• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm digging the post-bye week schedule

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks only have 5 remaining out-of-division games, and all 6 of the divisional games.

Those 5 non-division games:

at Bills
at Eagles
Giants
Jets
at Redskins Football team

While the Seahawks love playing close games, this remaining non-division schedule is about as easy as it gets. Only Buffalo is a great team in that bunch.

While the Rams are 4-1, all four of their wins are against the NFCE, which is the weakest division in the NFL this year. Hawks definitely have the inside track moving forward, which makes those divisional games all the more important to win.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can dig it don cornelius GIF by Soul Train

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are no easy task they are a very well coached football team. I will say that these divisional games are going to be huge it was great that the 49ers lost to the Dolphins in which that is a good they should have won. With the Rams looking like a threat the last thing we need is for the 49ers to gain momentum.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are no easy task they are a very well coached football team. I will say that these divisional games are going to be huge it was great that the 49ers lost to the Dolphins in which that is a good they should have won. With the Rams looking like a threat the last thing we need is for the 49ers to gain momentum.
Look who the Rams wins are against though. The 4 NFCE teams. Not exactly something to write home about. The NFC west still has a lot to prove to show it is the best division in football.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck at the bills. They are no easy out anymore

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 games are BRUTAL. 3 divisional opponents and the Bills, 3 of which are AWAY (and I get HFA is kind of lost this season, but it's still travel, not your own field, etc.). I really hope we don't suffer any major injuries and Adams comes back healthy, because I feel like the next 4 game stretch is going to determine the season for Seattle. After that it gets easier, but if players are down and out due to health than it doesn't matter.

Not sure how you're 'digging' the post bye schedule. Maybe digging it after the next 4 games, but that window right after the bye is no cake walk.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 games are BRUTAL. 3 divisional opponents and the Bills, 3 of which are AWAY (and I get HFA is kind of lost this season, but it's still travel, not your own field, etc.). I really hope we don't suffer any major injuries and Adams comes back healthy, because I feel like the next 4 game stretch is going to determine the season for Seattle. After that it gets easier, but if players are down and out due to health than it doesn't matter.

Not sure how you're 'digging' the post bye schedule. Maybe digging it after the next 4 games, but that window right after the bye is no cake walk.
I agree the next 4 games are tough. IDK about "determining" the season but could have a big impact if there is a sweep in either direction. So win them all and the Seahawks are balling, lose them all and it's looking grim. Likely some type of split. Be a real good idea to beat the Rams in any case.

We rooting for the 49ers to beat the Rams next week? Guess that would be a big help, but dang it's hard to root for the 49ers. IDK if I can.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the next 4 games are tough. IDK about "determining" the season but could have a big impact if there is a sweep in either direction. So win them all and the Seahawks are balling, lose them all and it's looking grim. Likely some type of split. Be a real good idea to beat the Rams in any case.

We rooting for the 49ers to beat the Rams next week? Guess that would be a big help, but dang it's hard to root for the 49ers. IDK if I can.

Only determines the season if we get injuries... and the Rams/Cards/49ers play us hard... and the Bills are not a 'nice' team to go against. That's my major concern, staying healthy after the bye for the next 4 games.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of our division our only tough game is Buffalo. All games are challenging, but compared to the rest of the division's schedules, I'm definitely digging ours. Sure division games will be tough for us, but tougher for our opponents

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's the thing, being 5-0 is HUGE and it helps so much. They could go 1-3 in those games and be 6-3 with 7 to go and everything in front of you still. Lets say they split 2-2 you are still 7-2 and i will take that after 9 games.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo all of sudden doesn't look nearly as scary

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but also couldn't practice a whole bunch in that time off. They slaughtered the bills.
That's true too. I guess I looked at it as guys were able to rest up from nagging injuries for 17 days and were fresh with the extended break.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate when people try to judge teams by one game, Look at the body of work. Hawks played like shit for most of game 5 and are lucky to be 5-0 winning against a 1-3 team when you were AT HOME. The Bills stumbled a little but don't downgrade them just because of one damn game. I still think they are one of the best teams in the NFL, But so are the Titans.

When you look at the Titans and the Bills you will notice that the Titans not only have a better defense but a higher scoring Offense. I mean is it really a shock that they beat the bills? or is it just because they had all the time off? to me it wasn't a shock. The Bills give up more points than the Hawks do per game.

Last edited:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate when people try to judge teams by one game, Look at the body of work. Hawks played like shit for most of game 5 and are lucky to be 5-0 winning against a 1-3 team when you were AT HOME. The Bills stumbled a little but don't downgrade them just because of one damn game. I still think they are one of the best teams in the NFL, But so are the Titans.

When you look at the Titans and the Bills you will notice that the Titans not only have a better defense but a higher scoring Offense. I mean is it really a shock that they beat the bills? or is it just because they had all the time off? to me it wasn't a shock. The Bills give up more points than the Hawks do per game.
Sure, and the Bills are still definitely the toughest out-of-division game on the schedule (and maybe the toughest remaining game), but they looked mortal yesterday.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that we hit a 4 week run of 3 NFC east teams and the Jets starting week 12. Hopefully that will allow for a late season run as opposed to the issues we had down the stretch last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win 3 of the next 5 and we almost certainly will the division and have a great shot at the 1 seed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lost track of the number of times over the years we have had these stretches where we thought it was going to be really tough yet we came out pretty well. The Rams will be a tough nut to crack because for whatever reason we just don't match up well with them at all, but the Cards look no better than average to me. I have watched 2 Bills games: the huge lead they blew vs Rams, and then the other night when they got smoked by the Titans.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lost track of the number of times over the years we have had these stretches where we thought it was going to be really tough yet we came out pretty well. The Rams will be a tough nut to crack because for whatever reason we just don't match up well with them at all, but the Cards look no better than average to me. I have watched 2 Bills games: the huge lead they blew vs Rams, and then the other night when they got smoked by the Titans.

With Jones and Bosa out our offense SHOULD do well against the Cards/9ers... and if Adams/Dunbar come back that improves our odds TREMENDOUSLY. Rams are still worrisome because they ALWAYS play us tough in the RW era and Aaron Donald is a living version of some asshole programmer that coded things wrong and is LT 2.0 for Tecmo Super Bowl... but if we can at least topple SF/ARI that bodes well for us. Wilson should have good passing time against both ARI/SF.