• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I go after Jordan Reed

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to draft a backup. Should I draft Davis or Graham (best available number one TE)? Does anyone think Graham's ADP will go up before the season starts.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft none and pick someone up off waivers. Use your roster spots more valuably.
You're welcome.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Reed would be your backup. He sucks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Reed would be your backup. He sucks.
lol, ya know, it ain't far off. At least he used to be great for the few games he played, nowadays, he's hurt most of the time, and ain't all that great when he does play. Don't really see the point of rostering him myself.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft none and pick someone up off waivers. Use your roster spots more valuably.
You're welcome.

You mean don't even draft a starting TE?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean don't even draft a starting TE?
If you don't get a top tier guy and your league doesn't have a rule against it, sure.

Otherwise, draft a TE about when you'd draft a kicker. When you are forced to, the last rounds.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't set my sights on Reed. But I have to get someone with upside in later rounds.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread to inform that most of the picks in 5-7 rounds are taking a TE. At least about 8-9 are taken before round 8. If I were to wait until much later, like rd 13, it's going to be the likes of Reed, Graham, Doyle, Herndon, Eiffert, Witten, Rudolph (I don't even trust him considering he doesn't really want to play for the Vikings).

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread to inform that most of the picks in 5-7 rounds are taking a TE. At least about 8-9 are taken before round 8. If I were to wait until much later, like rd 13, it's going to be the likes of Reed, Graham, Doyle, Herndon, Eiffert, Witten, Rudolph (I don't even trust him considering he doesn't really want to play for the Vikings).

If you're going to wait until the end grabbing 2 isn't a bad plan. Someone safe and someone with upside Kittle, Ebron, and Samuels were all great upside guys that went very late last year and were league winners.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be smarter than the rest of your league and take better RBs and WRs instead of a TE.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelce - 2nd
Kittle - 2nd
Ertz - 3rd
Engram - 6th
Henry - 6th/7th
Howard - 6th/7th
Ebron - 8th
Cook - 8th
Maybe Mcdonald - 8th

Most of those in the 8th are just guys panicking. Either grab a TE early or late till late. There are options. (If you can grab Engram in the 6th I really like his upside though).

All those guys you have targeted have little upside imo: Reed, Eifert (always hurt), Witten. I don't like Graham.

IF you say 8-9 TE's taken that would most likely be a list like this...Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Engram, Henry, Howard, Ebron, Cook, Mcdonald, even adding in Hooper or Walker there are better options than Eifert or Witten.

I don't mind Doyle. Njoku might be an okay pick.

I like Waller or Andrews late.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to wait until the end grabbing 2 isn't a bad plan. Someone safe and someone with upside Kittle, Ebron, and Samuels were all great upside guys that went very late last year and were league winners.

The upside is Graham and Reed. Eiffert will get hurt again. Safe....is probably Herndon.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce - 2nd
Kittle - 2nd
Ertz - 3rd
Engram - 6th
Henry - 6th/7th
Howard - 6th/7th
Ebron - 8th
Cook - 8th
Maybe Mcdonald - 8th

Most of those in the 8th are just guys panicking. Either grab a TE early or late till late. There are options. (If you can grab Engram in the 6th I really like his upside though).

All those guys you have targeted have little upside imo: Reed, Eifert (always hurt), Witten. I don't like Graham.

IF you say 8-9 TE's taken that would most likely be a list like this...Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Engram, Henry, Howard, Ebron, Cook, Mcdonald, even adding in Hooper or Walker there are better options than Eifert or Witten.

I don't mind Doyle. Njoku might be an okay pick.

I like Waller or Andrews late.

That's your league. The mocks are taking them before round 8. In my league TEs will be going most likely in the first six rounds for most people. Which means I will get NONE of those TEs you listed other than Hooper or Walker if I wait until round 8. Herndon's been my late target but I have had to target someone like Graham or Reed to cover his suspension. Doyle has to contend with Ebron for targets but he's been an option as well.

Njoku....not sure. Landry's value declined last year compared to Miami and when Hue was fired, his fantasy production on Cleveland declined. I have a feeling the only Browns that will match or exceed their ADP are Mayfield and Chubb.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your league. The mocks are taking them before round 8. In my league TEs will be going most likely in the first six rounds for most people. Which means I will get NONE of those TEs you listed other than Hooper or Walker if I wait until round 8. Herndon's been my late target but I have had to target someone like Graham or Reed to cover his suspension. Doyle has to contend with Ebron for targets but he's been an option as well.

Njoku....not sure. Landry's value declined last year compared to Miami and when Hue was fired, his fantasy production on Cleveland declined. I have a feeling the only Browns that will match or exceed their ADP are Mayfield and Chubb.
Do the guys in your league take 2 or 3 TEs?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your league settings force you to draft a 2nd TE, then I agree with the others that you should just sit on 1 and see what opens up after week 1 on the waiver wire.
You should know I'm a classic TE hater.
There is no rush to draft a guy who might see 50 targets and 600 yards on the season.

Last year, 11 TE had at least 600 yards. 17 TE had more than 500 yards.
Someone will step up.