• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge. People are going to look so silly in letting him drop to 10 just because of his unique frame. That frame does nothing but guarantee he will be one the truly unique all time great players when it is all said and done. Because when you talk about just his game, just what he does on the field in the actual game that is played which determines the winners and the losers in football. When you talk about that, he's flawless.

If there was ever a player who was going to give Rice and his records a run for the money then it's DeVonta Smith. Especially in this 17 game era that he starts his career in.

giphy (9).gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is one of the most overrated wr in the history of the game.

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. He was drafted in the middle of the 2nd round, has over 10,000 receiving yards and over 50 TD's. Just for reference, these were some of the guys drafted before him: Donnie Avery, Devin Thomas, James Hardy, Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson. And these were the guys directly picked after him: Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed and Dexter Jackson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty dumb thing to say. He was drafted in the middle of the 2nd round, has over 10,000 receiving yards and over 50 TD's. Just for reference, these were some of the guys drafted before him: Donnie Avery, Devin Thomas, James Hardy, Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson. And these were the guys directly picked after him: Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed and Dexter Jackson.
Yeah u can call it dumb, or interpret things another way. Whatever you like. You can always find guys drafted before or to support your argument. Again, i prefer guys who dont disappear for 2/3 of the season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah u can call it dumb, or interpret things another way. Whatever you like. You can always find fuys drafted before or to support your argument. Again, i prefer guys who dont disappear for 2/3 of the season.
Regardless you will support your point, and tell me im stupid, did the same with raegor.

You said he was one of the most overrated WR's in nfl history. That is a really dumb thing to say when there have been literally hundreds of WR's taken earlier in the draft than he was, that haven't been as good. Getting that type of production from a 2nd round guy is great value.

And you must have me confused with someone else regarding Reagor. I had him ranked as like the 10th WR last year in the draft, and didn't love the pick.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't DeSean Jackson second to Jerry Rice in 50+ TDs?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he was one of the most overrated WR's in nfl history. That is a really dumb thing to say when there have been literally hundreds of WR's taken earlier in the draft than he was, that haven't been as good. Getting that type of production from a 2nd round guy is great value.

And you must have me confused with someone else regarding Reagor. I had him ranked as like the 10th WR last year in the draft, and didn't love the pick.
Wasn't about the pick. but its in the past. No its not a dumb thing to say. I personally think its dumb you are using draft status to justify someone whose been in the league for 13 years. We're past that. Im not talking about "second round value". We have folks talking about how he was dominant, or the best deep threat the game has seen, or other high praise. So if you wanna talk draft status, and cumulative stats then fine. But hes a product of longevity as well.

Career catch % around 55%.

-4 1k yard seasons in 13 years.......
-One year with 9 Td's, 2 years with 6, under 5 every other year.....receiving&return touchdowns don't change this much
-2-62 catch season, 1-82 catch season, Under 60 every other year, in fact 6 seasons of 50 or less
-Targets arent the issue, 56% reception rate may be, yes hes thrown alot of deep balls, but a dude getting 100+targets 5 seasons, 90+8 seasons and one with 87......hes gotten plenty of looks......

I know i know he had a really nice YPC.......

Lets take 2009, hes best statistical season.......which was over a decade ago.....
38th in receptions
12th in yards
12th in TD's
11th in Yards per target
154th!!! in catch percentage
2ndin YPR

Im sorry, this is not someone that I feel is a top notch wr. We can agree to disagree, draft status aside.

I will acknowledge he opens things up for those around him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson's last few years have left much to be desired. He basically fleeced Philly with his last contract. But the first half of his career was electric. He is one of the best deep-threat receivers of all time and was also deadly as a punt returner in his prime. Just ask Giants fans!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't about the pick. but its in the past. No its not a dumb thing to say. I personally think its dumb you are using draft status to justify someone whose been in the league for 13 years. We're past that. Im not talking about "second round value". We have folks talking about how he was dominant, or the best deep threat the game has seen, or other high praise. So if you wanna talk draft status, and cumulative stats then fine. But hes a product of longevity as well.

-One year with 9 Td's, 2 years with 6, under 5 every other year.....receiving&return touchdowns don't change this much
-2-62 catch season, 1-82 catch season, Under 60 every other year, in fact 6 seasons of 50 or less
-Targets arent the issue, 56% reception rate may be, yes hes thrown alot of deep balls, but a dude getting 100+targets 5 seasons, 90+8 seasons and one with 87......hes gotten plenty of looks......

Lets take 2009, hes best statistical season.......which was over a decade ago.....
38th in receptions
12th in yards
12th in TD's
11th in Yards per target
2ndin YPR

Im sorry, this is not someone that I feel is a top notch wr. We can agree to disagree, draft status aside.

