• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Broncos lose Brock Osweiler, will they trade for Colin Kaepernick?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I can't see Kap or RGIII or any of the QBs mentioned being a good match in Denver. It would completely change offensive strategy, doesn't make sense.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I can't see Kap or RGIII or any of the QBs mentioned being a good match in Denver. It would completely change offensive strategy, doesn't make sense.

Kaep MAYBE... I think he's got a chance.

RGIII I am a lot less ok with, but would love to see him prove me wrong (fun to watch as a rookie). Fitzpatrick? Schaub? Sanchez? Tarvaris? Matt Moore?

It's a very ugly group out there. Even with any one of those guys, I think Denver just assigned one of their top picks in the draft to a QB.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep MAYBE... I think he's got a chance.

RGIII I am a lot less ok with, but would love to see him prove me wrong (fun to watch as a rookie). Fitzpatrick? Schaub? Sanchez? Tarvaris? Matt Moore?

It's a very ugly group out there. Even with any one of those guys, I think Denver just assigned one of their top picks in the draft to a QB.
It is strange, are they planning to make up for a leaky O-line with a QB that can scramble around? That never works.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is strange, are they planning to make up for a leaky O-line with a QB that can scramble around? That never works.

Depends on what you mean by leaky. Barring the same unfortunate luck they faced this year the O-Line will automatically be better because they won't be using their 3rd string LT, lucky he's not on the practice squad RT, and 2 other players who've never played a single NFL snap before.

Denver's O-Line was only mediocre because of so many freak injuries and while that could happen again it's not likely. Plus those 2 newbies now have a full season under their belt so they'll be better. I'm not saying they will go back to being one of the best in the league but they'll definitely be better than sub-par.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you mean by leaky. Barring the same unfortunate luck they faced this year the O-Line will automatically be better because they won't be using their 3rd string LT, lucky he's not on the practice squad RT, and 2 other players who've never played a single NFL snap before.

Denver's O-Line was only mediocre because of so many freak injuries and while that could happen again it's not likely. Plus those 2 newbies now have a full season under their belt so they'll be better. I'm not saying they will go back to being one of the best in the league but they'll definitely be better than sub-par.
Thanks for the input, that makes it more interesting. Who do you think will be under center for your Broncos next season, it seems like a huge ? at this point. I'm sure most thought they were grooming Brock to take the reigns.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input, that makes it more interesting. Who do you think will be under center for your Broncos next season, it seems like a huge ? at this point. I'm sure most thought they were grooming Brock to take the reigns.

I think it will either be Kaep, RG3, or someone like Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch. Losing Brock sucks if only because they spend 4 years developing a player only for that player to leave, but with what Elway's done as GM since he took over he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will either be Kaep, RG3, or someone like Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch. Losing Brock sucks if only because they spend 4 years developing a player only for that player to leave, but with what Elway's done as GM since he took over he's earned the benefit of the doubt.
Yep, that is what I was referring to, developing a QB who also had the privilege of being mentored by Peyton; seems like an unexpected loss. But in this league, most of the time, money talks, BS walks.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leaky is Sambrailo pre-injury.

Vazquez, Mathis, and Harris are all free agents now, Clady has now missed 2 of the past 3 years and will either have to take a pay cut or be cut according to every report out of Denver.

So the hope is either guys who have no real experience (Sambraillo who did NOT look good before his injury and everyone says is not a left tackle, and Garcia who did not beat out Paradis for the C job), Clady with a lisfranc and torn ACL in the past 3 years IF he takes a pay cut, and now Donald Stephenson ( a below average rotational spot starter last year that really struggled in pass protection with a PED strike against him already who got benched about halfway through last season when the Chiefs line was playing poorly, and lost his job to Jah Reid, who's a guard through and through). And whatever other guys they can gather in FA and the draft.

The #1 reason I can't say the Bronco line will be good yet?

Fill in the positions...

LT (won't be Clady unless he reduces his contract which he has not done yet)
LG
C
RG
RT

I am not being homer about this, but realistic. Sambraillo, Stephenson, Paradis, Garcia and Cameron Jefferson don't really impress me. Until I see new names or them actually proving they can play, this looks like a step back from last year.

Last edited:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As much as I think Kaepernick sucks, he's still easily a better option than Robert Griffin the turd. He's all of Kapernick's bad aspects, but he's 10 times more fragile, which is why he's not the running threat Kaepernick is any more.

Denver's defense is good enough that they could actually win a SB with Kaeperdouche. Manning was one of the worst QBs in the league by the time the SB happened, and they still won. I'd actually like this option if I were Denver (although I still think he'll find a way to blow it; maybe he'll bang a teammate's GF again or something).

