• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want Mccoy gone.....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be traded this offseason while he still has value. These chump fans from other teams suggest a sucker might exist out there.

Looks like the chump fans you speak of include Eagle fans.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy was "solid" this season ... 4 hundred yard games and 5 combined TD's with one game left. He's 3rd in the league in rushing which looks good on the leaders board, but let's look a little further ...

The only player who's gotten more carries is Demarco Murray ... so while being 3rd in the league in rushing yards is nice, a lot of it has to do with simply getting a ton of opportunities. As far as yards per carry though he's 26th in the league at 4.1 per carry and that's despite not having many of those tuff short yardage carries which dip your average. His total TD # is rather low as well despite getting the 2nd most carries in the league. You want a Franchise type RB to have double digit "combined" TD's ... but because Shady goes down so easily he can't be a reliable goal line back.

Summary ... Shady is a very good all around Back, but he will be 27 next season and as Wings pointed out earlier he's lost a step. RB is the easiest position imo to replace and if a good trade offer were to come along, you can use that early pick on 2ndary which we desperately need as long as use his money to shore up other areas. While I would be just fine seeing him back next year, I wouldn't be heart broken if we get bowled over with a trade offer and draft a guy to fill his role.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If u are offered a 1st & 3rd...then yea but we wont get but a 2nd. Id rather keep him & go after Mariota

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeSean McCoy is leading the league this year in negative runs. Some of that is the oline but most of it is his auditioning for Dancing with the Stars.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started the drinking early i see. To be objective:

-McCoy's had turf toe all year. That affects the way a runner like Shady performs.
-Marshawn Lynch is 28, two years older than McCoy with 2 more seasons worth of brutal carries. That would be a really stupid exchange. Really fucking stupid.

If you wanted to bring in Lynch to compliment McCoy, sign me up.
Nice bullshit excuses....Mccoy can't block and he has lost 2 steps over the course of the last 2 years...He huffs like a horse going 20 yards....he goes down when the wind blows....the old Mccoy did not...You want to live in denial you go ahead and do that, but even Brian Westbrook said he clearly can't break a tackle, he can't block, and he has no burst. He counts 12 million against the cap next year. Lynch made 6.5 mill with Seattle, and clearly won't make much more than that going forward because of his age (28)...I'll take that 5.5 million in savings and go fill some other needs. Yeah I'm talking nonsense, but you will see how nonsense it is when Chip Kelly does just that.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on this train for a couple of seasons now' but Ive never been a McCoy guy, no power, soft, dances too much, falls down too easy. Personally won't miss him if and or when he's gone.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want a RB drafted in 2007 to become the Eagles new primary RB in 2015?

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch would be an idiot to leave Seattle for Philly. If he is cut..he'll probably end up in New England.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get anything better than a mid 2nd for Shady you take it imo. You need as many early Rd picks to redo our 2ndary. You can get a player like Mike Davis from South Carolina or a TJ Yeldon from Alabama in Rd 3 to combine with Polk and Sproles (whom we still have for another year) moving forward.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want a RB drafted in 2007 to become the Eagles new primary RB in 2015?
Absolutely! Lynch has plenty left in the tank! He would cost us half what Mccoy does. Denver showed how rb's in the NFL are a dime a dozen anymore.

tbone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shadys numbers have alittle to do with alot of things. Yes he seems a tad slower. Yes the OL was totally banged up alot of the year. No matter what you say not having DJAX on this team is a killer. These 8 guys in the box we talk about is because we have no deep threat. If we get big chunks of yards its because a screen or a 5-10 yard pass had some nice YAC. Maclin has replaced Djaxs numbers but not his IMPACT. And a factor that works against Mccoy is man do we run alot of counter plays. These plays take forever to develop. Add in the fact that Mccoy does dance and its not good. We have a very LIMITED amount of running plays...its like we run the same shit over and over.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice bullshit excuses....Mccoy can't block and he has lost 2 steps over the course of the last 2 years...He huffs like a horse going 20 yards....he goes down when the wind blows....the old Mccoy did not...You want to live in denial you go ahead and do that, but even Brian Westbrook said he clearly can't break a tackle, he can't block, and he has no burst. He counts 12 million against the cap next year. Lynch made 6.5 mill with Seattle, and clearly won't make much more than that going forward because of his age (28)...I'll take that 5.5 million in savings and go fill some other needs. Yeah I'm talking nonsense, but you will see how nonsense it is when Chip Kelly does just that.

