• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Impact Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Hardy's killing it. I wasn't sure how much gas the Broken Matt/Brother Nero feud had left until he cut that promo Tuesday. MickMahoon. This is just getting started.
The whole show was legitimately great.

I'm a big fan of Corgan's music but he hasn't worked as an on air character at all. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a heel helping the Miracle invasion angle with limited screen time but the idea that as a part owner he's enabling it.

Also the Wolves deserve a WWE run at some point. With the brand split they need tag team depth and they're championship level

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Davey was the ICW's golden boy, then like a year later, they turned on him due to his perceived lack of selling.

Back in 2009ish, I remember reading a comment on Youtube about the Wolves:

"Holy shit, look at those guys. Its as if Benoit made two clones of himself, before he committed suicide"

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never made the Benoit connection but now that you mention it that's obviously who they patterned themselves after in the ring. Even the name wolves is probably a play off Benoit's wolverine gimmick

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think their name is an obvious play off of the British Bulldogs.

Remember, Dynamite Kid is who Benoit modeled his style off of. It all ties in together.

btw, Broken Matt Hardy is a GENIUS character. Props to Matt for pulling off such a drastic character change late in his career.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Hardy's killing it. I wasn't sure how much gas the Broken Matt/Brother Nero feud had left until he cut that promo Tuesday. MickMahoon. This is just getting started.
The whole show was legitimately great.

I'm a big fan of Corgan's music but he hasn't worked as an on air character at all. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a heel helping the Miracle invasion angle with limited screen time but the idea that as a part owner he's enabling it.

Also the Wolves deserve a WWE run at some point. With the brand split they need tag team depth and they're championship level

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Corgan is the new president of TNA. Carter moved up to Chairman.

WWE had the chance to sign the Wolves in 2014, but passed on them. A lot has changed since then, though.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Corgan is the new president of TNA. Carter moved up to Chairman.

WWE had the chance to sign the Wolves in 2014, but passed on them. A lot has changed since then, though.

I believe one of the Wolves had a medical issue and WWE chose not to sign them based on that.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Davey rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I doubt they ever get signed by the Evil Empire.

Also, this is from Meltzer about the American Wolves' WWE tryout

"Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards won’t be back at the next NXT tapings and aren’t going to be offered a contract.... But after the first taping, HHH made the decision not to sign them. There were stories out that it was because in the match with The Ascension, there was a spot where Richards landed on his head, which was an accident. Essentially, when they were working on their match, Viktor picked Richards up without dipping down first. So when they did the match at the tapings, Richards went up, and this time, Viktor dipped and the end result was Viktor lost him and he landed on his head. The ref told them to go home under orders from HHH in the back. They did, but not right away.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't tell if its new news or just old rumors sparking up again, but there's talk that WWE and Sinclair (which owns ROH) have both put in bids to purchase TNA. Some fan asked Dave Meltzer if both had placed bids and he said it wasn't true but didn't specify which one had placed bids or if no one had. Sinclair had some interest at the start of the year I remember reading but nothing ever materialized

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good article, said Billy only paid enough for the tv to continue and there are basically 4 people that own 1/4 share. The article pretty much wrote that Vince would buy it just to shut it down. Just to think, this brand switch could have been another monday night war.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good article, said Billy only paid enough for the tv to continue and there are basically 4 people that own 1/4 share. The article pretty much wrote that Vince would buy it just to shut it down. Just to think, this brand switch could have been another monday night war.
VKM would buy TNA to get the library and then shut it down.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, yeah, but with Network subscribers falling off how long do you think he keeps that going. the only real way to force subscriptions is to move raw and smackdown there.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meltzer is making it sound like Friday is D-day on a sale with Corgan and the WWE both in talks for the company.

Really hope Corgan gets full control of it. He's an intelligent guy with a passion for the wrestling business. The Hardy stuff has been amazing under his watch.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meltzer is making it sound like Friday is D-day on a sale with Corgan and the WWE both in talks for the company.

Really hope Corgan gets full control of it. He's an intelligent guy with a passion for the wrestling business. The Hardy stuff has been amazing under his watch.
PWInsider.com also had an article this morning saying Friday is D-day for the sale/survival of TNA.