• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I tHink Fsu made a point

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone but you has known how good Clemson was. Your opinion is not really based in facts. Which none really are because they are subjective. Clemson is a good team whether you believe it or not. They just met up with a team that seemed to want it 1000% more tonight.

Did I SAY Clemson was a bad team? No.

I'm simply stating we don't know how good they are. Why? Because the Georgia win has become irrelevant and they got steamrolled by FSU. Those are ... indeed ... facts.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess FSU-Bama NCG

Too early for that talk. We still have 2 rivalry games with Miami and FL. Yes I know FL has three loses, but I will never take that game likely due to the 2004 game at Doak when UF was under fucking Ron Zook and beat FSU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm simply stating we don't know how good they are. Why? Because the Georgia win has become irrelevant and they got steamrolled by FSU. Those are ... indeed ... facts.

If you're going to use that logic, do we know how good Ohio State is then? No we don't.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they sure did..

imo made themselves look like the second best team in THE land, MAYBE THE BEST.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to use that logic, do we know how good Ohio State is then? No we don't.

We don't know how good they are. But they haven't lost and certainly haven't been steamrolled. That sorta ... kinda ... MATTERS.

Why do you keep injecting Ohio State into a comment I made sbout another team? Just because I'm an Ohio State fan? That doesn't exactly refute my comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT CLEMSON isn't JUST a good team. they are a REALLY GOOD TEAM. THEYVE PROVED IT THE LAST TWO YEARS.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In your opinion the UGA win is irrelevant. When in FACT that cannot be proven as a fact. That is all I am saying. Your opinion is yours and cannot be proven as a fact.

Again playing a top 5 team the first game of the year is something to hang your hat on. FSU/Miami did it for years. One of the toughest games of the year on the very first weekend. That is something to brag about even if the losing team turns out to have 4 loses at the end of the year.

The one thing people are forgetting is that the SEC is cannibalizing itself this year with every top team besides Bama having 2 loses. I am not forgetting Mizzou, but they are not a perennial top SEC team like Bama, LSU, UF, and so on. Let the season play out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know how good they are. But they haven't lost and certainly haven't been steamrolled. That sorta ... kinda ... MATTERS.

Why do you keep injecting Ohio State into an argument I make about another team?

I'm not arguing Clemson and Ohio State here. You're trying to diminish FSU's accomplishment based on the fact they destroyed Clemson, which is fine, although I disagree. And by that statement you're questioning what FSU has accomplished this season, through association. I'm saying if that's the case what has Ohio state done?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UGA win is irrelevant. Georgia is decimated with injuries. So no one will ever know how good Georgia would or wouldn't have been the rest of the way.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing Clemson and Ohio State here. You're trying to diminish FSU's accomplishment based on the fact they destroyed Clemson, which is fine, although I disagree. And by that statement you're questioning what FSU has accomplished this season, through association. I'm saying if that's the case what has Ohio state done?

Where did I EVEN ATTEMPT to diminish FSU's accomplishment? Exactly WHAT did I say that would conclude to you that I am in some way ... shape ... or form trying to diss FSU?

For the love of fucking god people get so defensive on college football message boards.

I simply made an observation about Clemson. NOT FSU ... Clemson. I never even mentioned FSU in my posts for shit sakes ....

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UGA win is irrelevant. Georgia is decimated with injuries. So no one will ever know how good Georgia would or wouldn't have been the rest of the way.

With a little bit of logic you can. All you have to do is look at the pts. per game before the Mizzou game and now. Had they had At minimum Gurley they would not have lost to Mizzou most likely(key part). And they sure would not have lost today to Vandy.

BEFORE UT and the last of the injuries. 39.8 pts per game. AFTER UT 26.5 pts per game. 12.3 pts per game difference. That is a lot.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I EVEN ATTEMPT to diminish FSU's accomplishment? Exactly WHAT did I say that would conclude to you that I am in some way ... shape ... or form trying to diss FSU?

For the love of fucking god people get so defensive on college football message boards.

I simply made an observation about Clemson. NOT FSU ... Clemson. I never even mentioned FSU in my posts for shit sakes ....

By mentioning the fact of how good Clemson is IMO. They were ranked 3rd for christ sakes mid way through they season.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone is jelly.

SugarfreeGrapeJelly.jpg

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't taking anything away from FSU. I was just making an observation about Clemson.

This was a good win for FSU, I would never say otherwise (unless Clemson tanks the rest of the season).

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't taking anything away from FSU. I was just making an observation about Clemson.

I am not thinking you are taking anything away from FSU. I was just trying to show you how those injuries for UGA are not just your run of the mill 1 or 2 players being injured, but basically the entire offense.

If someone else is taking it that way who cares they are not an FSU fan anywho.

:whistle:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was a good win for FSU, I would never say otherwise (unless Clemson tanks the rest of the season).

Fair enought and :agree:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is jelly.

SugarfreeGrapeJelly.jpg

That doesn't even make sense. :scratch:

No one who matters even cares about the Georgia win at this point. You'll see that reflected in the updated polls.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not thinking you are taking anything away from FSU. I was just trying to show you how those injuries for UGA are not just your run of the mill 1 or 2 players being injured, but basically the entire offense.

If someone else is taking it that way who cares they are not an FSU fan anywho.

:whistle:

I know how those injuries affected Georgia. The problem is, the pollsters aren't going to sit there and pretend Georgia is still a one loss team ... just because they are decimated by injuries. No one who matters (pollsters, computers, etc) are going to respect Georgia due to them dropping games.

THAT is why the win has become meaningless.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how those injuries affected Georgia. The problem is, the pollsters aren't going to sit there and pretend Georgia is still a one loss team ... just because they are decimated by injuries. No one who matters (pollsters, computers, etc) are going to respect Georgia due to them dropping games.

THAT is why the win has become meaningless.

The computers will still respect them. Given the schedule UGA has played I'd expect them to still be around 30ish or so.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The computers will still respect them. Given the schedule UGA has played I'd expect them to still be around 30ish or so.

Provided they win out .... probably. I don't think Georgia is done losing though.