• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think it's a mistake to go into "reload" mode

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What if the Giants beat up on the Pats in the Superbowl and win it?

That means we could have beat up the Pats as well. So then we were two fumbles away from a Superbowl title.

The D is too good to break up. I strongly feel we need to re-sign Rogers and Goldson and keep the D.

I'd be willing to gamble on offense though, with not bringing back Alex or Crabtree. Maybe one, not both.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't think we need to rebuild the team...we have a few spots that need to be filled like at QB...Bring on the hate i think alex smith is a good qb but if you watch him at all this season there were times he would throw the ball at the ground or get scared in the pocket in just throw it away we need a qb like big ben who isn't scared to get hit and we need a top 5 wr

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Justin Smith over Mario Williams. Justin has no quit in him he plays hard opens up holes for Aldon an everyone else on defense to make plays. The force fumble on Maclin, tipped pass to beat the Giants in the regular season, Manhandling the Saints Oline the man is a beast. Football means winning on offense and defense. I know it is sexier to have big gaudy offensive stats but you are robbing peter to pay paul. And hell I prefer defense maybe I am just old school that way. Besides we'd have Mario for a year and next year you'd be back on the boards wanting to trade him for the next big draft prospect.

Justin smith is a beast and mario willians is injury prone if he wasn't drafted in the top 5 he wouldn't even be in the league anymore

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There isn't another DE/OLB in the league that I would trade JS for.

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think overall we have a better roster than every other team in the league. 'Cept for maybe a QB and a receiver or two. And maybe just a receiver! This Niner team is a hair's breath away from being the most dominant team in football since... I can't even say when. A long friggin' time!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What if the Giants beat up on the Pats in the Superbowl and win it? That means we could have beat up the Pats as well. So then we were two fumbles away from a Superbowl title.

Not really. The Niners wouldn't be playing the Pats on grass in SF on a wet field. All they needed was a FG and they had a bunch of tries to get it; but when it came down to getting a winning FG they couldn't do it at home.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think overall we have a better roster than every other team in the league. 'Cept for maybe a QB and a receiver or two.

That's why I said 'Roster' not roster minus QB & WRs.

Haloti Ngata? Demarcus Ware?

Justin smith is a beast and mario willians is injury prone if he wasn't drafted in the top 5 he wouldn't even be in the league anymore

Injry prone? He didn't miss a game his first 4 seasons. And "WOULDN'T BE IN THE LEAGUE????" Have you ever seen Mario Williams play? I don't think you have. You were watching someone else.

Oh and you can't trade Justin Smith for a FA (Williams). I'd trade him for a first round draft pick if it were high enough. The reason the Niners should go after this man is because he wasn't tagged. FAs like him who don't get the tag don't come along very often (like Julius Peppers).

I hope Baalke acts like Belichick & acts with total disregard to loyalty to current players. He's especially able to do so because he doesn't coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness suffers from myteamsuckedtolongitous, It will take him back to back winning season to start coming around.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ the guy saying williams wouldn't be in the league anymore if he wasn't taken top 5. you judging him off of a single season? wait is that reggie bush posting here?

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol @ the guy saying williams wouldn't be in the league anymore if he wasn't taken top 5. you judging him off of a single season? wait is that reggie bush posting here?

i take back that comment about him not being in the league for some reason i thought he was injured the last 2 seasons. I don't follow the Texans that much...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sickness suffers from myteamsuckedtolongitous, It will take him back to back winning season to start coming around.

Who was one of the few people who's been saying all season the Niners were not good enough to win a SB? Because most people here said they could. No another winning season would not make me "come around." What would make me come around is a roster that had a realistic chance of competing with the best teams in the NFL on a neutral field.

I think it's silly to say the Niners are as talented as the Saints because they are clearly a more balanced & deep team with a top 5 QB in the NFL who's proven he can win in the playoffs.

With the right moves the Niners could win a SB next year. But I don't think it's realistic enough to go from build for the next 5 years to win right now. I don't think that would be wise froma personnel standpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the saints have one of the top offenses of the past decade, we have one of the top defenses of the past decade. talent wise, it's a wash between the 2 teams. i think we can fix our offense a lot more quickly than they can fix their d, which has been regressing

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was one of the few people who's been saying all season the Niners were not good enough to win a SB? Because most people here said they could. No another winning season would not make me "come around." What would make me come around is a roster that had a realistic chance of competing with the best teams in the NFL on a neutral field.

I think it's silly to say the Niners are as talented as the Saints because they are clearly a more balanced & deep team with a top 5 QB in the NFL who's proven he can win in the playoffs.

With the right moves the Niners could win a SB next year. But I don't think it's realistic enough to go from build for the next 5 years to win right now. I don't think that would be wise froma personnel standpoint.