So just because an Eagles homer is saying that stuff you immediately jump to the conclusion of him being one the most overrated WR's in NFL history?

He's had some statistically really good seasons. 3 time pro bowler. His first stint with the Eagles was really good. He wasn't as good with Washington and Tampa, which hell, was fine with me. And he's had injury issues for sure.

It's still dumb to say he's one of the most overrated WR's in NFL history.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

38th in receptions
12th in yards
12th in TD's
11th in Yards per target
2ndin YPR

2013 was better actually.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just because some Eagles' homers are saying that stuff you immediately jump to the conclusion of him being one the most overrated WR's in NFL history?

He's had some statistically really good seasons. 3 time pro bowler. His first stint with the Eagles was really good. He wasn't as good with Washington and Tampa, which hell, was fine with me. And he's had injury issues for sure.

It's still dumb to say he's one of the most overrated WR's in NFL history.
Ok. Well you can take another hard line stance, whatever. Hes decent. Yeah.

No not just eagles fans. But whatever. I backed up my stance. Youve used draft status, insinuating stupidity , and making the probowl/popularity contest 3 of 13 years.
we can agree to disagree.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are boxing each other, trading punches and jabs for 12 rounds. Are you anticipating rule changes to the NFL where the WRs will be out there boxing CBs for 12 rounds instead of running routes to catch passes?
Because when a bigger guy hits a little guy he hurts him. you literally will argue anything with your green glasses on.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Well you can take another hard line stance, whatever. Hes decent. Yeah.

No not just eagles fans. But whatever. I backed up my stance. Youve used draft status, name calling , and making the probowl/popularity contest 3 of 13 years.
we can agree to disagree.

I didn't call you any names. I said what you're saying is dumb. You backed up your stance with statistics. Which is more than alot of WR's can say. I'm not saying he's going to the HOF, or that's he's even had a great career. Call him average/above average, it doesn't matter to me.

If you think he's overrated, it's only because you expected more out of him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't call you any names. I said what you're saying is dumb. You backed up your stance with statistics. Which is more than alot of WR's can say. I'm not saying he's going to the HOF, or that's he's even had a great career. Call him average/above average, it doesn't matter to me.

If you think he's overrated, it's only because you expected more out of him.
We clearly are not arguing from the same point of view. So I am gonna end it here. It has ZERO to do with my executions of him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We clearly are not arguing from the same point of view. So I am gonna end it here. It has ZERO to do with my executions of him.

What exactly do you mean then when you call him one of the most overrated WR's in nfl history? What point of view are you trying to reference? It's not like anyone has considered him to be a top 15/20 WR of his generation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly do you mean then when you call him one of the most overrated WR's in nfl history? What point of view are you trying to reference? It's not like anyone has considered him to be a top 15/20 WR of his generation.
Ugh. This has been discussed before. If you werent quite so condescending id gladly have the convo. Moving on.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until the last 2 years Jackson has been a consistent 45 catch per year player with a 17 yard per catch average. Watkins has been a 45 catch per season player with a 14 yard per catch average. Both have been good players, are still considered to be receiving threats, and both open the field for their teammates. Jackson has clearly had the better career, but at this point he's an injury liability and he has off the field baggage.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when a bigger guy hits a little guy he hurts him. you literally will argue anything with your green glasses on.

If a boxer from a larger weight class boxed someone from a lower weight class he wouldn't injure him and break his arms or anything. He would just very likely win the fight.

DeVonta Smith isn't boxing anyone. He isn't playing defensive or offensive line. He is playing WR. Do you know what will happen when DeVonta Smith gets hit by a bigger defender? He will be tackled. Then they will move onto the next play.

Still waiting on your data and examples that backs up your claims that smaller players suffer more contact injuries than larger players.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. This has been discussed before. If you werent quite so condescending id gladly have the convo. Moving on.

How am I being condescending? It is a dumb thing to call him one of the most overrated WR's in nfl history. There are a ton of guys with much more hype than him, that haven't lived up to it. And I don't interact much on here in the off-season. I mean you already confused me with someone else in regards to Raegor.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I being condescending? It is a dumb thing to call him one of the most overrated WR's in nfl history. There are a ton of guys with much more hype than him, that haven't lived up to it. And I don't interact much on here in the off-season. I mean you already confused me with someone else in regards to Raegor.
No, i didn't confuse you. Same attitude in that convo.

And here. You said its ok to call him average. Very few refer to him as average, here and elsewhere, Media included. The point with him is the hype hes received , for what hes done. NOT whatever youre referring to in regards expectations or whatever. Last comment on this.