• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm starting to worry

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I know there are some folks here who still like to pour koolaid even with a turd in the bottom of the cup. And I know these folks will take this as if I'm throwing in the towel. I assure you I am always going to hope for he best and believe anything can happen.

With that said, today pushed me over the edge. Coming off of a good win, you're trying to build momentum so we can make a run for a bowl game.......and then to come out in the first half and wing the ball around like that against the 7th ranked Pass D in the country. To play into their strengths with what honestly isn't a strength of our own. At the half Riley said we couldn't run the ball so we'd have to come out and pass in the 2nd half. I checked the stats at the half.......Newby was averaging 4.6 yards a carry at that time. I didn't understand what in the hell he was talkin about there.

Their Defense was on the field for almost the entire game, but we never wore them down because we didn't attempt to get a ground game really going. Especially in the 2nd half, I felt like we ran the ball at the most predictable of times. Their DL just didn't really have to work and that's ridiculous beings as we doubled the amount of plays they ran Offensively. By the 4th quarter we should have been punishing them owning that much of the clock.

Instead, in the 4th quarter we were right back where we've been all season. The "first year" excuse can only live on so long. This should have been the week coming off of a nice win that we didn't shit the bed. We sure shit the bed again. 5 times this year we've lost to an opponent who is worse than we are. It is almost all coaching. Yea the secondary struggles.....meh, that's not where my focus is. My focus is pounding a square peg into a round hole with Tommy. I fear that this staff is going to stick around these next few years trying the same shit just waiting until hopefully they get the right players to fit.

By that time, we'll probably fire Riley and look for a new coach, who will then come in and not have the right players for his system. And it goes round and round.

I'm starting to seriously worry.
Hey Nebraska maybe you shouldn't have fired your coach from last season he was actually pretty good

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worry is the time you spend in a public restroom without tp at hand
and you have ta use the hand

Nope

When I was a yute out at the fishin' pond with my gramps, he taught me to always wear socks and carry a pocket knife. Instant ass-wipe.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we do need to have patience. There is no other choice. You have to be patient, and let it play out. Us yelling about the situation doesn't make Riley leave any sooner.

We have to let him do his thing and see if it works. All I know is, I see red flags. I see a lot of them.

I'm not sounding the siren. I'm just starting to worry.

Patience to me really doesn't matter to me. Two of the last three AD's fired coaches with winning records at Nebraska and after 9 win season. For this reason I listed before Eichorst and this staff IMO can be let go at any time. This team on offense has zero identity. If they continue to have Armstrong throw the ball for more then 30 times a game they will loose every time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience to me really doesn't matter to me. Two of the last three AD's fired coaches with winning records at Nebraska and after 9 win season. For this reason I listed before Eichorst and this staff IMO can be let go at any time. This team on offense has zero identity. If they continue to have Armstrong throw the ball for more then 30 times a game they will loose every time.

9 win seasons mean jack shit though.

They mean you can beat little guys, and get your asses embarrassed setting NCAA records on the way against the big guys.

Just like Bo did over and over and over again.

Bo Pelini is a pussy. A huge pussy.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will 12 games be enough with a 5-7 to possibly a 3-9 season?

This garbage staff should not have been hired in the first place.

Nope, 8 games is enough to make a perfectly sound and educated decision that they all suck and this is a huge failure and everyone should be fired.

In fact, 8 games is actually 7 games too many. Should have been fired after game 1. This is the worst coaching staff in the history of football and should leave immediately. It's clearly the only answer to bringing in a great staff to bring us back to 95 and running the ball 98% of the time like Husker fans want.

It completely obvious and anyone that doesn't see that is blind.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, 8 games is enough to make a perfectly sound and educated decision that they all suck and this is a huge failure and everyone should be fired.

In fact, 8 games is actually 7 games too many. Should have been fired after game 1. This is the worst coaching staff in the history of football and should leave immediately. It's clearly the only answer to bringing in a great staff to bring us back to 95 and running the ball 98% of the time like Husker fans want.

Would you replace any assistant coaches or change up any starting players right now?

How about at the end of the season?

If so. Who?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff won't do better than Bo. I will state that now

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 win seasons mean jack shit though.

They mean you can beat little guys, and get your asses embarrassed setting NCAA records on the way against the big guys.

Just like Bo did over and over and over again.

Bo Pelini is a pussy. A huge pussy.

I don't disagree that 9 win means jack shit and we have two different AD's fire two different coaches. However if Eichorst and this staff are shown the fucking door after horrible coaching and a losing record it shouldn't shock anyone. You can't say Eichorst and Riley will have more then three seasons at Nebraska, if this square peg in a round hole mentality. Riley has shown me enough this season as to why his record is 96-85. He hasn't proven to me he's any better Bill Callaclown.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this season happens in 2016 also, I will bet my sweet bippy that Mr. Shawn Eichorst will be out of a job at the University of Nebraska.

Eichorst had better not get a pay raise before then. He was making $973,000. Which is about $873,000 too much.

Haven't you all said that Perlman retires this year?
New president fires Eichorst after 2016.
New AD fires Riley after 2017.

And the process begins all over.

Welcome to the club JJM.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you replace any assistant coaches or change up any starting players right now?

How about at the end of the season?

If so. Who?

Of course, I would replace all of the course because they all suck and 8 games is enough. All the starters should be benched because they all suck and 8 games in a transition year littered with injuries and walkons up and down the 2 deep. It is the only logical course of action.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rushed the ball 38 times for about 2 yards per carry.. there wasn't a whole lot there

Tommy Armstrong lost this game, and the plays were there to be made.

Banderas didn't look very good either coming off of injury

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I would replace all of the course because they all suck and 8 games is enough. All the starters should be benched because they all suck and 8 games in a transition year littered with injuries and walkons up and down the 2 deep. It is the only logical course of action.

I'll just take that as a 'no'.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'didn't establish the run'

SMH if you rush 38 times you should at least crack 100 yards, poor play all around

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rushed the ball 38 times for about 2 yards per carry.. there wasn't a whole lot there

Chris Weber needs to come back, and Banderas can go get draft ready because he is going in the third round.:trash:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tommy had 12 carries for 13 yards. That's why the statistics look like we couldn't get anything going on the ground.

Like I said, Newby at the half was averaging 4.6 yards a pop against an average Run D. Riley says, "we can't run so we have to pass more in the 2nd half."

That was an incorrect statement.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm confused. Who here thinks they should be fired? Maybe there are a couple people off their rocker, but I don't see people here calling for folks to be fired after 8 games.

If you aren't concerned at all at this point, then you're in denial. There are red flags. 2nd and 2 at the opponent's 40 and you throw 2 incomplete passes after you just ripped off 8 on the ground to get to 2nd and 2. And then to do it again on the very next series?

That worries me.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is this ----

as I stand in the middle of a field pissin an faaaaartin
this Mike riley crew is all about bullshit like Billy C