• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If Clemson loses, who gets in?

If Clemson loses, who gets in?

• Michigan

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Oklahoma/Oklahoma State

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Penn State/Wisconsin

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Western Michigan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ... please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Clemson

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an argument for Penn St. Michigan lost to Iowa 14-13 a week after Penn St beat the snot out of them 41-14.

I got no time for logic (at least to that kind of logic). It does make it pretty exciting if Clemson loses. If Clemson wins I think any argument is moot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posed the question because you said there is no way the B1G gets two teams in and one of them aren't PSU or Whisky.

Say Whisky gets in. Do you think they'd be more deserving than a team they lost to 14-7 (but included 3 missed FG's and an INT inside the 10 of Whisky). UM outgained them 360-159. Whisky's offense crossed midfield once the entire game and it took an interception return of 60 yards to do so.

So they'd be more deserving?
And I told you what I think is irrelevant to the question of who WILL get in. No matter who does, there will be a huge firestorm. The committee is going to have to decide all of these tough questions and at the end of the day I can't see THEM not taking the B1G champ over TWO teams that weren't even in that event.
The B1G picks it's teams like every other conference. Penn State and Wisconsin should be there. The Conference Champion and the National Champion are two different things. A one loss ohio state would rank higher than a two loss Penn State or Wisconsin nationally. With one conference loss to Penn State, ohio state had to sit and watch a one loss Penn State play. It really turned out to be an advantage for ohio state because anytime you walk on the field you can lose. Why the fuck am I supporting the ohio state fuckeyes ... I hate them.

Again, I've said this may make all of the P5 evaluate how they pick their contenders. Head to head alone just on conf records appears to be very flawed if it can leave out not one, but two of the best teams in a conference. If we are going to value these games they must get it right and put the correct two in for each conference. Otherwise they aren't worth much.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's gotta be the B10 champ, although I'd love to see how this Western Mich team would do.

Or maybe i'm just selfish cause I wanna see their star WR against a legit D.

It can't be UM. 2 loss non B10 champ vs. a 2 loss B10 champ. Forget about UM. Even if they are one ball being spotted correctly from having 1 loss.