• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF RTK was a Falcons fan

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he bounced back some last year, but Kyle Pitts seems like one of the most overrated offensive players in recent memory to me.
Yep!
Never Draft a TE in the 1st rd.
& if you do, especially never do it in the 1st half of the 1st round!!!
Your disappointment percent is probably in the 90+ range!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what Pitts does with Cousins for sure. The Falcons have some serious talent at the skill positions.

But yes, I think considering he was a top 5 pick, fourth overall, it’s fair to question whether Pitts has worked out so far and whether he was the best selection.

I’d just point to this: guys taken immediately after that in that 2021 draft were Jamarr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Penei Sewell, Jaycee Horn, Patrick Surtain II, Devonta Smith, Justin Fields and Micah Parsons. You could make a case that they’re all better than Kyle Pitts.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what Pitts does with Cousins for sure. The Falcons have some serious talent at the skill positions.

But yes, I think considering he was a top 5 pick, fourth overall, it’s fair to question whether Pitts has worked out so far and whether he was the best selection.

I’d just point to this: guys taken immediately after that in that 2021 draft were Jamarr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Penei Sewell, Jaycee Horn, Patrick Surtain II, Devonta Smith, Justin Fields and Micah Parsons. You could make a case that they’re all better than Kyle Pitts.
You can make a case for all except for Justin Fields - Fields is a complete bust, I don’t see how you can argue he’s better than Pitts when he’ll be on the sidelines this year and will never be a franchise QB, he’s just a backup QB/glorified RB. He’s certainly not better than Pitts and thank heavens he didn’t wind up with my Falcons the way some dumbass Falcons fans wanted.

The Falcons should’ve drafted Chase - he’s always been a better player than Pitts. At the time I thought they might go with Surtain since they needed some secondary help then, and he would’ve been a good pick as well, he’s been strong with the Broncos.

But I think Pitts gets unfairly crapped on at times - the Falcons have had horrendous QB play the last 2 years, no receiver could’ve put up great numbers with Mariota, Ridder and Heinicke as their QBs. Pitts had a 1000 yard season in his rookie year, and injuries limited him in 2022. I think Pitts will have a strong season if he stays healthy - him and London will be a good receiving pair for the Falcons this year IMO.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I meant to say, other than Fields, you could make a case all were better. Pitts at 4 in 2021 was the highest a TE had ever been selected in NFL history, and thus the expectations were high. I do think it's fair to question whether he might have done better elsewhere with a real QB. But teams picking in the top 5 rarely have real QBs and you have to think about what the best impact player is you can get when you are drafting that high.