• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he hold up? He has been a high volume WR in the SEC playing against eventual NFL corners for years. Taking hits for years. What is this nonsensical belief that his size is going to determine if he gets injured or not? Since when is size an indicator of does and who doesn't get injured? Most of the mostly injured players are of bigger size and bulk. The only relevant question about DeVonta's size in the NFL is he will be able to avoid the stronger larger corners from bullying him at the LOS and disrupting his routes during coverage. That is the only time when his slight frame might cause issue. But he is so damn good without his routes and his moves to get off the line against press coverage that I'm not sure how much of an issue that will ultimately end up playing at the NFL level.

3:30 into this video it just starts showing multiple highlights of DeVonta taking huge hits, dirty hits, right after catching the ball. Not only did he hold onto the ball every time but he also held up and didn't get injured.

You of all people have likely been told many times over that size matters

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-10 175

5-9 175 9,2 sprinter at Missouri. Cali HS 100 champ

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must not have been paying attention, had no idea we were talking......

Last two SEC seasons...

185 catchs
3111 yards
37 TD

Whoa!!!! That is historically great.

Wonder what Rice had at MVS, ah.....vs SWAC talent

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so you don't have any sort of data or examples to actually back this up. Something that should be easily provable with data and examples is not at all for you in this scenario.

Got it.
Why are there weight classes in boxing?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Deshean Jackson, which isn’t a bad thing

a lot of Marvin Harrison comps, which is fine if we consider that Marvin had one of the greatest and most deadly accurate passers of all time throwing to him. Who knows what Marvin is with a Jalen Hurts type throwing his way his whole career

I said this when I was hoping the Giants would get him, I just think the great ones win the 50/50 balls, guys draped on them, making those plays. I don’t Smith as that guy, more as a Jackson game breaker type

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel a lot better about Smith's chance to be the best WR in this class if he had a better QB throwing him the football.

But there is no question in my mind that Smith will be on everyone's top 15 WR's in the league when they are making their lists 3-4 years from now.

His size is almost irrelevant. He is too polished with too much short area quickness to worry about him being jammed. Go look at the Georgia game this year where he embarrassed 2 CB's who went in the top 33 picks in the league when they attempted to jam him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a lot of Marvin Harrison comps, which is fine if we consider that Marvin had one of the greatest and most deadly accurate passers of all time throwing to him. Who knows what Marvin is with a Jalen Hurts type throwing his way his whole career

I said this when I was hoping the Giants would get him, I just think the great ones win the 50/50 balls, guys draped on them, making those plays. I don’t Smith as that guy, more as a Jackson game breaker type
I'm not a big fan of comparisons because no two guys are the same nor are they in the same situation. But, I don't see D Jax at all. Jackson was nothing but a deep ball guy and when he did go over the middle it was mostly to try and have him break a slant for a huge gain. His entire game was speed. I think Smith is going to mostly operate in the middle of the field at the next level. Yes there will be attempts to get him to break big gainers but I think you'll see a lot of sitting in zones and the such as well. Much better hands than D Jax also. Marvin Harrison is an interesting comparison. I think like many have said his biggest problem will be his QB play.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kiss of death...

Why does he do this man??? Kills all our Eagles players with his bad karma!

giphy.gif

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would you post anything different?

you really need to cut back on how many words you use in your titles.

I don't care what you think about my titles.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are there weight classes in boxing?

Because they are boxing each other, trading punches and jabs for 12 rounds. Are you anticipating rule changes to the NFL where the WRs will be out there boxing CBs for 12 rounds instead of running routes to catch passes?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DeVonta wins 50/50 balls.

00:30 and 2:14 in this video

3:42 in this video

2:09, 3:03, 10:34 & 15:31 in this video.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...he's bigger than DeSean Jackson, and Jackson did alright.
What was D-Jax Problem? :think: Oh yeah. He couldnt stay healthy.

I really hope Smith is like D-Jax for the eagles.
Paid good money to be unhealthy

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was D-Jax Problem? :think: Oh yeah. He couldnt stay healthy.

I really hope Smith is like D-Jax for the eagles.
Paid good money to be unhealthy

DeSean's injuries were largely not due to contact. He was a race a horse that dealt with a lot of hamstrings and sprains. He had a pretty major concussion on a cheap shot hit early in his career but nothing about your size is going to protect you from a concussion on a cheap shot hit to the head. Concussions come after players of all size, especially when it's a shot to the head.