• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we had the same record as the Pack who would win the tiebreaker?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What does it come down to? Record in the NFC or record against common opponents?

Hope the Pack lose to the Giants, Lions, or Chicago.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it goes Division Record and then Conference Record and then from there it turns into some crazy equation about points scored to points allowed and strength of schedule. So far the 49ers need Green Bay to lose to someone in the NFC since the Niners lost to the Cowboys. Losing a Division game would be ideal, two birds with one stone.

I'm pretty sure that Division Record is the first tiebreaker, and that is why the NFL shifted most division games to weeks 15-17, to help encourage teams like Green Bay from not resting their starters week 17

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To be honest I think I would rather Green Bay get homefield throughout because I think we have an edge over them in Lambeau because we're built far better to play a cold weather game than they are.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I think I would rather Green Bay get homefield throughout because I think we have an edge over them in Lambeau because we're built far better to play a cold weather game than they are.

This is what I've been saying. I think the colder weather and slower field play to our strengths and even the playing field. Candlestick isn't the greatest footing either, but I would rather play in Green Bay.

I think the first tie breaker is conference record.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you guys. I think my reservations stems deep within my psyche - My childhood memories of us playing at Lambeau year in and year out and us losing all the time.

The theory only works if GB has some iffy conditions... gamble is that it may be bright and sunny and we're fucked....

But there's no way of telling at that point.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The theory only works if GB has some iffy conditions... gamble is that it may be bright and sunny and we're fucked....

But there's no way of telling at that point.

True but odds are much much higher the conditions will be more miserable than they are in SF.

At the very least even if it's sunny it'll still be pretty cold in Lambeau at that point which still works more in our favor than it does Green Bay's.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tie breakers:

1) Head to head
2) Divisional record
3) Conference record

...if I remember correctly.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is what I've been saying. I think the colder weather and slower field play to our strengths and even the playing field. Candlestick isn't the greatest footing either, but I would rather play in Green Bay.

I think the first tie breaker is conference record.

I think both of you guys are crazy. I'd rather play them at home.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it goes Division Record and then Conference Record and then from there it turns into some crazy equation about points scored to points allowed and strength of schedule. So far the 49ers need Green Bay to lose to someone in the NFC since the Niners lost to the Cowboys. Losing a Division game would be ideal, two birds with one stone.

I'm pretty sure that Division Record is the first tiebreaker, and that is why the NFL shifted most division games to weeks 15-17, to help encourage teams like Green Bay from not resting their starters week 17

Nope. Division record wouldn't apply as the Packers and Niners are in different divisions.

1. Head to head (we don't play each other)
2. Conference record (we've lost to the Cowboys)
3. Record against common opponents (GB 1-0 with four to play, SF 3-0 with 2 to play)
4. SOV
5. SOS

So, it just depends upon who the Pack loses to. Losses to TB, DET, NY are especially helpful to the Niners as those are both conference losses (2nd tiebreaker) and common opponent losses (3rd tiebreaker).

For the Niners, we need to beat the Rams twice to go 5-0 against common opponents. Losses to PIT and BAL hurt us less than any of the division games. The Pack still has to play @DET, @NYG, CHI, OAK, and DET in addition to cakewalks MIN, TB, and @KC.

The Lions and Giants could really do us a solid by beating the Pack.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers/49ers in the NFC Championship? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but that would bring back some memories. History repeats itself...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers/49ers in the NFC Championship? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but that would bring back some memories. History repeats itself...

Hopefully not completely... the last time the 49ers were 8-1, Green Bay was the defending SB Champions though and the 49ers had one of the best defenses that year just like they do this year. Some similarities stacking up to the last time the 49ers and Packers met in the NFC Championship.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think both of you guys are crazy. I'd rather play them at home.

+1.

You want the home game. You want the crowd noise to help you.

Also, has anyone gone from California in January to Green Bay? It's a huge adjustment. Just stepping into that cold must slightly affect your play.

Living in Green Bay, you could get a bit used to it.

Plus the weather here could be wet and sloppy, vs. frozen.