• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF the Broncos make the SB, and it is a BIG IF......

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have lived in Denver most of my life. I don't remember anyone ever being seriously concerned that the Broncos would ever move. There would have been riots in the streets.

I think most people realized a new stadium was needed. It passed by a large margin if I remember correctly, and Bowlen put in over 90 million of his own money and the sales tax, (which expired last year) covered 365 million and Invesco paid over 200 million for the naming rights.

All the speculation on moving the team or was all smoke and smoke and mirrors by the lawyers.

I really do not remember anyone thinking that the Broncos were going anywhere.

Also, I remember my Dad saying that the opposition to the stadium tax was politics as usual. Just another topic to rile up anti-tax supporters for the next election cycle.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people realized a new stadium was needed. It passed by a large margin if I remember correctly,

According to one of the articles I linked, it was 57% to 43%.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when there is a snow out condition? There is a distinct possibility that may be the case.

Just looking way ahead, but it just pisses me off what kind schmuck this commissioner is.

Yes, I understand he is awarding SBs to the owners that had to pay for their own stadiums with out tax subsidies. I get that they need to get theirs and the commissioner is their little puppet, but it just ticks me off anyway.

For those of us smart enough to understand how colossally ignorant putting a Superbowl outside in a cold weather city was, there would be no better scenario than a storm so bad that the game had to be postponed. I have wished that on the league since this game was announced. It would serve them right.