...and he's a really bad tipper.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shadys numbers have alittle to do with alot of things. Yes he seems a tad slower. Yes the OL was totally banged up alot of the year. No matter what you say not having DJAX on this team is a killer. These 8 guys in the box we talk about is because we have no deep threat. If we get big chunks of yards its because a screen or a 5-10 yard pass had some nice YAC. Maclin has replaced Djaxs numbers but not his IMPACT. And a factor that works against Mccoy is man do we run alot of counter plays. These plays take forever to develop. Add in the fact that Mccoy does dance and its not good. We have a very LIMITED amount of running plays...its like we run the same shit over and over.
Guess you didn't watch pregame.....they showed how huge holes are there and Mccoy jump steps instead of exploding through the hole. They talked about how he lacks explosion. They showed a bunch of snaps in slo mo, mccoy looks terrible.Funny that Sproles and Polk have no problem getting through those holes and they only get a handful of carries. I pimped Shady like crazy coming out of school....now, it's time to move on. 12 mill is way to much money to have tied up in a one dimensional rb that has lost 2 steps.

tbone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you didn't watch pregame.....they showed how huge holes are there and Mccoy jump steps instead of exploding through the hole. They talked about how he lacks explosion. They showed a bunch of snaps in slo mo, mccoy looks terrible.Funny that Sproles and Polk have no problem getting through those holes and they only get a handful of carries. I pimped Shady like crazy coming out of school....now, it's time to move on. 12 mill is way to much money to have tied up in a one dimensional rb that has lost 2 steps.
i watched it. I said hes lost some burst...he dances. But to not look at the other aspects is just silly.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand some of the frustrations with shady but this team has bigger problems

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as long as Chip trades him, and not cut him, ala DJAX.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand some of the frustrations with shady but this team has bigger problems
That's correct, we have bigger problems, which is why Mccoy and his 12 million dollar cap number need to go....We can use that 12 mill to bring in a couple free agents to plug huge holes that we currently have.
2015 NFL Running Back Free Agent Tracker

There are some damn good young rb's set to become free agents on that list that make peanuts compared to Mccoys cap figure.
Justin Forsett, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mark Ingram, Bilal Powell(whom is extremely underrated) Shane Vereen all can average over 4 yards a carry in this offense. All of these backs have more speed than Mccoy, and all of these backs break tackles.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what we could get, I would listen. ....running backs are replaceable.
This. I love shady, but there is a reason barry sanders didnt win very much... he just like shady are great backs... but you never know what you are going to get from them. Giving mccoy the ball is like throwing the ball... either home run or strike out looking.

If we can get a 1st and 3rd for him ill pack his bags myself.

Shady would be great on a team not going anywhere, but I cannot handle another season of him running 30 yards sideways, juking his own o-lineman for a 6 yard loss.

You win games through consistency. If we can trade him, cut cooper, and offer demarco Murray the keys to the castle id be happy.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is going to give up a 1st and 3rd for McCoy. RB's are devalued in today's NFL. McCoy was one of my favorite prospects in that draft class, I was so excited when we got him. He's been a great back for us for many years, though he doesn't look like the Shady of old. The new shady runs VERY tentative and goes down almost on his own at times, he doesn't have the same burst he once had - though his deep speed showed through on thanksgiving when he broke for a long one, yet he still does not look the same. Since RBs are a dime a dozen, I'd be willing to trade McCoy for 2nd rounder and maybe some change. A player like Tre Mason who I loved this past year would've been a stud in this offense - he went 75th overall in the 3rd round. Getting even more cap relief will help us target DBs in Free Agency.