• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe this season clears all this up
Hope so... Then we can start a new thread with whomever the Eagles draft in '24 that will eventually be a top 3 player at their position over the next 3 years...

There is no question Smith is a very good WR but I don't believe he's top 3, let alone top 10 at this point...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so... Then we can start a new thread with whomever the Eagles draft in '24 that will eventually be a top 3 player at their position over the next 3 years...

There is no question Smith is a very good WR but I don't believe he's top 3, let alone top 10 at this point...
plus 1

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine McLaurin would be even more of a beast if he had AJ Brown opposite of him...
Or an accomplished QB. All this ranking stuff of guys is what we fans do but at the end of the day it’s all nonsense. Go run routes. Go make plays. Go block on run action. Go do your job. And when it’s all over, we can talk about how great or not great dude is. I don’t even know how we would quantify these things. People will revert to stats but even that is limited. Take McLaurin. I love that dude. Has he had many snaps with a competent QB in his career in the league? Give him Burrow or Mahomes or Allen and maybe he’s putting up PlayStation stats as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid has been impressive so far.

What a steal where they drafted him...
Yep, and not the first time or the last time it happens. A.B./ 6th rd, Thielen and Welker UD, Kupp and Lockett 3rd rd. The list goes on and on. Everybody gets so enamoured with the top prospects and granted, some of them are great but a kid like this where everything looks just okay and nothing jumps out always pops up if they are solid route runners with good hands. Maybe he ends up falling off or maybe he has a long and solid career. But he has been impressive so far.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and not the first time or the last time it happens. A.B./ 6th rd, Thielen and Welker UD, Kupp and Lockett 3rd rd. The list goes on and on. Everybody gets so enamoured with the top prospects and granted, some of them are great but a kid like this where everything looks just okay and nothing jumps out always pops up if they are solid route runners with good hands. Maybe he ends up falling off or maybe he has a long and solid career. But he has been impressive so far.
Shows the Rams have good scouting. And they need that after having traded for Stafford, Ramsey (no longer with them) etc.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puka Nacau, " Who the hell is Devonta Smith?"
Say What Oh Hell No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is all the way down to 25th in yards.......so embarrassing.
I thought this thread was worth resurrecting, just because.

And FTR, Smith is currently 28th in total yards received and tied for 38th in avg yards. The good news for him tho it's still only his 3rd year, so he has 12 more games to establish himself as the best WR in the league. Honest.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And FTR, Smith is currently 28th in total yards received and tied for 38th in avg yards. The good news for him tho it's still only his 3rd year, so he has 12 more games to establish himself as the best WR in the league. Honest.
Top 3.

He'll have to do more in the rest of the season than he's done in the last 3 weeks.

AJ Brown making his case for top 3. AJ hates this thread. Eagles will have one no matter what.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This last week he got shut down. Outside of that he has made a solid case for top 10-15. While still short of thread title, anyone would take that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3.

He'll have to do more in the rest of the season than he's done in the last 3 weeks.

AJ Brown making his case for top 3. AJ hates this thread. Eagles will have one no matter what.
Don't think there's many fans out there who question the possibility of AJ being a top 3. The man can play with the best.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s just not the same with RTK gone. I guess we can all admit now that we think Smith is a pretty good WR :noidea: