• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Bengals start 0-2

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Bengals were to lose on Monday Night our Season would all but officially be over. Not only would the team be 0-2 and have only a 12% chance of making the playoffs but the Year would be a replay of the 2010 Season when the Bengals had high hopes after signing Terrell Owens yet fell on its face after a slow start. I know its early and I hate to label the 2nd game of the Season as a make-or-break game but History proves this week is indeed that type of game. I'll be rooting for the Bengals but if we lose our Season would be effectively over.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bengals were to lose on Monday Night our Season would all but officially be over. Not only would the team be 0-2 and have only a 12% chance of making the playoffs but the Year would be a replay of the 2010 Season when the Bengals had high hopes after signing Terrell Owens yet fell on its face after a slow start. I know its early and I hate to label the 2nd game of the Season as a make-or-break game but History proves this week is indeed that type of game. I'll be rooting for the Bengals but if we lose our Season would be effectively over.

Didn't we go 3-5 to start our season last year, and then won 7 of our last 8 games to make the playoffs, and that one loss was on a very late FG by the Cowboys who had to drive the field to get into FG range before time expired?

I don't think it is over by any means, but it does certainly put us behind the 8-ball.

Besides, it is about winning our division, and you may be able to go 8-8 and win this division this year. I don't think anyone is looking real good. Of the 4 AFC North games I watched, the Bengalsd looked like the best team of the 4, but they had too many mental mistakes and TO's. If they can cure that, they are a pretty decent team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just wants a reason to start talking about draft, prospects, potentials, and upside players with high motors, or whatever the hell...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just wants a reason to start talking about draft, prospects, potentials, and upside players with high motors, or whatever the hell...

Cool...well here is one draft target name for him then....

WR Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt

Would be the perfect compliment to Green, puts Sanu in the slot and gives us one of the most deadly offesnes in the league.

Dalton
Bernard
Green
Matthews
Sanu
Gresham
Eifert

DEADLY!

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We could start 0-4 and still win our division. It's that bad.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could start 0-4 and still win our division. It's that bad.

That much may be true. :) Good observation. No one looked good this last week from what I can see out of the 4 North games I watched. Cincy looked the best talent wise, but made way too many mental mistakes and TO's. They can at least clean t hat up, hard to rework the talent on a team in a couple weeks.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose monday I would say the season is pretty much gone. I had predicted 8-8 for the year, but would assume that if we lose, it's going to be the fault of the offense and/or coaching staff, because the Steelers O looked as bad as I've ever seen an NFL offense look. If we can't get it done against a crap team at home on a Monday night, I don't have high hopes for the rest of the season.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose monday I would say the season is pretty much gone. I had predicted 8-8 for the year, but would assume that if we lose, it's going to be the fault of the offense and/or coaching staff, because the Steelers O looked as bad as I've ever seen an NFL offense look. If we can't get it done against a crap team at home on a Monday night, I don't have high hopes for the rest of the season.

:L:noidea::L:noidea::L:noidea:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't make sense to you? If we can't beat a crap team at home, in primetime, I don't think the rest of the season looks too good. 8-8 won't win our division if we're dropping divisional games we should win.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't make sense to you? If we can't beat a crap team at home, in primetime, I don't think the rest of the season looks too good. 8-8 won't win our division if we're dropping divisional games we should win.

I understand what you are saying.

But...

0-2 does not = end of the world.

I don't get all the drama. I think most people predicted at least a split with the steelers. So, if they lose this one and win the road game (like last year, I believe) then what difference does it make? 0-2 or 1-1, end the end, if they split, the record won't change.

I hope people don't break something jumping from the wagon. Egads.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be a bit surprised if we lose Monday, hell, it's a normal thing to lose at home to the Steelers. Actually I'll probably become excited if we win. Breaking long time negative trends is a sign the team is improving, and how many times has Marvin been able to pull off a home win vs the Steelers in his ten years here? Once? Twice maybe? And that includes a playoff loss at home.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But...

I don't get all the drama. I think most people predicted at least a split with the steelers. So, if they lose this one and win the road game (like last year, I believe) then what difference does it make? 0-2 or 1-1, end the end, if they split, the record won't change.

I'm not looking at this as much as being able to split with the Steelers (which I had hoped for this season as well), as winning a winable game. If we're trying to take the next step, we need to be able to put away inferior teams, which the Steelers most definitely are at this point.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking at this as much as being able to split with the Steelers (which I had hoped for this season as well), as winning a winable game. If we're trying to take the next step, we need to be able to put away inferior teams, which the Steelers most definitely are at this point.

I absolutely agree with that.

This team has to win winable games, especially at home. There's no denying that.

But, even if they do lose, the talent is still there. It's an uphill battle, no doubt, but not the end of the season, by no means.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

But...

When this article was written teams had a 13.75% chance of making the playoffs those odds have dropped down to 12%. Its damn near impossible to make the playoffs once you start the season 0 for 2.

NFL: History says 0-2 teams are long shots to make playoffs - ESPN

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals will win tomorrow they are way better then the Steelers. They wont start the season 0-2.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they lose, the season isn't over.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
blow out win for bengs

is it too early to start tanking and draft Johnnie F.?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Baltimore beats Cleveland, they are only 1 game ahead of us.

not over at that point.