• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If posters on here were the Phillies GM

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would turn this franchise around the fastest?

Fastest- Me
Slowest- Jvett (oh what the hell do I know- maybe player-months lost would catch on and they could make a movie called Jvettball with Clooney as jvett and Seth Rogen as his lovable, fat assistant).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOL!! That is funny Number One. Sorry jvett but that is funny right there!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would turn this franchise around the fastest?

Fastest- Me
Slowest- Jvett (oh what the hell do I know- maybe player-months lost would catch on and they could make a movie called Jvettball with Clooney as jvett and Seth Rogen as his lovable, fat assistant).

If Jvettball means waiting for Brown and Asche to ignite the core lineup which has not been too shabby, then I'll go with that rather than trade for a bunch of bozo prospects in desperate moves like we've done in the past. That may sound crazy but the NL East is in shambles. Three top teams are entertaining fans at .525 baseball. The Phillies are miserable. But it's only June.

Struggling Brown is hitting .300 in his last 10 game after going .146 in May. Asche's April was .161 but he hit .317 in May before going out. There's no magic solution that's going to improve this team. We'll just end up collecting other teams' unwanted refuse that needs further seasoning. Trade any of our older core and we'll get crap in return.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd have already begun the rebuilding process by June of last season. So, I'm ahead of 1phillies.

I wanted to trade Utley, Ruiz, Rollins and Papelbon. At least 3 of those four were absolutely tradeable last deadline.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have already begun the rebuilding process by June of last season. So, I'm ahead of 1phillies.

I wanted to trade Utley, Ruiz, Rollins and Papelbon. At least 3 of those four were absolutely tradeable last deadline.

I traded Howard for Mike Trout and Lannan for Kershaw and Ruiz for Posey last June so actually I'm ahead of you.

Being serious though, I would have traded both Paps and Rollins in June too. And I would have offered Utley a 1 year 8 million dollar contract, and if he didn't like it, I would have traded him too

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you are missing the real problem. The 25-36 Phillies would possibly have 5 or so more wins (30-31), just two games out of first in the lousy NL East, if Brown and Asche had performed in key situations where a hit was needed. (not blaming them alone.) Why give up now? All they need to do is dump hopeless non-performers like Gwynn, stop signing 30 year old utility retards, and give hopefuls in the minors a better shot. If we trade Utley now, we'll simply get more Delmon, Schierholtz (.222), and Nix recycled clones and we'll be right back where we started.

Are other teams' prospects going to be better than Brown, Asche, Revere, Franco, Rupp, Perkins, Buchanon, Pettibone, Martin, and Giles? These younger guys will be maturing for a while longer. I'm in favor of keeping keeping the older crew and transitioning to the younger guys in our system. Unless you really want to spend the rest of the summer in the vomitorium.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you are missing the real problem. The 25-36 Phillies would possibly have 5 or so more wins (30-31), just two games out of first in the lousy NL East, if Brown and Asche had performed in key situations where a hit was needed. (not blaming them alone.) Why give up now? All they need to do is dump hopeless non-performers like Gwynn, stop signing 30 year old utility retards, and give hopefuls in the minors a better shot. If we trade Utley now, we'll simply get more Delmon, Schierholtz (.222), and Nix recycled clones and we'll be right back where we started.

Are other teams' prospects going to be better than Brown, Asche, Revere, Franco, Rupp, Perkins, Buchanon, Pettibone, Martin, and Giles? These younger guys will be maturing for a while longer. I'm in favor of keeping keeping the older crew and transitioning to the younger guys in our system. Unless you really want to spend the rest of the summer in the vomitorium.

I'm starting to think this Jvettball movie can be made. Just recast Will Ferrell for Clooney and make it a comedy about an unqualified idiot running a franchise into the ground.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't evaluate our own "talent", how can we look at prospects from other systems and say "Yeah, he looks great, we'll take him, and give us that other one too, and you can have Utley and Rollins." lol

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this Jvettball movie can be made. Just recast Will Ferrell for Clooney and make it a comedy about an unqualified idiot running a franchise into the ground.

With Cameo's by all of the Nix brothers

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Cameo's by all of the Nix brothers

It's like how Marvel honors Stan Lee by letting him appear in every Spider-man movie. No two players are more responsible for the Phillies' awfulness than the Nix bros. and not honoring them would be a crime.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starring Michael Martinez as Eziquiel Carrera (or vice versa), and of course Pete Orr as himself

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like how Marvel honors Stan Lee by letting him appear in every Spider-man movie. No two players are more responsible for the Phillies' awfulness than the Nix bros. and not honoring them would be a crime.

Too bad the Marx brothers are gone. Harpo, Groucho, and Chico Staring as the Nix Brothers.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very imaginative and entertaining but you clowns don't know shit about baseball. Just think, if your "movie" is a hit, you won't have to go back to your dead-end jobs as fast-food service employees. Just kidding of course.