• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Lebron goes out West where the quality teams are, I'll give him his props

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't pay attention much do you lol. He said this championship wouldn't have been possible without his teammates, coaches and he said this was for the fans. Off the court he handles himself just fine and especially in postgame interviews. Haters are ONLY going to see the negative and that is fine, just don't whine about it after he has the arguably the greatest Finals ever. It makes YOU look just like the arrogant, whiney Warriors celebrating before they even won the 4th and clinching game.

It's also funny you talk about how he is arrogrant and he talks. You boast your Ducks up every season saying they are the greatest, then they get steamrolled and stomped by the underdogs, Ohio St. He did this for one reason and that is for the city of Cleveland, you can't get more unselfish than that. Deal with it.
i hate to say this but if that was true he wouldnt never have left in the 1st place. if you want to win for your home town u dont leave. his 1st chsmpionship would mean so much more doing it in your home town. he got scared ran to miami and decided it was time to go back home. all the cavs fans that burned his jersey now suck his D...

not trying to start an argument just dont throw that statement out about the team, city and fans. every player does it for that reason.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of that happening though? ZERO Percent most likely. Unless he "super teams it up" with Durant/Westbrook which wouldn't surprise in the least.

One thing everyone can bank on. . He will NOT go to any team that doesn't already have 2-3 HOF'ers already in place

So far in his career he's played with one HOF'er in his prime and that's Wade. Kyrie has potential but let's see if he can stay healthy

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Boston. They have some nice young pieces on that team. He would be an interesting fit there. I think at the end of the day he probably ends up back with OKC. They have the right pieces there, just need a few tweaks.
The only places that feel right would be OKC or go back home and play for Wash.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Boston. They have some nice young pieces on that team. He would be an interesting fit there. I think at the end of the day he probably ends up back with OKC. They have the right pieces there, just need a few tweaks.
Exactly. Durant will stay with the team who drafted him and when and if he wins a title the tears he sheds on the court will be true and sincere to the franchise and fans he dedicated his work to for so many years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in his career he's played with one HOF'er in his prime and that's Wade. Kyrie has potential but let's see if he can stay healthy
he played with ray allen and shaq who are HOF players. yes not in their prime but Ray did win a championship with that shot. kind of like Irving.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only places that feel right would be OKC or go back home and play for Wash.
Yeah I definitely agree with you here.

Speaking of Chicago, who's gonna be suiting up for you guys next year? I keep hearing Noah's gone, Butler's gone, Rose might get traded. If you're in the mood to move Butler, the Cavs have a certain PF that could possibly be of interest to Chicago :thumb:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I definitely agree with you here.

Speaking of Chicago, who's gonna be suiting up for you guys next year? I keep hearing Noah's gone, Butler's gone, Rose might get traded. If you're in the mood to move Butler, the Cavs have a certain PF that could possibly be of interest to Chicago :thumb:
no clue ready to start over build around butler. we have some nice young players. We have money to spend and the #14 pick. Bulls this era will be known for the "What If" team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Lebron has purposefully avoided playing in the West his entire career should be embarrassing to him but he lacks that self-awareness.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Lebron has purposefully avoided playing in the West his entire career should be embarrassing to him but he lacks that self-awareness.
giphy.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen anyone rip Shaq for it, and he was way worse than Lebron about it.

Not true. Shaq only left as a free agent once in his career(not counting his last w/Boston). Lebron's already done it twice.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Shaq only left as a free agent once in his career(not counting his last w/Boston). Lebron's already done it twice.
"[O'Neal] left because he couldn't get what he wanted—a huge pay raise. There was no way ownership could give him what he wanted. Shaq's demands held the franchise hostage, and the way he went about it didn't please the owner too much."

Doesn't exactly sound like he gave the Lakers much of a choice.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"[O'Neal] left because he couldn't get what he wanted—a huge pay raise. There was no way ownership could give him what he wanted. Shaq's demands held the franchise hostage, and the way he went about it didn't please the owner too much."

Doesn't exactly sound like he gave the Lakers much of a choice.

So then its two to two? Hows that "way worse"

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then its two to two? Hows that "way worse"
James didn't force any team to trade him. He also has played for two teams, not six like Shaq played for in his career. Very different.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James didn't force any team to trade him. He also has played for two teams, not six like Shaq played for in his career. Very different.

Shaq was traded three of those times and signed a one year deal at the end of his career to try and win a Championship like mostly every player does. Not different at all, actually. LeBron has now left via free agency twice. And even if Shaq had not been traded by the Lakers and left via free agency it's still two to two.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was traded three of those times and signed a one year deal at the end of his career to try and win a Championship like mostly every player does. Not different at all, actually. LeBron has now left via free agency twice. And even if Shaq had not been traded by the Lakers and left via free agency it's still two to two.
Great. He still played for 6 different teams. I'd be willing to bet anything that Lebron doesn't play for 6 different teams, or even close to it. That was purguy's point, and you can see he agreed with me.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too late now but i think when he was making the choice to play in miami I'm sure he thought to himself id be crazy to go to the west and have a tough match up every single round of the playoffs.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too late now but i think when he was making the choice to play in miami I'm sure he thought to himself id be crazy to go to the west and have a tough match up every single round of the playoffs.

Perhaps but lets be a little objective here. The Warriors had a tough time with OKC (& almost lost the series). However - I would hardly call their opponents in the first two rounds that tough. Probably tougher than the Cavs first two opponents but not by much. Sure this was somewhat dictated by circumstances but lets not make it out like the Warriors had this brutal path to the Finals.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but lets be a little objective here. The Warriors had a tough time with OKC (& almost lost the series). However - I would hardly call their opponents in the first two rounds that tough. Probably tougher than the Cavs first two opponents but not by much. Sure this was somewhat dictated by circumstances but lets not make it out like the Warriors had this brutal path to the Finals.

well i was more speaking of over the course of the last several years since lebron joined miami.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. He still played for 6 different teams. I'd be willing to bet anything that Lebron doesn't play for 6 different teams, or even close to it. That was purguy's point, and you can see he agreed with me.

Leaving via free agency and getting traded aren't the same thing. If Shaq never gets traded at the All star break to Phoenix he may have only played for 3 teams. Point being its out of his control. And having purguy on your side isn't exactly the best endorsement considering he thinks D Rose was a top 10 PG last season.