• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Idaho @ Florida

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest, I'm glad. The Vandals can claim a week of being undefeated and the Gators don't get to pad their record with a cheap victory. Gasp, now they might not get into a bowl if they repeat their most recent ineptitude in the SEC. I can understand the disappointment, I mean when Georgia Southern is too tough a match up, finding an FBS school that's even worse is awfully hard.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest, I'm glad. The Vandals can claim a week of being undefeated and the Gators don't get to pad their record with a cheap victory. Gasp, now they might not get into a bowl if they repeat their most recent ineptitude in the SEC. I can understand the disappointment, I mean when Georgia Southern is too tough a match up, finding an FBS school that's even worse is awfully hard.

That's a lot of talk from a fan of a team that has lost every game they've played this year. :whistle:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude you really need to think about what you post. I’ve kind of sat back and let you troll about UF’s opponents in the “pre-season”, but you’ve passed-out drunk and hit your head on the urinal with that last post. For ANYONE from Potato State University to talk about SOS is beyond a joke. Your team has never been, nor ever will be a serious contender for anything other than maybe champions of the WAC or MWC or whatever middle school conference you play in.

For God’s sake man, your team plays on an absolute abomination of a field painted blue. Gimmick much?

Get back in touch when your SOS cracks to top 25, hell top 50. Troll.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you really need to think about what you post. I’ve kind of sat back and let you troll about UF’s opponents in the “pre-season”, but you’ve passed-out drunk and hit your head on the urinal with that last post. For ANYONE from Potato State University to talk about SOS is beyond a joke. Your team has never been, nor ever will be a serious contender for anything other than maybe champions of the WAC or MWC or whatever middle school conference you play in.

For God’s sake man, your team plays on an absolute abomination of a field painted blue. Gimmick much?

Get back in touch when your SOS cracks to top 25, hell top 50. Troll.

It's kind of hard to get an SOS when one belongs to a non top 5 conference. So let me discuss your points one by one. Hopefully, I won't bore you with some facts here.

One, even though I'm a Boise fan, I also have a degree from Idaho, so I have the right to post on a thread about them. Besides, last time I checked this site encourages smack talk. So who's trolling who?

Next, in order to play a better schedule, teams like Idaho and Boise are obligated to constantly be on the road, since ADs like Jeremy Foley won't play anyone on the road, unless they are absolutely forced to. Heck, he won't even go to Georgia, hence the World's Largest Cocktail Party, that Gator fans always count as a road game. So this is the logic.

In order to build program, these schools from the lower divisions have to do something to establish a brand and build fan base. So Boise got the Blue. Yes, absolutely, it was a gimmick. One that worked beyond our wildest dreams. It even made you look! Besides, every team carefully arranges things so that they have a home field advantage, they placement of the band, student section, background, sound system, hiring of officials, locker facilities, and a dozen other things. Boise got permission to do it, and I can tell you, having played on the field. After the first play, it's football. It is the background colors on the edges that distract, the field color has almost no effect at field level.

And do the math. In order to get home games, the other team have to be willing to travel too. Boise does. Florida doesn't. So only suckers like Idaho will play them. Boise tried that approach, it doesn't work. Sport is supposed to be fair, you know, level playing field, all that. What Florida does isn't fair, not even the most rabid UF fan can argue otherwise.

As to the future, I respectfully disagree, in fact your statements about Boise are just plain old wrong. Boise has been a serious contender several times, they are undefeated in their 2 BCS appearances and were probably a missed field goal from 2 more, perhaps even the NC game. They finished in the top ten every year for the better part of a decade. Yeah, they are down the last couple of years, such is sport. But they are working hard to make sure that if they can win, they, and any other FBS team gets a fair shot at winning it all. Isn't that the point? Or do you prefer a system in which before a single down is played, over half of the teams in the division have NO chance at playing to be champion?

But, as I said, Boise is doing it right in my opinion, while Idaho is doing it wrong. Boise travels, like Idaho does. But Boise doesn't prostitute itself out to be the bum of the month, like the Vandals do. They insist on something in return, national TV exposure, neutral site, a return trip to Boise, and so on. In any business deal, and football is big business, both sides should benefit.

Why is that so hard for you to figure out? Hopefully, Swamp Humpy, you've sobered up by now, and will be able to read this contemplatively. If not, have a wonderful Sunday.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Florida finishes 5-6, the Idaho postponed game would hurt.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, as I said, Boise is doing it right in my opinion, while Idaho is doing it wrong. Boise travels, like Idaho does. But Boise doesn't prostitute itself out to be the bum of the month, like the Vandals do. They insist on something in return, national TV exposure, neutral site, a return trip to Boise, and so on. In any business deal, and football is big business, both sides should benefit.

Why is that so hard for you to figure out? Hopefully, Swamp Humpy, you've sobered up by now, and will be able to read this contemplatively. If not, have a wonderful Sunday.

You realize Idaho basically had no choice in the matter right? Before the WAC started going under and they were forced to be independent their out of conference schedule usually consisted of WSU, one FCS team, one MAC or MWC team, and then maybe another PAC-12 school like Oregon State or Washington. It isn't until very recently they started going to LSU, FSU, and Florida. And like I said, a lot of those games were scheduled when they saw the writing on the wall regarding the WAC and didn't know how long they were going to be without a conference. Next year is the last year of the big money bag games. After that they go back to playing WSU and maybe one other Pac-12 team out of conference.

You say that Idaho travels like Boise , but your argument just proves the opposite. Idaho is traveling for money games that were schedule when they needed a lot of money since they had no conference. Boise won't go anywhere unless the other team treats them like a power 5 school. The problem is, they aren't. The SEC/Big 10 teams are just treating them like they treat any other non-power 5 school. That's why they end up playing so many one and done neutral site games. They have been doing more home and homes with Oregon State, WSU, and UW so they are at least figuring out that they need to target more realistic teams.

Really though they just need to adopt the mentality of Fresno State football and Gonzaga basketball. Both have sub-par conference schedules and both pretty much play anybody anywhere out of conference. You get respect by putting your money where your mouth is, not whining about how nobody will play you.