• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If there could only be one.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys could only sign one, who would you want, Dez or Murray. I say Dez and here is why. The Online is becoming a beast and I believe the Cowboys could find a running back in the draft that could run behind it. Dez is a game changing receiver, he draws constant double teams and when he doesn't he makes you pay. He is almost impossible to bring down in the open field and he rarely fumbles unlike Murray. Also Dez has been doing it longer than Murray, This has been the first season that Murray hasn't missed time due to injury (knock on wood). So what do you guys think?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Dez as well. Murray is awesome, but if you combine his injury history with the fact that RB's have a shorter shelf life, I think it's an easy call. It was reported the other day that the Cowboys would like to resign them both, but neither guy is going anywhere next year anyway, as the Cowboys will franchise Dez and transition Murray. That is one of the positives to the Romo deal, they can restructure him by paying up front signing bonus to clear a lot the cap space they need

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Dez as well. Murray is awesome, but if you combine his injury history with the fact that RB's have a shorter shelf life, I think it's an easy call. It was reported the other day that the Cowboys would like to resign them both, but neither guy is going anywhere next year anyway, as the Cowboys will franchise Dez and transition Murray. That is one of the positives to the Romo deal, they can restructure him by paying up front signing bonus to clear a lot the cap space they need

I'm not sure franchising Dez is the right move, he has already said he would be highly upset if that happened. Dez has grown up some, but this could create a distraction we don't need. If they want to franchise one of them, then franchise Murray and get Dez signed long term. That's my Opinion anyway.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys could only sign one, who would you want, Dez or Murray. I say Dez and here is why. The Online is becoming a beast and I believe the Cowboys could find a running back in the draft that could run behind it. Dez is a game changing receiver, he draws constant double teams and when he doesn't he makes you pay. He is almost impossible to bring down in the open field and he rarely fumbles unlike Murray. Also Dez has been doing it longer than Murray, This has been the first season that Murray hasn't missed time due to injury (knock on wood). So what do you guys think?

:nono:

I think the Cowboys should sign Murray & Dez should go to Cleveland. Bryant & Gordon would make one helluva receiving combo!:whistle:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

I think the Cowboys should sign Murray & Dez should go to Cleveland. Bryant & Gordon would make one helluva receiving combo!:whistle:

Keep dreaming lol, Dez isn't going anywhere. Look at the bright side though, Cleveland does look to have a bright future.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep dreaming lol, Dez isn't going anywhere. Look at the bright side though, Cleveland does look to have a bright future.

I hope the Browns are finally heading in the right direction. Still shocked they are 6-4 right now. Hope they can finish the season strong but I also wouldn't be surprised if they fall flat on their faces. And I was just kidding about Dez in Cleveland, that simply ain't happening.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Browns are finally heading in the right direction. Still shocked they are 6-4 right now. Hope they can finish the season strong but I also wouldn't be surprised if they fall flat on their faces. And I was just kidding about Dez in Cleveland, that simply ain't happening.

The Browns are in fantastic shape moving forward. They already have the Bills #1 in the upcoming draft from the Sammy Watkins trade. If they keep Hoyer, can there be any doubt they could get the Cowboys #1 from Jerry for Johnny Football? Jerry talked openly about how bad he wanted to pick him last year. Couple that with Romo's latest back injury, and the fact that the Cowboys will be picking in the 20's, and it's a distinct possibility. If they decide to let go of Hoyer(the Rams would pounce)I'm sure they could work it to where they got similar compensation. Either way, they get back Josh Gordon for a full season and have two, and maybe three #1's. Pretty bright future

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez easily... it's not debatable.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I take Dez for the reasons you said plus, I think Adrian Peterson coould be had for cheap on a short term contract (2 years). He wants to be in Dallas and he'd be a nice rebound back until we can draft a younger more long term replacement.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Dez for the reasons you said plus, I think Adrian Peterson coould be had for cheap on a short term contract (2 years). He wants to be in Dallas and he'd be a nice rebound back until we can draft a younger more long term replacement.

I liked the suggestion I heard this afternoon of 3 years at $7M per... Gives us time to absorb some more of Romo's contract while cleaning up the cap issues and continue to draft wisely.

But - if Murray were willing to take that same amount $7M) over 4 or 5 years... would you do that? Depending on how he finishes out this season and what he brings in the playoffs... along with being a few years younger...

That's a tough one for me.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the suggestion I heard this afternoon of 3 years at $7M per... Gives us time to absorb some more of Romo's contract while cleaning up the cap issues and continue to draft wisely.

But - if Murray were willing to take that same amount $7M) over 4 or 5 years... would you do that? Depending on how he finishes out this season and what he brings in the playoffs... along with being a few years younger...

That's a tough one for me.

I like that except for the 4-5 years. I'd go 3 with a RB. They take such abuse and especially like guys who run like Murray does. [see Marion Barber].

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez by a country mile. A good RB is much easier to find than a WR with Dez's skills. I love Murray but he is much more easily replaceable than Dez. If Murray was to walk I can think of several RB's that could fill the hole left, AP, Lynch......

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that except for the 4-5 years. I'd go 3 with a RB. They take such abuse and especially like guys who run like Murray does. [see Marion Barber].

Well if you sign AP for 2 years, it would be about the same as Murray for 4 being he is two years younger. The one thing I like about AP is, he is faster than Murray and more durable.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez for sure, and Im a huge Murray fan. I dont think Lynch would work.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez for sure, and Im a huge Murray fan. I dont think Lynch would work.

If you're meaning attitude wise or money wise, then I agree. Lynch is a beast though, and could you imagine him behind that line?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP??? The main concern right now about Murray is the $'s it would cost us to lock him up now that he has had one Pro Bowl type season under his belt and we are going to up it to AP??? Plus, is AP even a FA?