• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest about Seattle

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suggest you look at the trend. Each season since their SB win they have slowly declined. If they had made huge strides in FA or even had a decent draft, fans outside the Emerald City and Calgary may think differently. As many of us have mentioned previously, we could all be proven wrong. You know the escape clause anyone but 12s use.
Trends are sometimes useful, but sometimes they are not the best predictor for future performance. I wonder what we would say about the "trend" with a league avg kicker last year and an 11-5 record. Does a couple kicks really change the whole trend either way? Also, I'm not buying that someone with 18k+ posts on a sports message board really thinks it's all just as simple as looking at a trend over a few years. If that's as deep as you can look at a team, you don't have much to show for all that time investment.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trends are sometimes useful, but sometimes they are not the best predictor for future performance. I wonder what we would say about the "trend" with a league avg kicker last year and an 11-5 record. Does a couple kicks really change the whole trend either way? Also, I'm not buying that someone with 18k+ posts on a sports message board really thinks it's all just as simple as looking at a trend over a few years. If that's as deep as you can look at a team, you don't have much to show for all that time investment.
What is a better predictor? Missed kicks are part of the NFL. Great teams overcome them. I have heard this 11 win theory if we had a better kicker from several Seahawks fans.

The Seahawks are not the same team at all. Maybe they will be good with the new players, but this whole idea that the downward trend would not be happening with a better kicker is just asinine.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't a clue how Seattle will do this year. The defense and oline has questions but Wilson is pretty special. Anything is possible. I tend to not buy in to the Rams after just one season and the niners and cards still don't look the contender part to me.
Definitely some questions on both sides of the ball, and I think the majority of Seattle fans acknowledge that. We'll have to hit on some younger, unknown players added in the last couple drafts in order to avoid a .500 or below year, most likely. I am most confident that we have scouted the DBs well because that is something they've been able to find on a consistent basis. The OL absolutely must get fixed or it's going to be tough sledding. They have made some serious attempt to do so, and now we'll see if it works.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a better predictor? Missed kicks are part of the NFL. Great teams overcome them. I have heard this 11 win theory if we had a better kicker from several Seahawks fans.

The Seahawks are not the same team at all. Maybe they will be good with the new players, but this whole idea that the downward trend would not be happening with a better kicker is just asinine.
Dammit we are screwed then!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not accurate. Lynch's last impactful season in Seattle was 2014. It was still a top of the league type running team in 2015 when Lynch did pretty much nothing. That's when Rawls gained 800 yards in around a half a season.

Yes and RW had over 500 which kept them at the top of the league stat wise. No one was threatened by the run game.

I havent made any prediction at all on the season yet. If I would say something like "12-4 if...." then ya got me. The only thing I've done so far is acknowledge that many new pieces will be a challenge to putting together a good start to the season. That's what I expect to happen. It's not a conditional on a prediction.

I did make a prediction and I was asked to quantify my prediction.

But you're basically waiving off all the moves and saying they won't work because the run game has been absent since Lynch left. I guess they're just doomed forever no matter what they do?

I didn't wave off all the moves. I do however believe that this team, as it stands right now is not as good as the team that started last year. Not even talking the losses on D but the offense is down to Wilson and Baldwin. An unproven line once again that hasn't had time to gel, a rookie RB and pretty much a whole new coaching staff. On the plus side I do believe some of the losses (Sherman and Bennett) mostly are an addition by subtraction as far as team chemistry goes and I'm a firm believer in team chemistry making a difference.

Do you really think the Seattle fanbase is any different than any of the other teams that have been good to great this decade? You arent going to find many braggart Bengals or Browns fans. You also aren't going to find many "aw shucks" Pats fans either.

I think I already answered this? I said every team fan base has their idiots. I've said Seattle has them along with some intelligent fans. However, the idiots make it very easy to have arguments with.

We can continue to sit here and nitpick every word or take certain sentences out of context in order to strengthen our arguments if you want? Or we can debate the actual arguments presented?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did it become bad for a fan of a certain team to want the best for their team?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trend in this case is a team predictor not based on a certain position or two or three.
The trend is based on multiple factors and predictors. I've already addressed a handful of them and how I've used them to support my prediction. Whether you wish to see that or not is up to you. But please stop trying to put words in my mouth.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely some questions on both sides of the ball, and I think the majority of Seattle fans acknowledge that. We'll have to hit on some younger, unknown players added in the last couple drafts in order to avoid a .500 or below year, most likely. I am most confident that we have scouted the DBs well because that is something they've been able to find on a consistent basis. The OL absolutely must get fixed or it's going to be tough sledding. They have made some serious attempt to do so, and now we'll see if it works.
I wish BB could find DBs like JS & PC have been able to find in the draft.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish BB could find DBs like JS & PC have been able to find in the draft.

You'd think he'd be better at scouting talent for all positions on the roster given that's part of his job description as GM/VP of football operations/head coach.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think he'd be better at scouting talent for all positions on the roster given that's part of his job description as GM/VP of football operations/head coach.
He also made his name as a DC. But he just doesn't seem to be able to find those DBs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trend in this case is a team predictor not based on a certain position or two or three.
The trend is based on multiple factors and predictors. I've already addressed a handful of them and how I've used them to support my prediction. Whether you wish to see that or not is up to you. But please stop trying to put words in my mouth.
I just see your "predictions" on Seattle for what they are. You hate the team and you like to argue with its fans. For me, that equals a credibility issue.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see your "predictions" on Seattle for what they are. You hate the team and you like to argue with its fans. For me, that equals a credibility issue.
Yet for some reason you avoid any counter argument to the points I've made. OK I see where that makes sense.