• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd like a Tuna Sandwich

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made homemade pastrami, Pop Warner season is in full swing so on game days for my sons (daughter is playing softball too. Saturday night we didn't get home until 1115pm - exhausting, have about 5 weeks to go between the 3 and their sports) I'm packing sammiches in a cooler for myself because field snack shacks make me sick after Week 2.

This pastrami turned out so good, been slapping it on a sandwich roll with pepperjack cheese, mayo, Dijon mustard, piles of pastrami, pepperoncinis, Italian dressing and pickles. Freaking outstanding.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made homemade pastrami, Pop Warner season is in full swing so on game days for my sons (daughter is playing softball too. Saturday night we didn't get home until 1115pm - exhausting, have about 5 weeks to go between the 3 and their sports) I'm packing sammiches in a cooler for myself because field snack shacks make me sick after Week 2.

This pastrami turned out so good, been slapping it on a sandwich roll with pepperjack cheese, mayo, Dijon mustard, piles of pastrami, pepperoncinis, Italian dressing and pickles. Freaking outstanding.
I remember those days.

I coached for years and my wife and sometimes my parents would go to the other fields to see the kids I wasn't coaching play (I have 3 also).

Sandwich sounds great. If you weren't on the other side of the continent I'd bring a six pack and stop by!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those days.

I coached for years and my wife and sometimes my parents would go to the other fields to see the kids I wasn't coaching play (I have 3 also).

Sandwich sounds great. If you weren't on the other side of the continent I'd bring a six pack and stop by!

Lot of work, I'm pretty much MIA from July to November between the 3. I actually have 4, the oldest one is turning 18 in about 1.5 weeks but she wasn't into sports. These 3, they're into everything and running me ragged. But I know in a few short years I'll miss these times with them.

I stopped coaching football once my youngest started to play 3 years ago, I'd be guaranteed to miss somebody's game every weekend. Didn't want to do that so now I'm just a dad watching my kids and actually it's been nice. Not always able to watch complete games because I have to jump to the next one, but at least I'm seeing all of them play every weekend.

Sammich was amazing, already started making my second batch of the pastrami. I don't know if it was beginner's luck or what but it was easily the best pastrami I've ever had so I'm trying to replicate it. Might have become a new hobby, we will see.

Leftover beef stroganoff from dinner last night for lunch today. Solid.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visited my oldest daughter in AZ last weekend, we found some hole in the wall sammich shop and they made me a roast beef, pastrami, Dijon, pepperoncini, bell peppers, onions, drsssing and pepperjack on a roll. Holy hell was this thing good.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met an attorney friend for lunch yesterday here, she suggested it and is known for finding these great little hole in the walls. This place is located in a full blown business area and you wouldn't expect it.

We shared the Grinder, short rib rigatoni and citrus salad and I had two hazy IPAs. Solid.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made that pastrami again last week, had enough for 3 days worth of lunches. Got some nice sandwich rolls, put the pastrami in a skillet and then melted in some pepperjack cheese and dropped it into the roll loaded with mustard and pickles.

Top notch, going to make it again soon.