• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm infatuated with Mock Drafts.............

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever the Lions season is done, I find myself looking thru dozens of sites at all the mock drafts and seeing what people think the Lions are going to do.

I was sifting thru a few today and the one site has the Lions not only taking Sammy Watkins with their 1st round pick. They have them taking another WR (Odell Beckham Jr.) with their 2nd round pick.

I don't know why, but it just may me think of Matt Millen and gave me a good laugh.

Seems like the majority of the sites have Watkins going to the Lions, which I would love to see happen. After looking at some of the 2nd and 3rd round of the Mock Drafts these guys have -- WR seems to be an extremely deep position and players like Kelvin Benjamin and even Allen Robinson are shown as 2nd round picks in a lot of these drafts.

Will be very interesting to see what route the Lions go with the 10th pick in the draft. Caldwell has said he is going to establish the run. What if a guy like Greg Robinson is available with the 10th pick? I know we have Reiff at LT, but if they want to establish the run -- Would it be a stretch to draft the guy who is supposedly the best run blocking OL at #10?

Man -- I can't wait for the draft to get here.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen them too, But if Watkins is there we need him and it's a good pick. If not go with DB help. If Dennard is off the board then LB or Robinson......Posistions have priority.....

WR trumps DB....DB trumps OL.....OL trumps LB......

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever the Lions season is done, I find myself looking thru dozens of sites at all the mock drafts and seeing what people think the Lions are going to do.
I am the complete opposite. I can't stand all the so called "experts" and their million mocks that change weekly. I just like to read about potential picks and what each have to offer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the complete opposite. I can't stand all the so called "experts" and their million mocks that change weekly. I just like to read about potential picks and what each have to offer.

That is the reason why I like to read the mock drafts. They tell you about potential picks and break down those players for you. It is also why I like the mock drafts that have multiple rounds picked, because it tells you about obscure players or west coast players, you don't really get to see play much, because of the start times for their games or because they are never televised here.

I completely agree about the 'experts' comments -- There are way too many out there, but they are entertaining to read when you are looking for something about the Lions in the offseason.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the expert.....Denard Robinson will be good once he plays for a winner....Peyton Manning would fail on the Browns or Lions........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone was wondering -- the Lions are going to take Shilique Calhoun from Michigan State according to the 2015 Mock Draft I just saw.:laugh3:

Oh yeah -- Detroit will be drafting 19th, so looks like they are going to miss the playoffs again.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins unlikely to be available at #10. Someone who will help the team will be there, though. Barr, Mack, or Dennard would be, in order of the guys I think might be available, my preferences. If Watkins there pull the trigger, though.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron is not getting any younger. In 3 or 4 years we might be looking for a number 1 WR never mind a 2. If Watkins is there I think we have to take him no matter how deep the draft is. I would not be too disappointed if they did not though. There should be some decent FAs as a number 2 out there. Just cant expect Calvin to be the best for more than a few more years so need to start preparing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree about the 'experts' comments -- There are way too many out there, but they are entertaining to read when you are looking for something about the Lions in the offseason.

Entertaining to say the least. Some kill me how much they change their opinions every other day.

I like the sites that make the mocks with trades involved. With the new CBA, trades are cheaper to pull off. Just hitting on which teams pull that trigger.

I still say Rams will double down on the Redskins pick and trade it for suitor wanting a QB. Could you imagine the fan base here if the Lions were there and passed on Clowney?

I like Walter football. com Some good and some absurd opinions.
WalterFootball.com

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have the web address of the draft simulator game we did last year?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron is not getting any younger. In 3 or 4 years we might be looking for a number 1 WR never mind a 2. If Watkins is there I think we have to take him no matter how deep the draft is. I would not be too disappointed if they did not though. There should be some decent FAs as a number 2 out there. Just cant expect Calvin to be the best for more than a few more years so need to start preparing.

When the topic of CJ vs Rice ever comes up, I start thinking there's no way he touches Rice's records. He is getting beat up too often and if it continues, he won't see the longevity Rice did.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an expert, but I play around with mocks...I have DET taking Dennard @ 10...Watkins would not be a bad pick, some impact yes, but most rookie WR blossom in yr 2 so you could take a guy like Martavis Bryant @ 45...maybe not as much production as a rookie, but has #1 WR potential in a couple of years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any mocks before the combine is just time fillers without much validity.

Someone always shoots up the board and someone falls off due to some issue or injury.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertaining to say the least. Some kill me how much they change their opinions every other day.

I like the sites that make the mocks with trades involved. With the new CBA, trades are cheaper to pull off. Just hitting on which teams pull that trigger.

I still say Rams will double down on the Redskins pick and trade it for suitor wanting a QB. Could you imagine the fan base here if the Lions were there and passed on Clowney?

I like Walter football. com Some good and some absurd opinions.
WalterFootball.com

Exactly -- it is more for entertainment value right now. They change the Mock Drafts every week, just because they know there are fans like me who will go and check it out each week to see what they have changed.

Agree on WalterFootball. That is the 1st site I go to. By the time the combine gets here. They will have a 7 round draft for both Charlie and Walt (the two guys on the site who do the mocks). Right now -- it goes til the 4th round.

Personally -- I'd love Watkins. But with the 10th pick -- Detroit should be able to get themselves an impact player on either side of the ball. Whether they go defense and take Dennard, Mack or Barr -- Or offense and take Watkins, Mike Evans, Marquise Lee (who I don't want) or one of the top OL (some have Greg Robinson dropping, some even have Jake Mathews dropping to 10)

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions desperately need a real number 2 WR. That should be the top priority.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jdwillis go to google and type in first pick game its the link to the site

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the topic of CJ vs Rice ever comes up, I start thinking there's no way he touches Rice's records. He is getting beat up too often and if it continues, he won't see the longevity Rice did.

That's my fear. I am thinking with Caldwell though that it could change a bit now. We wont be chucking the ball all over the place like in years past. It should be more balanced.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what Shadow said. Once teams get a chance to see how explosive Watkins really is, everyone in the top 10 will have some interest, along with everyone below that. He's a better prospect than Austin was. I dont see him sliding to 10 but I would be very very upset if the Lions passed in him. It better be a Wr or Cb at 10. No excuses.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what Shadow said. Once teams get a chance to see how explosive Watkins really is, everyone in the top 10 will have some interest, along with everyone below that. He's a better prospect than Austin was. I dont see him sliding to 10 but I would be very very upset if the Lions passed in him. It better be a Wr or Cb at 10. No excuses.

I think all the teams have had the chance to see how explosive Watkins is. The Lions have a couple of things going for them this year though.

1. The WR position is one of the deepest positions in the draft. So teams drafting at the top of the draft will have plenty of options at WR when the 2nd round comes along.

2. With the rookie pay scale they put in place -- It opens up drafting quite a few different positions than in the past.

I do agree -- I think Watkins will be off the board when the Lions draft, but I'm hoping he isn't. I honestly don't think comparing him to Tavon Austin is fair though -- In 2013, the WR position was very thin and Austin is different player than Watkins. We aren't going to see Watkins running 4.25-4.35 40 times. Watkins is also more of an outside WR, while Austin is more of a slot type WR, you can move into the backfield and all over the place (like a percy harvin).

I did find a new pick that was added to the mix today -- SI had Detroit taking Kyle Van Noy, former teammate of Ansah. Was a pretty shocking pick to me, as they have him being picked by Detroit over Khalil Mack.