You're seriously going to take credit for predicting something that was likely to occur? Yes, we were hopeful, but not all of us thought we would win the Superbowl. As far as saying we could win, we could have. If it weren't for the Williams fumble, we might not have deserved it according to subjective reasons, but we would be in and in the right circumstances the Patriots could have lost. So yes, most people thought we could win the SB. You're wrong that we couldn't have. You were right that we wouldn't.

If we had gotten to the Superbowl you would have said it was because it wasn't on a neutral field. True, but that's what we worked hard for in the regular season. It's earned. Every other team who has had home field advantage through the Finals has done it that way. Teams like Seattle get lucky because of the division rules, but most often they have earned it. It's like when you said we were lucky to force those turnovers from the Saints, but we lost because of talent on those KW fumbles.

I don't have a problem with you boasting that we wouldn't win the SB. I just think you're wrong saying that we couldn't and that you should get some credit for predicting that we wouldn't. I think I would have agreed with you if we didn't have those fumbles and Eli just played lights out against our defense like the media portrays it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I see what you're saying Sick in that we played over our heads and the team overall isn't at perennial contender level but I don't think we're far from that level either so I don't think we need to gut the team for draft picks.

The defense is in place and all we need is to retool the offense to be in the mix.

And looking at offense all we really need is a better QB and a bonafide #1 WR.

The offensive line needs to protect better though I think they'll be better with a year of the offense under their belt but an upgrades on the right side wouldn't hurt.

The TE position is set

The RB situation is fine though I wouldn't mind seeing someone drafted to replace Dixon and push Gore

WR we need a bonafide #1 playmaker and I think we need a burner since Ginn couldn't catch the ball if you handed it to him. I'm not a big Crabtree guy but I think he could be a good Robin to someone's Batman. Morgan and Williams I think are fine as "those other guys"

Since it's all but certain Peyton's not going to be back with the Colts we should kick the tires and if he's healthy and doesn't want some ridiculous amount of dough than we should get a 3 year deal done. Smith's a solid starter and I do think if he's our QB next season he'll have a better year but the guy isn't Peyton Manning or close to it. If Manning is healthy on our roster and we get him a weapon or two in the draft playing behind our defense we would be a scary team.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're seriously going to take credit for predicting something that was likely to occur? Yes, we were hopeful, but not all of us thought we would win the Superbowl. As far as saying we could win, we could have. If it weren't for the Williams fumble, we might not have deserved it according to subjective reasons, but we would be in and in the right circumstances the Patriots could have lost. So yes, most people thought we could win the SB. You're wrong that we couldn't have. You were right that we wouldn't.

If we had gotten to the Superbowl you would have said it was because it wasn't on a neutral field. True, but that's what we worked hard for in the regular season. It's earned. Every other team who has had home field advantage through the Finals has done it that way. Teams like Seattle get lucky because of the division rules, but most often they have earned it. It's like when you said we were lucky to force those turnovers from the Saints, but we lost because of talent on those KW fumbles.

I don't have a problem with you boasting that we wouldn't win the SB. I just think you're wrong saying that we couldn't and that you should get some credit for predicting that we wouldn't. I think I would have agreed with you if we didn't have those fumbles and Eli just played lights out against our defense like the media portrays it.

Not sure what the bold means, but I think we would have won the SB if we had made it...IMO, we did not make it due to a mistake not lack of talent or having talent - I can't even make that make sense. What do you mean by the bolded part of the italicized comment?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the bold means, but I think we would have won the SB if we had made it...IMO, we did not make it due to a mistake not lack of talent or having talent - I can't even make that make sense. What do you mean by the bolded part of the italicized comment?

+1

I seriously had a bad dream last night reliving the NFC game and the fuck up by KW....

Our freaking Defense played championship caliber only to get fucked by one return man 2x....

and yes, we could've beaten these pats..... which makes this much more depressing!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Haloti Ngata? Demarcus Ware?

Too funny, the one player I stacked my opinion up against before I posted it was Ware - That said, however, I would dump Brooks for Ware. I know, kind of a 'duh' statement there - right?

As for Haloti, I don't see him as a DE or an OLB, but as a NT and I would keep Sop over Ngata seven days a week.

I am pretty happy with our defense - there is not much I would change.

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dude, you're not making any sense to me. Didn't we already cover that the Niners have the best roster in the league short of maybe a QB and a receiver or two???

The Saints don't have a good D. Their offense is great, yes. Very balanced offensive attack. But no D. The Packers also have a good offense but it's one dimensional and have no D. The Pats have no D. The Giants D is OK but not nearly as good as ours. The Ravens D is excellent but no offense... kinda like us.

A quarterback alone doesn't make the team. The QB is ONE PLAYER in a team sport. Alex did almost everything he needed to. But there were some glaring holes in his game. I hate to say it cuz I like Alex, but we need to upgrade.

The receiving corp sucks too. Crabs is a bust. We could totally scrap the receiving corp and start over but we probably won't.

The TEAM has a great roster and coaching staff. Better than every other team in the league. We SHOULD be going to the SB THIS year. But stuff happens. And we're not. Maybe next year.
:deadhorse: