• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you got excuses, post em now...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I would rather not hear any of these in retrospect as the series is over. Obviously as we've seen throughout the last 2 years, the injury/bogus suspension excuse has been brought up, so I guess that's fine(only pending on the situation). Also, bogus calls at the last second MAY be alright as well. I may be missing some more...
HOWEVER, the excuses along the lines of "well hey, we just missed shots/they just made shots", "they just had too much" or "so and so just didn't show up" don't fly with me personally.

Lastly, the player excuses are kind of lame for me as well....and by excuses, whether it's KD, Steph, or Lebron that loses, the excuse of "well he had this amount of points/rebounds/assists, so he's off the hook" excuse doesn't really fly with me either. I understand it, and I'll readily admit that that may not be fair, but I didn't care what Kobe did in 2008, because he took that L in the Finals, and that was that.

So with all that being said, whatever excuse that you currently have for your pick or team that doesn't have to do with the future games ahead, go ahead and post em.

I'll start the proceedings...I got no dog in the fight, but I picked the Warriors to win big...however Mike Brown as the coach in the FINALS certainly doesn't calm me...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @WiggyRuss can you list the # of excuses you plan to make if the Warriors win the series.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I would rather not hear any of these in retrospect as the series is over. Obviously as we've seen throughout the last 2 years, the injury/bogus suspension excuse has been brought up, so I guess that's fine(only pending on the situation). Also, bogus calls at the last second MAY be alright as well. I may be missing some more...
HOWEVER, the excuses along the lines of "well hey, we just missed shots/they just made shots", "they just had too much" or "so and so just didn't show up" don't fly with me personally.

Lastly, the player excuses are kind of lame for me as well....and by excuses, whether it's KD, Steph, or Lebron that loses, the excuse of "well he had this amount of points/rebounds/assists, so he's off the hook" excuse doesn't really fly with me either. I understand it, and I'll readily admit that that may not be fair, but I didn't care what Kobe did in 2008, because he took that L in the Finals, and that was that.

So with all that being said, whatever excuse that you currently have for your pick or team that doesn't have to do with the future games ahead, go ahead and post em.

I'll start the proceedings...I got no dog in the fight, but I picked the Warriors to win big...however Mike Brown as the coach in the FINALS certainly doesn't calm me...

But that's not an 'excuse', it's a reason. Warriors might get out-coached. Valid point.

If your team misses more shots than they usually do, that's also a reason, not an 'excuse'.

Excuses are attempts to say your team woulda won but this other thing having nothing to do with how good they are happened. Like bad officiating, or injuries.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses this year. Both teams are 100%.

Whoever wins this year will put to bed the myth of their title being "lucky".

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Warriors/Cavs fans stop being fake. I know some of you will damn sure use the ref as an excuse

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Warriors/Cavs fans stop being fake. I know some of you will damn sure use the ref as an excuse

Not me, the Warriors are this good even with the refs not calling all the contact on Curry all year

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's not an 'excuse', it's a reason. Warriors might get out-coached. Valid point.

If your team misses more shots than they usually do, that's also a reason, not an 'excuse'.

Excuses are attempts to say your team woulda won but this other thing having nothing to do with how good they are happened. Like bad officiating, or injuries.
Well, excuses or reasons, either way you wanna go. I said Mike Brown, because he he might do some Mike Brown stuff like run the freakin Warriors offense through the post with David West. Now if he coaches to the best of his ability, and Cle. just wins out, then he did his best.
Ehh, I think the missed shots is not a legitimate "we're off the hook because of" reason/excuse like say Kyrie/Love getting hurt, or Draymond getting suspended/Iggy blowing out his back

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are the biggest whiner about the refs on this site by a HUGE margin....no one cries more about the refs. Its not even close.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, excuses or reasons, either way you wanna go. I said Mike Brown, because he he might do some Mike Brown stuff like run the freakin Warriors offense through the post with David West. Now if he coaches to the best of his ability, and Cle. just wins out, then he did his best.
Ehh, I think the missed shots is not a legitimate "we're off the hook because of" reason/excuse like say Kyrie/Love getting hurt, or Draymond getting suspended/Iggy blowing out his back

That's what I said, missing shots is not an excuse. It's a reason you lost. It's how you lost. The other team won because they scored more points, because you missed too many shots.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, the Warriors are this good even with the refs not calling all the contact on Curry all year
cmon...we both know that if curry had to actually endure contact he would be:

qNZHcRB9gW-2.png

fan-theory-reveals-how-samuel-l-jackson-s-mr-glass-could-return-in-split-2-unbreakable-2.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im extra salty because im slowly losing my mind and its not gonna get better any time soon.

My best guess is 24 hours from now your nowhere to be seen.
I'll tell you upfront I'm leaving for the airport at 5:30 am Friday and prob won't have much access to internet or care until after game 4 in case the Cavs are doing the improbable.

#nothidinglikeyou

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dog ate my homework.