• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF the Lakers got Melo...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still wouldn't be a playoff team IMO. Even if they re-signed Pau. That defense would be atrocious and I don't think Kobe and Melo would co-exist as well as some of you think. 10th seed in the West... do Laker fans WANT this to happen? Serious question.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this an attempt at trolling or are you serious?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they almost get the 8th without Kobe, Nash, and other players. And then you add Melo...yah

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still wouldn't be a playoff team IMO. Even if they re-signed Pau. That defense would be atrocious and I don't think Kobe and Melo would co-exist as well as some of you think. 10th seed in the West... do Laker fans WANT this to happen? Serious question.

You're full of shit

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau's a 7-footer, he's a presence in the paint. I'd like to see how Kobe recovers from the achilles at 36 years old. But as much as I've stuck up for Wade as a premier defender; he hasn't made the first team as much as he should because of one person - Kobe. Melo needs to try harder on defense, half of playing defense is effort. It all depends on how they fill out the roster and who they get as a coach. But a roster consisting of Kobe, Melo and Gasol as a core is not bad. I still don't think it would be better than the Spurs, and probably not better than the Thunder. But I can't think of another team outside of that.....which all depends on Kobe.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau's a 7-footer, he's a presence in the paint. I'd like to see how Kobe recovers from the achilles at 36 years old. But as much as I've stuck up for Wade as a premier defender; he hasn't made the first team as much as he should because of one person - Kobe. Melo needs to try harder on defense, half of playing defense is effort. It all depends on how they fill out the roster and who they get as a coach. But a roster consisting of Kobe, Melo and Gasol as a core is not bad. I still don't think it would be better than the Spurs, and probably not better than the Thunder. But I can't think of another team outside of that.....which all depends on Kobe.

Dallas and Portland are still legit, but I would bump LA above them.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is assuming Kobe doesn't return to his typical Kobe-like self. If he's back at full strength I could see them as a 7-8 seed. But an aging Kobe, Melo, Pau, Marshall and Randle...? NONE of those guys are good defenders. They'd give up 105+ PPG easily.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 25 games. Wtf are you talking about?

So you add Kobe and Melo two of best scorers and Randle and post presence. Plus they can get some other pieces

Btw...Phoenix had an awful defense with Nash and Stoudemire and they made the playoffs :laugh3:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's hilarious how you guys try to bunch up on me and say I'm trolling.

Melo is not a winner. He's never been one, and never will be if he goes to LA or NY... if he goes to either of those teams then he clearly doesn't care about winning. He's about money, numbers and self-marketing. A team with Melo as their go-to guy will NEVER win a championship. Ever. That's a fact and if you believe that he could lead a team then you're delusional and know nothing about basketball. Fucking tards.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's hilarious how you guys try to bunch up on me and say I'm trolling.

Melo is not a winner. He's never been one, and never will be if he goes to LA or NY... if he goes to either of those teams then he clearly doesn't care about winning. He's about money, numbers and self-marketing. A team with Melo as their go-to guy will NEVER win a championship. Ever. That's a fact and if you believe that he could lead a team then you're delusional and know nothing about basketball. Fucking tards.

We are talking about the playoffs...playoffs. Not a championship :laugh3:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you add Kobe and Melo two of best scorers and Randle and post presence. Plus they can get some other pieces

Btw...Phoenix had an awful defense with Nash and Stoudemire and they made the playoffs :laugh3:

They had a relatively young roster and also had guys like Marion, Diaw and shooters to spread the floor. LA would be missing a lot of pieces and with Kobe and Pau declining I dont see them as a sure thing in the playoffs in the STACKED western conference. In the east they'd probably make it no doubt, but I just can't get an idea of how good they'll be until Kobe returns and shows how much he has left in the tank.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about the playoffs...playoffs. Not a championship :laugh3:

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors, Blazers, Grizzlies, Suns, Mavs, Wolves, Lakers, etc.

It's not going to be easy to make it in the West next year. At all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves. No. But I just couldn't see them missing the playoffs with those. But it definitely isn't anything close to a championship team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves. No. But I just couldn't see them missing the playoffs with those. But it definitely isn't anything close to a championship team.

If they keep Love they'll still be somewhat completive. Also, the Pelicans with Davis, Asik, Holliday, Anderson, Gordon, Evans, etc.... they've got some talent too. I just think with how tough it is out West they'd just miss out on one of those last spots.

They'd be relying on too many declining/unproven players with a first year coach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers win 50 games at least with that roster. Remember D'Antoni is no longer the coach

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Melo needs to pick Houston or Chicago. It would be his best options. LA wouldn't be good for him and Miami is just a dream scenario.

He needs to forget about the money and think about winning for once