• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"shut Jordan down", he says.

yes, it's a lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm kind of bored, too, Bart.

I'm unsober right now & enjoying a great day. This is just something to laugh at. But yeah that MJ couldn't play in todays game.:crazy: If this isn't a troll thread it just got even funnier.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A midget like Dumars gave him trouble, imagine what full sized shooting guard could do or someone like Durant at 7 feet...Jordan wouldn't get a shot off.

You're a ding-bat. Stop trolling. Dumars was 6-3.

Steph is 6-3.
Damian Lillard is 6-3
CJ McCollum is 6-3
Kyle Lowry is 6-1
Kyrie Irving is 6-3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did he never will a ring without it?

As a Lakers fan you should know Shaq didn't get a ring without the Triangle either.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a ding-bat. Stop trolling. Dumars was 6-3.

Steph is 6-3.
Damian Lillard is 6-3
CJ McCollum is 6-3
Kyle Lowry is 6-1
Kyrie Irving is 6-3

ROFL...those guys wouldn't be guarding Jordan. I was talking about defenders.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL...those guys wouldn't be guarding Jordan. I was talking about defenders.

So other guards wouldn't be guarding MJ (who was a SG)? Interesting. How often do you think a player like KD would be "defending" MJ- 10% of the time, 50%, 75%? You're making it sound like a KD would be guarding him for the vast majority of the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no. The best perimeter players aside from Lebron are very good to great 3 point shooters. Jordan never excelled at 3 point shooting and doesn't have the play making abilities of a Lebron, so I think he would generally fall short of the best but in the conversation occasionally.

The problem with your premise is that you assume that MJ wouldn't adjust to how the game is currently played.

In his day, 3 point shooting wasn't nearly as prevalent as it is today. I think it's pretty safe to say that if it were, he'd have worked on it and would have used it more.

So yeah, he'd probably still be the best.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got one without the triangle too, though.

:pound:

That was Wade's team. Gotta give you credit though. Funny topics to pass some time today.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with your premise is that you assume that MJ wouldn't adjust to how the game is currently played.

In his day, 3 point shooting wasn't nearly as prevalent as it is today. I think it's pretty safe to say that if it were, he'd have worked on it and would have used it more.

HOLY CRAP!

Just looked this up. MJ's career 3 point shooting %- 32.7. Kobe's- 32.9. But yeah His Airness wouldn't dominate in todays NBA.

Hey, pass me the bong!

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So other guards wouldn't be guarding MJ (who was a SG)? Interesting. How often do you think a player like KD would be "defending" MJ- 10% of the time, 50%, 75%? You're making it sound like a KD would be guarding him for the vast majority of the game.

Do you not watch NBA? You don't have your best players guard the other teams best player unless it's Kawhi or PG and even they won't do it the whole game. Point is, Jordan would have full sized guards to contend with not undersized midgets.

As for Durant, he wouldn't be guarding him much but if he did Jordan wouldn't get off a shot.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like DeMar DeRozan adjusted his game? ROFL...Jordan is nothing more than a slightly better version of Demar... And you don't think Jordan didn't try working on that part of his game during his career? I bet he worked on his 3 point shot tirelessly considering he was always driving to be the best at every facet. He knew he wasn't very good at it so he didn't shot as often. LOL..Face it, my DeMar Derozan comparison is pretty damn close.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not watch NBA? You don't have your best players guard the other teams best player unless it's Kawhi or PG and even they won't do it the whole game. Point is, Jordan would have full sized guards to contend with not undersized midgets.

As for Durant, he wouldn't be guarding him much but if he did Jordan wouldn't get off a shot.

What's with this undersized midgets nonsense? You mentioned Dumars, who's 6-3. I already listed several all star caliber guards that play right now that are 6-3 & you said none of them would be guarding MJ. Then who exactly would be guarding MJ for the majority of a game if it's not another guard? Like I said, this is a good laugh.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

That was Wade's team. Gotta give you credit though. Funny topics to pass some time today.

Wade got the glory but that championship squad was just as much Shaq's.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like DeMar DeRozan adjusted his game? ROFL...Jordan is nothing more than a slightly better version of Demar... And you don't think Jordan didn't try working on that part of his game during his career? I bet he worked on his 3 point shot tirelessly considering he was always driving to be the best at every facet. He knew he wasn't very good at it so he didn't shot as often. LOL..Face it, my DeMar Derozan comparison is pretty damn close.

tenor (1).gif

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY CRAP!

Just looked this up. MJ's career 3 point shooting %- 32.7. Kobe's- 32.9. But yeah His Airness wouldn't dominate in todays NBA.

Hey, pass me the bong!

LOL...Kobe wasn't a great 3 point shooter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like DeMar DeRozan adjusted his game? ROFL...Jordan is nothing more than a slightly better version of Demar...

This is the funniest post these boards have ever seen.

Most pathetic thing is this isn't a troll attempt; you actually believe it.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with this undersized midgets nonsense? You mentioned Dumars, who's 6-3. I already listed several all star caliber guards that play right now that are 6-3 & you said none of them would be guarding MJ. Then who exactly would be guarding MJ for the majority of a game if it's not another guard? Like I said, this is a good laugh.

Danny Green, Morris Brothers, Kawhi, PG, Brogdan, Rodney Hood, Jimmy Butler, Iggy, Klay, PJ Tucker, Ariza, Crowder, etc.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the funniest post these boards have ever seen.

Most pathetic thing is this isn't a troll attempt; you actually believe it.

Not too far off actually. I did say a better version of DeMar but their games are similar in that they both aren't volume 3 point shooters and rely more on midrange game to do damage. It sounds funny because Jordan looks better than he was due to a playing in the most watered down time of the league while he had a super team. If you really think about it, he's Demar with better hops.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green, Morris Brothers, Kawhi, PG, Brogdan, Rodney Hood, Jimmy Butler, Iggy, Klay, PJ Tucker, Ariza, Crowder, etc.

You forgot to mention Oladipo, Thanos, Westbrook, Bucky Barnes & Tristan Thompson.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention Oladipo, Thanos, Westbrook, Bucky Barnes & Tristan Thompson.

Those were obvious ones, didn't think I had to list them...lol