• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Impact Wrestling

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think Russo was ever going to go over well with the core WCW audience.

Russo's biggest issue is that despite being in the business for years, he just doesn't understand professional wrestling. He loves the beginning of angles and the climax of it, but doesn't pay enough attention to what happens in between, which makes the climax...pretty meh, more times than not.

IMO, the Main Event Mafia angle in TNA is a great example of this. It began pretty hot, and AJ was the TNA World Champion by the time it ended..so it should be a success right? No. A lot of it was shit in between, because guys like Team 3D and Rhino were inserted, and by the time it ended, the only credible young guys involved in the storyline were AJ and Joe...and Joe SWITCHED sides! Could make a case for Daniels, but Daniels wasn't involved in the storyline until five-six months after it started, and was able to avoid the Team 3D/Rhino mess.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened to catch Brodus Clay (aka apparently Tyrus the Fixer) in an Impact Match. Just wasn't working.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch the 'final' Hardy Boys' match last night?

Still trying to figure out what the hell I saw. It's hard to find the words to describe the horrible overacting by all and the low quality of this match. There is suspension of disbelief and then there is this utter train wreck of a match. I'd say that at least this is the end of this feud BUT we all know IT"S NOT OVER (Gawd help us ALL!!!). This match (and feud) should be an instant Wrestlecrap induction and runaway Gooker Award winner for 2016. If you don't know what I'm talking about go check out wrestlecrap.com

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read PWInsider's report of the show and match here (had to put the link in SPOILER due to the article name being a spoiler.

COMPLETE IMPACT WRESTLING REPORT: DIXIE CARTER HAS A SURPRISE FOR MIKE BENNETT, A NEW CHAMPION IS CROWNED, THE FORMER DOLLHOUSE EXPLODES IN A NO DQ STREETFIGHT, MATT AND JEFF HARDY FACE OFF IN THE MOST BIZARRE MATCH IN HISTORY, AND MUCH MORE | PWInsider.com. The writer calls the Hardy Boyz deletion angle the weirdest angle he's ever seen in his life and he's watched wrestling for over 25 years. I second that opinion and I've watched wrestling for over 45 years!!!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched last night. I lost it when they brought out the Roman Candles. I thought it was really entertaining

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched last night. I lost it when they brought out the Roman Candles. I thought it was really entertaining
IMO it was entertaining in a train wreck kind of way. Not sure if that's a good thing for TNA or not.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO it was entertaining in a train wreck kind of way. Not sure if that's a good thing for TNA or not.

They had to have been going for the trainwreck thing to generate hype. It should be interesting to see if there's a huge ratings bump

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to have been going for the trainwreck thing to generate hype. It should be interesting to see if there's a huge ratings bump
Yeah, the rating will tell the tale.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. This who;e showed insulted my intelligence as a Wrestling fan

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that Final Deletion match was Pathetic.

If i want to see lots of cool effects and shit. I'll find a movie

I feel like a want to puke

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool??? Did you mean cheap, dumb and lame D-Movie effects???

On the other hand TNA needs to put lit Tiki Torches on all the ring posts ASAP. Watch the hilarity as high flyers try to avoid catching fire before every top rope move (anyone notice Jeff almost caught (or did and they edited it out) his hair on fire during a 2nd rope (tried to go top rope but the torch blocked the move) corner suplex move)!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool??? Did you mean cheap, dumb and lame D-Movie effects???

On the other hand TNA needs to put lit Tiki Torches on all the ring posts ASAP. Watch the hilarity as high flyers try to avoid catching fire before every top rope move (anyone notice Jeff almost caught (or did and they edited it out) his hair on fire during a 2nd rope (tried to go top rope but the torch blocked the move) corner suplex move)!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Yeah. I miss the good ole days when wrestling was only on cable tv and shot in a gym, tv station or boys and girls club. For those there is always YouTube ;)

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I miss the good ole days when wrestling was only on cable tv and shot in a gym, tv station or boys and girls club. For those there is always YouTube ;)
:yes:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think Russo was ever going to go over well with the core WCW audience.

Russo's biggest issue is that despite being in the business for years, he just doesn't understand professional wrestling. He loves the beginning of angles and the climax of it, but doesn't pay enough attention to what happens in between, which makes the climax...pretty meh, more times than not.

IMO, the Main Event Mafia angle in TNA is a great example of this. It began pretty hot, and AJ was the TNA World Champion by the time it ended..so it should be a success right? No. A lot of it was shit in between, because guys like Team 3D and Rhino were inserted, and by the time it ended, the only credible young guys involved in the storyline were AJ and Joe...and Joe SWITCHED sides! Could make a case for Daniels, but Daniels wasn't involved in the storyline until five-six months after it started, and was able to avoid the Team 3D/Rhino mess.

A little late on my comment here but ....

another thing that killed the MEM storyline, at least to me, was the Sting-Kurt Angle feud. It totally took away from the entire MEM storyline and made the young breed feuding with MEM completely irrelevant.

And then they had the whole situation with MEM and that foreign group, World Elite was it?, and the whole shitshow became a huge clusterfuck.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Made me wish the the Final Deletion meant the end of Impact Wrestling.

I want one more Hardy match where the loser has to retire and take his brother with him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally looked it up to see what all the fuss was about.

That was some gawd awful bullshit. The people saying it was good are just trying to be cool like music fans that find some niche band; quality doesn't really matter, just the fact its not a "mainstream" thing. This story wasn't even all that innovative. Lucha Underground takes a similar approach in story telling and does it far better. This was just what LU does but with far shittier values and acting.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Finally looked it up to see what all the fuss was about.

That was some gawd awful bullshit. The people saying it was good are just trying to be cool like music fans that find some niche band; quality doesn't really matter, just the fact its not a "mainstream" thing. This story wasn't even all that innovative. Lucha Underground takes a similar approach in story telling and does it far better. This was just what LU does but with far shittier values and acting.

I grew up on Ultimate Warrior promos. I grew up on Scott Steiner promos. I remember watching the WWF's batshit crazy train wreck TV to generate hype like Stone Cold showing up at Brian Pillmans house when Pillman was injured and had a gun to protect himself. I remember flipping through and seeing ECW on MSG at 2 in the
morning and thinking wtf is this?

In other words I like when wrestling's campy, off the wall and doesn't take itself too seriously. It gave TNA by far their highest rating on their new network so the stunt worked.

As far as wrestling becoming the equivalent of a niche indie band that's already happened. The ratings are in the toilet and a good portion of the fan base boos whoever gets pushed as the top babyface and debates if a match was 4 and a half stars or 4 and three quarters. I do it too, to an extent, but that's wrestling becoming niche.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also LU does 2 minute cinematic vignettes
Not 20 minute backyard wrestling matches. Whatever your opinion was on the final deletion it was definitely unique