• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm digging the post-bye week schedule

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AZ loss doesn't waiver the confidence I have on where this team is headed and how we'll fair in this "tough" stretch, especially after a get-right win over SF (who had played well 2 straight weeks). This Buffalo game won't be easy (it's still the NFL), but how good are they? I think their stock has dropped the last few weeks.
I agree. Josh Allen has come back to earth after his hot start and is doing some of the things people have been crirical of. Hopefully, our guys can do a few things like we did vs. San Fran and get him rattled so that trend continues. It's a tough matchup and won't be easy but the Bills defense isn't as good as it was a year ago. And their pass defense is below average so that bodes well for Lockett, Metcalf and Wilson to make some plays. If our LB group plays like it did last week and if Jamall Adams can play and the new additions do some things up front, we can shut down their run game and make Allen outscore Wilson with his arm. A lot can happen but I'm not sold on the Bills as a top tier team like I was at the start of the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AZ loss doesn't waiver the confidence I have on where this team is headed and how we'll fair in this "tough" stretch, especially after a get-right win over SF (who had played well 2 straight weeks). This Buffalo game won't be easy (it's still the NFL), but how good are they? I think their stock has dropped the last few weeks.
As maddening as the AZ game was we didn't have Adams, Dunlop and Snacks out there so confidence is still high going into Buffalo this week and a rematch at home against AZ.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As maddening as the AZ game was we didn't have Adams, Dunlop and Snacks out there so confidence is still high going into Buffalo this week and a rematch at home against AZ.

And thats not even half the people on the Hawks that missed that game and they are still one ticky tacky holding call away from winning in OT or one personal foul away from winning in regulation. That loss stings a little more because of that.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills also had an emotional win over the Patriots last week, so a let down afterward is not unheard of. I like our chances.

Seattle - 32
Buffalo - 24

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats not even half the people on the Hawks that missed that game and they are still one ticky tacky holding call away from winning in OT or one personal foul away from winning in regulation. That loss stings a little more because of that.
For me the loss stings that Seattle should never had to be in that position in the first place. The PF/Holding call wouldn't have happened if they took care of business in the second half and kept that door slammed shut.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the loss stings that Seattle should never had to be in that position in the first place. The PF/Holding call wouldn't have happened if they took care of business in the second half and kept that door slammed shut.

Yes we have seen that since Pete got here they always take their foot off. It's like Pete doesn't want to blow people out because it hurts his feelings or something lol. So then he coasts for half a game and then wonders why he can't turn it back up when he done sucked the energy out of his players.

There is a clip of Marshawn asking Pete if they can keep scoring or "score more", and Pete says oh yeah we're going to need to. Only reason Mashawn said this is because Pete is ALWAYS doing it, Coasting on like 10-17 point leads at halftime.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have seen that since Pete got here they always take their foot off. It's like Pete doesn't want to blow people out because it hurts his feelings or something lol. So then he coasts for half a game and then wonders why he can't turn it back up when he done sucked the energy out of his players.

There is a clip of Marshawn asking Pete if they can keep scoring or "score more", and Pete says oh yeah we're going to need to. Only reason Mashawn said this is because Pete is ALWAYS doing it, Coasting on like 10-17 point leads at halftime.
That has always boggled my mind and he treats those leads like he's still at SC not wanting to run up the score.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has always boggled my mind and he treats those leads like he's still at SC not wanting to run up the score.
I can see letting up if the team is up 2-3 scores with only a couple minutes left on the clock but it's really frustrating when we do it in the 3rd qtr or early 4th qtr and give up a bunch of big plays to give the opponent any kind of hope. With the way our offense can score, we should be doing what those mid 2000's Pats teams did or what the Chiefs do. Bury teams and remove all doubt. I know our defense is not that good but it isn't nearly as bad as the stats indicate either. We've given up a ton of second half yards and points that could be prevented by demoralizing the opponent and having our offense on the field, not our defense out there playing soft prevent.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see letting up if the team is up 2-3 scores with only a couple minutes left on the clock but it's really frustrating when we do it in the 3rd qtr or early 4th qtr and give up a bunch of big plays to give the opponent any kind of hope. With the way our offense can score, we should be doing what those mid 2000's Pats teams did or what the Chiefs do. Bury teams and remove all doubt. I know our defense is not that good but it isn't nearly as bad as the stats indicate either. We've given up a ton of second half yards and points that could be prevented by demoralizing the opponent and having our offense on the field, not our defense out there playing soft prevent.
I don't think we're asking for much in hoping Pete keeps his foot on the pedal and burying teams

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks losing but the Bills game wasn't a devastating loss and the Cards shit the bed at home.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
atomic bomb explosion GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 games are BRUTAL. 3 divisional opponents and the Bills, 3 of which are AWAY (and I get HFA is kind of lost this season, but it's still travel, not your own field, etc.). I really hope we don't suffer any major injuries and Adams comes back healthy, because I feel like the next 4 game stretch is going to determine the season for Seattle. After that it gets easier, but if players are down and out due to health than it doesn't matter.

Not sure how you're 'digging' the post bye schedule. Maybe digging it after the next 4 games, but that window right after the bye is no cake walk.

Shark you are so brilliant and smart and called this perfectly. You're a model poster and one of the most knowledgeable fans here!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the thing, being 5-0 is HUGE and it helps so much. They could go 1-3 in those games and be 6-3 with 7 to go and everything in front of you still. Lets say they split 2-2 you are still 7-2 and i will take that after 9 games.

Seeing as Shark pats himself on the back i wanted to pat myself for calling out the 1-3 record yep i am a BEAST! lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 5 non-division games:

at Bills
at Eagles
Giants
Jets
at Redskins Football team
1-2 so far against those...

As badly as the Jets are trying to tank their season, I'm not sure they will find success at staying winless against this formidable Seahawks team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-2 so far against those...

As badly as the Jets are trying to tank their season, I'm not sure they will find success at staying winless against this formidable Seahawks team.
They at least know they have a shot because we don't put bad teams away... I think we'll beat the Jets (J Adams reunion) but I don't think we'll beat the Redskins...