• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you could play 2 games over again.........

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could play two games over again which ones would they be? It would be the same players, coaches, venue, etc. but this time everybody on your team is healthy, there's nobody suspended, or whatever your reason was for losing the first time. Which games and why?

OU:

1. I'd pick our NC game against LSU when Jason White was hurt bad and couldn't do squat with the game close at the end.

2. The other game I wish we could play again would be the NC game against Florida when OU just didn't get into a rhythm and even the players later admitted they didn't play well.....not nearly up to how they had played the whole season. Give Florida credit but OU did play poorly and I'd expect them to play better if we could have a do-over.

FWIW: I wouldn't play the USC game over again when we lost that NC. Getting clown stomped that badly proved they had the superior team. If those two teams played again it would be closer but USC would win.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1971 Oklahoma-Nebraska, just because that game was the best game ever between two of the best teams ever and it would be worth it to have seen them play against each other again.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEXAS - ALABAMA

I still think the Horns could have beaten the Tide.

The flukish loss of McCoy took all the wind out of a confident and talented team that was about to go up 10-0.

Instead, McCoy gets hurt. Texas stalls and only is up 6-0 with a horrible shellshocked freshman.

And yes, it did affect the game.

Only an idiot would have suggested that 2010 Auburn without Cam Newton was the same....or 2008 Florida without Tim Tebow...

McCoy was a 2-time Heisman finalist, the leading passer, the leading rusher, the team captain, and the all time winningest quarterback in BCS aq league history.

Just once, we want to go back and time and see what would have happened.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2006 NCG vs. Florida, only this time Ginn doesn't get FUCKING HURT on the opening kickoff. Oh, and we don't spend the month of December getting told how great we are and actually prepare like we should've.

1998 vs. Michigan State. Motherfuckers pulled off one of the all-time great upsets. We blew through everyone that year but them. We win that game, we win the first BCS NCG.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'94 UW vs Oregon. Take that Kenny Wheaton pick back and the ducks are still nobodies mired in their own feces and futility on the gridiron.

'84 UW @ USC. Win that game and BYU doesn't end up with the national title and maybe the BCS never happens.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1971 Oklahoma-Nebraska, just because that game was the best game ever between two of the best teams ever and it would be worth it to have seen them play against each other again.

I like Nebraska so much I'll let them keep that one. Itt was a game where some bad officiating definitely hurt OU but that wasn't enough for me to pick that game for a do-over. If those teams played 10 times it would probably have been 5/5. Great football. But look at what DID happen in that game.

Johnny Rodgers Punt Return - YouTube

What a lot of Nebraska fans want to ignore is the block in the back at the Oklahoma 33 yard line at about the 15 second mark. Let me explain it to you. Everett Marshall, the fastest guy in college football at the time, was so fast he was even making Johnny Rodgers look like he was pulling a U-Haul trailer. You can see how he was closing so quickly he would have caught him in another 10 yards. But he was demolished by a block in the back and Rodgers easily scored. I'm not hating on Nebraska or Johnny Rodgers. I'm a Nebraska fan myself. But the truth is, years later I had the opportunity to talk to a couple of Nebraska players who were on the field during that play and they both freely admitted the refs missed the call.

It's possible that Nebraska would have gone ahead to score anyway on a 20 yard drive. It's also very possible that if 2 of OU's best defenders (Derland Moore and Ray "Sugar Bear" Hamilton) had not been hurt and out of the game Nebraska wouldn't have been able to put together a 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter to win the game. It's possible that the refs could have seen the recovery Steve Aycock made from a Nebraska fumble 3 plays before NU scored to win the game. And it's possible that on OU's final possession a tall Willie Franklin would have caught the ball that was over thrown by 1" if Chuck Fairbanks had not favored John Harrison to be the receiver on that play because he had a serious grudge against Franklin and wouldn't him play the entire game. The OU players always held that against Fairbanks because they knew Franklin was a seriously better receiver who went on to play pro ball when Harrison wasn't even drafted.

A lot of things could have happened that day to change the game. But Nebraska won it 35-31 and the two schools have always shared the memory of playing a great game. A game that was won by a great Nebraska team against a great Oklahoma team. Go Big Red. Both of them.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy and both recent history:

1) Texas v Bama, NC game. Texas was leading, Colt was playing well, and we were about to score. Colt gets hurt on a stupid play call by an OC who is no longer employed. What came next we never recovered from. Gilbert Grape proceeds to turn the ball over 5 times and we still lose in a game that was closer than the final Saban run up score would indicate. I think most would love to have seen this one again.

2) Last year's Texas v OU game. Enough said.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Stanford. ffs, San Jose, Oregon State, Washington, Arizona, WSU, ND, UCLA x2 all scored more than Oregon. Last time I checked Oregon's offense is way better than all the above.

2010 Auburn. Oregon left 14 points on the field where they were on the goaline and couldn't score cuz Darron Thomas had his worst game in the zone read ever. He tried to keep the ball when Fairley was in his face. Hand off the ball and Barner and James walk into the endzone twice. Literally walk in. And the fluke Dyer play....:L

lost both by a FG

2 NATTYS left on the table...

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012, OSU and msu....I really would just need 2 plays over.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Georgia Tech in 2010. No telling how our season might've gone had we started 2-0 instead of 0-2.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Stanford. ffs, San Jose, Oregon State, Washington, Arizona, WSU, ND, UCLA x2 all scored more than Oregon. Last time I checked Oregon's offense is way better than all the above.

2010 Auburn. Oregon left 14 points on the field where they were on the goaline and couldn't score cuz Darron Thomas had his worst game in the zone read ever. He tried to keep the ball when Fairley was in his face. Hand off the ball and Barner and James walk into the endzone twice. Literally walk in. And the fluke Dyer play....:L

lost both by a FG

2 NATTYS left on the table...

What about the game Dennis Dixon got injured in instead of the Stanford game last year?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the game Dennis Dixon got injured in instead of the Stanford game last year?

Yeah. That one would make top 5.

Along with USC 2011 and Stanford 2001

Missed so many NATTY bids by a freaking FG.

Stanford has beat Oregon 3 times this century. 2 of em kept us out of NATTY, both @ Autzen.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 1997 Rose Bowl

2. ASU UCLA game last year. We lost by one point, didn't have Will Sutton, 2 other defensive starters, and a starting lineman. If we won we would have played Stanford in the Pac 12 championship game.