of time/money left. Harris's struggles have likely been rigged league related but at the very least he's twice as mobile, younger, has put up big stats in the past and can push the ball in the open court.

that said harris is a massive geek and probably brings even less street cred to the team then balderon....hmmm

maybe miami would be willing to part with a decade worth of second rounders

He has the same amount of years left (expires next season), but makes 2 million less than Jose so we would likely need to package a deal. Harris is only 28.

HAHAHAHAHA, that would be awesome. If Winsbro was GM, it'd be Jose to Miami for 12 second rounders

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or, Atlanta. They will likely need someone to share the PG situation with Jeff Teague. Baldy could piss many dimes for Horford/Josh Smith. I know the Hawks have been wanting to shop Marvin Williams for a while now. I don't like Williams though.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lakers too, fisher is 40 and they likely don't value their second rounders much

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or, Atlanta. They will likely need someone to share the PG situation with Jeff Teague. Baldy could piss many dimes for Horford/Josh Smith. I know the Hawks have been wanting to shop Marvin Williams for a while now. I don't like Williams though.

bet we could get joe johnson but he's owed a billion and declining or at least getting less calls.

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, so we send Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to Indiana in exchange for their combo guard AJ Price and their 1st rounder this year.

They get a true guard to go with Collision and Eddie D for a playoff push. (Not to mention Jose is White, which they'll love)

We work on developing Sprayless this year, then this spring we address a starting point guard and another SF (I'm actually warming to the idea that Sphinxter can become a really good starter in this league) and we try to win with our three big men (Poon, Jaudice, and Pharoh)

We need AJ Price for this year alone really. He's an expiring contract, but even if we want to renew his deal, he'd be a solid third PG for us behind mystery PG and Sprayless. The trade works without us getting anything in return other than the pick, but it makes better sense like this.

Also, if we mail Jose off, we're going to lose more, making our draft pick higher. And we get to address our two weakest spots (and really the only two spots we need to fill) in the coming draft.

Trade machine approved.

Brian, I know you read these boards to make your decisions, but please please listen to me just this once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, so we send Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to Indiana in exchange for their combo guard AJ Price and their 1st rounder this year.

They get a true guard to go with Collision and Eddie D for a playoff push. (Not to mention Jose is White, which they'll love)

We work on developing Sprayless this year, then this spring we address a starting point guard and another SF (I'm actually warming to the idea that Sphinxter can become a really good starter in this league) and we try to win with our three big men (Poon, Jaudice, and Pharoh)

We need AJ Price for this year alone really. He's an expiring contract, but even if we want to renew his deal, he'd be a solid third PG for us behind mystery PG and Sprayless. The trade works without us getting anything in return other than the pick, but it makes better sense like this.

Also, if we mail Jose off, we're going to lose more, making our draft pick higher. And we get to address our two weakest spots (and really the only two spots we need to fill) in the coming draft.

Trade machine approved.

Brian, I know you read these boards to make your decisions, but please please listen to me this once.

How on earth did you get trade machine to approve a deal with a 10 million contract to trade with AJ Price who is making 900,000 dollars?? Even with a first rounder, how the heck did that deal work?!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lakers too, fisher is 40 and they likely don't value their second rounders much

Lakers and Knicks both need experienced PGs...Lakers even more so. But for that to work, the only realistic dude we'd get in return is Metta World Peace, and really...we'd probably just waive him. So, it isn't really fun deal to discuss.