• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Think We'll Get Over 100 Yards Rushing As A Team This Week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The 49ers are an elite run defense, so it's not a slam dunk by any means, but I think that unlike in the game at SF, we'll get over 100 rushing yards as a team. We only got 86 total rushing yards in the game at SF, but we didn't have Michael Bowie at left guard. Plus the crowd at SF was pretty loud (not Centurylink Field loud, but the I remember the noise there kinda jumped out at me) and it probably made it tougher for our offensive line to communicate and get off the line of scrimmage as quickly as the Niners did. Not that there's anything wrong with the 49ers fans being loud, of course, I'm just saying that conditions for running the football at the home will be a little easier.

In short, I predict that Michael Bowie at left guard and being at home will result in a better rushing performance than we put together at Candlestick. I'll even go out on a limb and predict that we get over 100 yards rushing as a team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harvin plays at least most of the game Lynch goes over 130y. The LB's won't be able to crowd inside. Just keeping them honest helps the running game.

No Harvin? Crap shoot if he breaks 100. SF's game plan will be to stuff the box and seal Wilson in the pocket. They will dare us to beat them through the air. The only way the running game will get going is if they do have success through the air to make them adjust.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we'd better have 100+ yards as a team or I think we'll be in trouble. Our offense is hinged on a good running game setting up play action and some of the read option stuff. If SF is stuffing us early they won't buy the play action fake and I think we'll have a long day. Fortunately this is one of Seattle's strengths on Offense. I just hope they get it going early and often.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harvin plays at least most of the game Lynch goes over 130y. The LB's won't be able to crowd inside. Just keeping them honest helps the running game.

No Harvin? Crap shoot if he breaks 100. SF's game plan will be to stuff the box and seal Wilson in the pocket. They will dare us to beat them through the air. The only way the running game will get going is if they do have success through the air to make them adjust.

Agreed about the impact that Harvin would have if he plays. He is such a threat that the Niners would be forced to account for him at all times or risk a big gain somewhere. He is a big key for sure.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the week 2 game (which is on NFL Network right now), Lynch had 98 with Okung out for most of the game. I think Marshawn will be over 100 by himself on Sunday.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LB's won't be able to crowd inside. .

I think this where spreading the field comes into play. Make Bowman and Willis cover and space. We saw Luke Willson burn Patrick Willis in space in the last matchup and he isnt even our quickest guy. I hope we can get at least 100 on the ground but we need to take shots in the air as well. I mean Carson Palmer put up almost 400 yards passing on them a couple weeks ago.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we'd better have 100+ yards as a team or I think we'll be in trouble. Our offense is hinged on a good running game setting up play action and some of the read option stuff. If SF is stuffing us early they won't buy the play action fake and I think we'll have a long day. Fortunately this is one of Seattle's strengths on Offense. I just hope they get it going early and often.

This IMO. I have a hard time seeing you win on this stage without establishing the run, unless Wilson plays like an elite guy. You guys know my opinion of him and we don't need to have that discussion, but if you don't establish the ground game, we'll find out exactly how far Wilson can carry this team.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this where spreading the field comes into play. Make Bowman and Willis cover and space. We saw Luke Willson burn Patrick Willis in space in the last matchup and he isnt even our quickest guy. I hope we can get at least 100 on the ground but we need to take shots in the air as well. I mean Carson Palmer put up almost 400 yards passing on them a couple weeks ago.

:agree: We torched SF with the deep crossing route in the first half in SF, but we struggled to move the ball in the second half. If there is a weakness in the SF defense, it is the secondary.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if Beast can get over 100 since they have not allowed a single runner to get over 100 this season. Lynch had 98 in first matchup. It will be tough and we may need to use the pass to loosen up the LBs a bit. Having Percy will help. Hopefully he can make it.