• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Pats lose this weekend will you declare their dynasty over?

If the pats lose this weekend will you declare their dynasty over?

• Yes... it’s over

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No... they still finished 13-3 and made the playoffs

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna go out on a limb & say yes.
Even if they win this weekend. Dynasty is over as far as living in the AFC Championship games with Brady.
I will step even further out on that limb & say Brady never sees another Superbowl as a starting QB.

They are a complete football team so I am not gonna say they suddenly magically suck. They will still be decent. But when I think Dynasties, I think dominance & that is over. (vs. AFC, not division)

While everyone tip toes & one side or the other.

This is flat out my guess.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be over...if they stop going to Super Bowls. But we won't know until we see that. They aren't going this year, obviously. I do think Brady is toast. Can Hoodie Jesus get them to another with a different QB? We'll see.

I would never count the Patriots out. They haven't looked exactly great since week 11. Brady has been dealing with an elbow and Edelman has shoulder, hip and knee issues. They finished 12-4 and didn't look very good against the Dolphins. Then again. how many people expected them to be in the Super Bowl in 2001? 2014?

The Patriots' defense is better than good and they had their worst game of the year last week. I don't think that they have the offensive horses to be in the Super Bowl but the defense just might pull off enough to get them to play a repeat against the Ravens in Baltimore in the AFCCG. I wonder if the Ravens might not get upset by the Bills or Texans next week after having their starters off for three weeks.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say it's over until Tom Brady retires, which could very well be this year. If they had even passable receivers and a TE we would not be having this discussion, even with Brady's poor play (by his standards).

It has been an amazing run, obviously, but once Brady leaves they will still be playoff regulars but the dynasty is over.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say it's over until Tom Brady retires, which could very well be this year. If they had even passable receivers and a TE we would not be having this discussion, even with Brady's poor play (by his standards).

It has been an amazing run, obviously, but once Brady leaves they will still be playoff regulars but the dynasty is over.

And a fullback. Pats rely on it heavily, especially without solid blocking TE's. The uptick in the running game has come from when they put Elandon Roberts LB in at FB.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t believe it’s over until BB, Brady and Kraft have all been dead and buried for at least 3 years.
Kraft might be going away for 5 years so that will be the beginning of the end.

Seriously the day Brady and Belichick retire is when it ends.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Brady's general play this year is the bigger sign that the dynasty is ending.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a Cowboy fan like you care?

rHo4N6G.gif

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess it would technically be tough to answer until you know what would happen in the next year. If they go out this weekend and win the Super Bowl next year, its obviously not over.

However everything seems to be trending towards the end, more then the previous years anyway. I still wont count them out in January till it actually happens tho

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's probably over if they lose, but I don't see that happening. They got this thing right where they want it. Lose to the good teams in the regular season, then get the team all fired up for revenge in the playoffs.

The plan will work perfectly up until the super bowl, which they will be matched up against the Eagles who will be after revenge themselves for a loss earlier in the season. I'm not sure where this one is being played but suffice it to say it will be a fired up "home" crowd for the Eagles.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote and discuss...

We all know the saying about fathertime so I'm not going to feed that to you here, but from a realistic standpoint, NE's SB window is year to year hinging on Brady playing or not and even that's closing fast.

Because it's a DIV driven league and NE would be the 2020 favorite to win the east right now, you have to say they're still in the mix in 2020. Clearly to better stack up to the teams at the top of the AFC, they need more horses on OFC....thru 16 games, they will probably be in that 11-12 win range again next year.