• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we lose this game

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zek's greatest value coming back is that he is so high profile,(and a great back of course) he forces Garrett to stick to the run. It looks like the carries for Morris were down about 1/3 to what Zeke was getting.

If given the same amount of carries...Morris would be pretty close to the same rushing yards
To me that tells you the line is "who they thought they were"

And yet part of me thinks Garrett loves to find excuses to get away from the run. And with this line it drives me nuts.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closeness of this game is on the coaching.

1) Post season is on the line for every game going forward and it looked like the entire team began somewhat flat and lacking energy, IMO.

2) We came out in the second half with a modified prevent defense which allowed Oakland to come up with an easy score making the game closer than it should have been, which affected our play calling for the rest of the game.

3) The fake punt, while it worked, was a dumb call at that point in the game at that spot on the field. Jones barely made it through the opening on the right side of the line and could have just as easily been stopped for a loss, giving the ball to Oakland deep on our side of the field. It worked, so yeah, great play, but it should not have been called at that point.

3) We won on a fluke. Carr should have been happy with the first down. Instead, he did what every quarterback is taught from day one - you don't always have to win the game; just don't lose the game. It was a great effort on his part and on Heath's part, but if we are going to depend on foolish decisions of the other team to win, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I don't want to sound like a Debby-downer. I appreciate the win. I just get so irritated by the coaching that puts us at a -3 from the get go. Whereas good teams rely on their coaching to get them through, it seems like we have to win in spite of the coaching.
It was a fluke, but I will take it. I, like alot of others, felt dread when we did not score that last td. It was a lot of time left on the clock, and with this defense at the end of games, how could anyone possibley think Oakland would not drive down the field and score. With fourth down and forever I thought we had it, even though Brown dropped a sure Int. My heart dropped on that PI call. I thought for sure we were doomed. I am glade we still have a chance to make the playoffs flaws and all.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was ugly again but we won the game . 1 point or 30 a win is a win

Now about some warts we have

we can talk about them after the season is over

KICK them SEAHAGS azz

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think the back was a problem for T Smith and not just the knee? He didn't look right last night even before the knee injury
Maybe, but I don't think so. Most of the times he's pulled for injury he's not standing right next to the field looking like he wants back in. I think he got nicked up and the team chose to protect him.
If he absolutely had to play he would have.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm hearing that ...

We have to win out, Detroit has to lose 1 game, and one of these teams has to lose twice.
Saints, Falcons or Panthers

I know we had a hill to climb but that is more like a mountain.

PS ..Atlanta is playing the Saints so we do get an automatic there.

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Atlanta plays Carolina week 17.

So we are sure to get 2 losses we need ...that is a huge help.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a nut shell we need to win against Seattle and Philly, Detroit needs to lose either at Cincinnati or at home vs GB, and Tampa has to win at either Carolina or NO, unless Atlanta loses one of their final games.

If Philly beats Oakland this week they earn the 1 and have nothing to play for except maybe keeping Dallas out of the playoffs.

Today I just don't see Dallas making the post season, with all that needs to happen, all we can do is watch and hope we get a few breaks.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more scenario. If Detriot wins out we need Atlanta and Tampa to win out.
Yes 10-6 Dallas beats out 10-6 NO and Carolina.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a nut shell we need to win against Seattle and Philly, Detroit needs to lose either at Cincinnati or at home vs GB, and Tampa has to win at either Carolina or NO, unless Atlanta loses one of their final games.

If Philly beats Oakland this week they earn the 1 and have nothing to play for except maybe keeping Dallas out of the playoffs.

Today I just don't see Dallas making the post season, with all that needs to happen, all we can do is watch and hope we get a few breaks.

I'm biased of course but Detroit just doesn't pass the eye test to me, eventhough they should be favored to win their last two games. Atlanta is in the same boat. They just seem to be underachieving. Tampa outplayed them last night, I thought. Of course the playoffs aren't decided by eye tests either, and we probably don't pass it to their fans. I think Detroit wins out. Atlanta will likely split, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were 2-0 or 0-2.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philly will never lay down for the Cowboys. No matter what.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those 2 automatic losses we need kinda took it out of the ridiculous realm and put it into the just "not good" realm.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, make it or not, this is a great part of the season. I am excited and very happy that this team has already pulled out 3 must wins in a row. No we haven't played incredibly well consistently and yes the opponents weren't great, but we won the games. This is what the NFL is all about and I am happy with the direction of this team and to me the future is bright. The two toughest games start now, so let's he how we perform.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions losing a game is always a possibility with them just being the Lions.
I said the other week. We realistically needed the panthers to lose. Still feel that way which doesnt look good.
Doubt we catch the Saints or the Falcons.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really pulling forvTB last night as I think Atl win last night was the second to last nail on our coffin.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really pulling forvTB last night as I think Atl win last night was the second to last nail on our coffin.
I agree and with Rodgers shut down, it makes it harder. We still have a chance, but i just want to win the next 2 games. That is all we can control.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron Smith - T - Cowboys
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys LT Tyron Smith is dealing with a sprained knee.
Luckily his ACL and MCL are both intact. Smith couldn't finish Sunday's game in Oakland and looks questionable at best for Week 16 against Seattle. Byron Bell would fill in if Smith can't go.
Source: Jane Slater on Twitter

Tyron Smith - T - Cowboys
Jerry Jones said LT Tyron Smith (knee) is questionable for Week 16 against the Seahawks.
Smith suffered a knee injury against the Raiders. Jones said the MRI did not show as much damage as they feared, but the injury could still keep him out this week. Byron Bell replaced Smith last week.
Source: ESPN

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Hitchens?