If I were Denver, however, I'd try to trade for Zach Mettenberger.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a guy who'd be one heck of a risk. 0-10 now as a starter, really finishes games poorly, and an awful decision-maker on 3rd down so far who really regressed in year 2 and was benched for Alex Tanney last season. Led his team to 7, 6, 16, 6, and 14 (before he was benched for a pick 6) points last year. Worst offense by a QB in the league. Worst QB rating of anyone with at least 150 passes last year and 2nd worst INT rate. Worst QBR, 2nd worst YPA to Mallett.

Why should they trade for the worst QB in the league last season? I mean sure, go for it, he costs nothing in salary, but what do you give for an underperforming 6th round pick? I guess Denver does own the Mr Irrelevant pick...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There's a guy who'd be one heck of a risk. 0-10 now as a starter, really finishes games poorly, and an awful decision-maker on 3rd down so far who really regressed in year 2 and was benched for Alex Tanney last season. Led his team to 7, 6, 16, 6, and 14 (before he was benched for a pick 6) points last year. Worst offense by a QB in the league. Worst QB rating of anyone with at least 150 passes last year and 2nd worst INT rate. Worst QBR, 2nd worst YPA to Mallett.

Now you see how little I think of Kaepernick. At least Zach would be cheap.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you see how little I think of Kaepernick. At least Zach would be cheap.

lol... Well the bottom of the barrel is here now for QB's. Giving up stuff for Kaep, the guy who was benched for Gabbert is looking like one of their best options.

Seriously the options...

Kaep
RGIII
Fitzpatrick
Moore
Gradkowski
Tarvaris
Vick...

Late 1st round rookie (hurts as they have other needs I think they'd rather need to use that on, but I'd do this no matter what if a guy is there they like) But there you are looking at what? Pescott? Hackenberg? Cardale or Cook? Kinda 2nd tier rookies.

I don't like Fitzpatrick, I think he's really limited in what he can do, especially in that system, turning 34, and had a career outlier season last year that I don't think he will repeat. There's a reason he's on his 4th team in 4 years, but honestly, if I was Denver, that might be my top option with Kaep #2. And a bidding war with NY who is desperate to keep a QB on that team might happen for him. What happens if his price gets up over 8 million a year on a multi year deal?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe McCarron but what is the Bengals desire to get rid of him?

They have a good backup for Dalton who is costing them nothing in salary ($700k a year) for the next two years. Would they be able to upgrade him with a late 2nd? Or willing to go with a Gradkowski type who costs more and use that pick elsewhere?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can broncs get their man?:suds:
NFL Network's Mike Silver expects the Broncos to pursue Colin Kaepernick.

It's not out of left field, as Silver's colleague Ian Rapoport reported earlier Wednesday that Kap appeared to be the Broncos' "backup plan." With Brock Osweiler gone to the Texans, the Broncos are officially in backup plan mode. Kap would be the caretaker of a run-heavy offense in the Rockies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to think there are discussions to send Mettenberger somewhere, if not Denver. The Titans just signed Matt Cassel, so there's your veteran backup behind Mariota, making Mettenberger expendable.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaky is Sambrailo pre-injury.

Vazquez, Mathis, and Harris are all free agents now, Clady has now missed 2 of the past 3 years and will either have to take a pay cut or be cut according to every report out of Denver.

So the hope is either guys who have no real experience (Sambraillo who did NOT look good before his injury and everyone says is not a left tackle, and Garcia who did not beat out Paradis for the C job), Clady with a lisfranc and torn ACL in the past 3 years IF he takes a pay cut, and now Donald Stephenson ( a below average rotational spot starter last year that really struggled in pass protection with a PED strike against him already who got benched about halfway through last season when the Chiefs line was playing poorly, and lost his job to Jah Reid, who's a guard through and through). And whatever other guys they can gather in FA and the draft.

The #1 reason I can't say the Bronco line will be good yet?

Fill in the positions...

LT (won't be Clady unless he reduces his contract which he has not done yet)
LG
C
RG
RT

I am not being homer about this, but realistic. Sambraillo, Stephenson, Paradis, Garcia and Cameron Jefferson don't really impress me. Until I see new names or them actually proving they can play, this looks like a step back from last year.

LT - Clady/Sambrallo
LG - Garcia
C - Paradis
RG - Draft Pick
RT - Sambraillo/Stephenson

It's not great but the fact there's no Schofield, no Ryan Harris who was basically best of the worst, no Vasquez who struggled a lot last year, and no Mathis who was incredibly inconsistent makes me think they will be better than last year.

Paradis and Garcia now have a full year of starting compared to 0 experience before, Clady is good when healthy and Sambraillo looked good at times for a rookie before he got hurt. They're not gonna be amazing next year but unless a ton of injuries hit they'll be better.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3