• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Teemu Selanne were to tell the Ducks he wanted one more shot at the cup would you want your team to acquire him? What do you think it would take to get him?

The return the Ducks get for Selanne if he's moved won't be nearly what he's worth. There is a lot of mutual respect between Murray and Selanne and Murray will honor Selanne's wishes no matter what the return. It's entirely up to Teemu where he'd go and that list likely won't be more than 2 or 3 teams, if that, so there won't be a bidding war for him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The return the Ducks get for Selanne if he's moved won't be nearly what he's worth. There is a lot of mutual respect between Murray and Selanne and Murray will honor Selanne's wishes no matter what the return. It's entirely up to Teemu where he'd go and that list likely won't be more than 2 or 3 teams, if that, so there won't be a bidding war for him.

I know the Ducks organization wants Teemu to retire a Duck & I'm sure when all is said & done he will. If what you say is true Teemu should tell Murray I WANT TO GO TO THE BOSTON BRUINS!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Teemu were to be traded it'd be to a Western team just because of the distance. Then again, if he goes to a Western contender it's going to be a rival. I'd say maybe he'd want to go to a team with other Finns...but really the other big Finn in the league is on his team. Soooo...as far as what the return would be? B-level prospect 2 mid-level draft picks or one 1st rounder.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Teemu were to be traded it'd be to a Western team just because of the distance. Then again, if he goes to a Western contender it's going to be a rival. I'd say maybe he'd want to go to a team with other Finns...but really the other big Finn in the league is on his team. Soooo...as far as what the return would be? B-level prospect 2 mid-level draft picks or one 1st rounder.

Come on you know he'd be great on the Pens. Imagine Teemu on a line with Malkin or Crosby.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on you know he'd be great on the Pens. Imagine Teemu on a line with Malkin or Crosby.

Not saying I don't dream of that...but it's rather unlikely. Just too far away geographically...but a;sldkjfal;skdjf;oaiwefoaweqpeoinbals;dfjalskdjf<---thoughts of him on Geno's line right now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, now I'm in a conundrum of who I should covet more....Iggy or Teemu. And don't tell me I'm a dreamer (cause I'm notttt the onllly one...), because in '08 my outlandish birthday wish came TRUE DARNIT!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm him it's an easy one. Cup or bust.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying I don't dream of that...but it's rather unlikely. Just too far away geographically...but a;sldkjfal;skdjf;oaiwefoaweqpeoinbals;dfjalskdjf<---thoughts of him on Geno's line right now.

I'd take Selanne in a heartbeat. It is exactly what the Pens need... A right-handed shot/right winger that could be plugged in with Sid if/when he returns. That way the line of Kunitz-Malkin-Neal could be kept intact.

However, Selanne is currently making 4.0 million. Obviously, the Pens wouldn't be on the hook for even half of that, but they still probably couldn't afford to add him, unless they're sending a NHL position player to SoCal, in return.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Selanne in a heartbeat. It is exactly what the Pens need... A right-handed shot/right winger that could be plugged in with Sid if/when he returns. That way the line of Kunitz-Malkin-Neal could be kept intact.

However, Selanne is currently making 4.0 million. Obviously, the Pens wouldn't be on the hook for even half of that, but they still probably couldn't afford to add him, unless they're sending a NHL position player to SoCal, in return.

capgeek shows Pitt as having potentially just over 5 mill in cap room at the trade deadline ... crosby LTIR :noidea:

I could see Selanne agreeing to go to the Kings or San Jose ... maybe even Winnipeg

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Kings, it hardly Seems worth trying to salvage the season with a trade.
Seems the next four games may very well determine LA’s fate unless the entire bottom of the Western Conference slumps.

Trade or not I don’t see this team jelling this season. ..or next. After the preseason and first four games it was clear that no one had any idea how to put together the pieces. The right personal and chemistry has been missing from day one. None of the offensive players seem to naturally fit with one another.

Its going to take more then one trade to put this team on track for next season, much less this season. Funny, but other then Penner what was so wrong with last year’s Kings team that required dropping Handzus and adding Moreau and Hunter?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just want Feaster to stand pat at the deadline and see if this group can somehow squeak into a playoff position (I doubt that will happen). And for the love of God, hold onto any and all high draft picks.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pens have the room to pick up a decent amount because of our LTIR situation. I still don't know how the capgeek number jumped so much though...it was at like 14 million one day, then jumped down to 5.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just want Feaster to stand pat at the deadline and see if this group can somehow squeak into a playoff position (I doubt that will happen). And for the love of God, hold onto any and all high draft picks.

Well Feaster has already traded the Flames 2nd round picks in 2012 & 2013. At least he's held on to the 1st round picks though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody know how much the kings would want (aside from a forward) for jack johnson?

flyers are rumored to be interested, but i dont know what they'd give up for him.. i'm hoping a 2nd and a mid-level prospect would do it.. but i'm not confident

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ has been rumored to be moving every year since he's been in LAK...