• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hope Our Defense

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our defense isn't suspect against the run Monday night because we want to have Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jenkins and Tapp on the field at the same time on Monday night..I just hope our guys are ready for the Eagles up tempo offense.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our defense isn't suspect against the run Monday night because we want to have Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jenkins and Tapp on the field at the same time on Monday night..I just hope our guys are ready for the Eagles up tempo offense.

They will be ready. Remember one thing: Michael Vick is the QB and he handles the ball each and every play. That means he won't be able to march them up and down the field.

This is the NFL, not college. And while people said that about the zone read and the Redskins, Niners, and 'Hawks proved them wrong, they one thing they all had in common is they all had good passers. Vick is not.

I don't think they will be using the "swift" package all the time. Remember what D. Hall said, when Oregon played SEC teams, they didn't look so hot. This is the NFL.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be very interesting to see whos inactive for this game....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick is just a streaky passer, and our secondary has yet to be tested... I think he can be very dangerous

HailYeah21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More worried about McCoy than anything. He should be the focus

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be ready. Remember one thing: Michael Vick is the QB and he handles the ball each and every play. That means he won't be able to march them up and down the field.

This is the NFL, not college. And while people said that about the zone read and the Redskins, Niners, and 'Hawks proved them wrong, they one thing they all had in common is they all had good passers. Vick is not.

I don't think they will be using the "swift" package all the time. Remember what D. Hall said, when Oregon played SEC teams, they didn't look so hot. This is the NFL.

Vick scares the bejesus out of me. The Skins have always struggled with mobile QBs. Chip Kelly's offense may not work long term, but being the first NFL team to see the live version is a pretty large disadvantage. Hopefully Vick makes a couple mistakes that allow the Skins to take control, but expect him to make plenty of big plays too.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick scares the bejesus out of me. The Skins have always struggled with mobile QBs. Chip Kelly's offense may not work long term, but being the first NFL team to see the live version is a pretty large disadvantage. Hopefully Vick makes a couple mistakes that allow the Skins to take control, but expect him to make plenty of big plays too.

Why?

Do you guys remember how Vick was last year? He reverted back to his old self. The defense is improved from last year if not anything but just having Orakpo back and more depth at safety.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must stop McCoy. He is there main weapon. If he beats us its on haslett. McCoy should be the #1 focus on who to stop. We should at least get 2 turnovers from this team b/c of there style of play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Do you guys remember how Vick was last year? He reverted back to his old self. The defense is improved from last year if not anything but just having Orakpo back and more depth at safety.

Preseason means nothing, but Vick looked awfully confident and awfully good. Kelly's offense is a better fit for Vick's skills than Reid's ever was. I still vividly remember that Monday night game 3 years ago when Vick absolutely torched us. I think the 2013 version of Vick will look a lot more like 2010 than 2012.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a division game with A team with new wrinkles on O but a D that may suck big time right out of the gate which is a bit worry some to start because no one knows what to expect. Any given "Monday" anyone can beat anyone in this league. With that said would I be shocked in the eagles win? No. do I think the skins will win? Yes. I'm looking at it like this, shanny/haslett has known this matchup week 1 for months and has probably watched every play chips ever ran as a duck. I don't think the eagles are going to take them by surprise. If the D is in shape and steady and can hold them to 21 pts I don't see the eagles holding the skins to under 27 so the closer to gameday gets I'm feeling less apprehensive.
HTTR

HailYeah21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a division game with A team with new wrinkles on O but a D that may suck big time right out of the gate which is a bit worry some to start because no one knows what to expect. Any given "Monday" anyone can beat anyone in this league. With that said would I be shocked in the eagles win? No. do I think the skins will win? Yes. I'm looking at it like this, shanny/haslett has known this matchup week 1 for months and has probably watched every play chips ever ran as a duck. I don't think the eagles are going to take them by surprise. If the D is in shape and steady and can hold them to 21 pts I don't see the eagles holding the skins to under 27 so the closer to gameday gets I'm feeling less apprehensive.
HTTR

im the opposite man... closer we get to gameday the more nervous i get. monday night need to be here meow!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im the opposite man... closer we get to gameday the more nervous i get. monday night need to be here meow!
I live 1 1/2 hours west of Philly and I get eagles news 24/7 and I'm telling you that it's a disfunctional team. Vick has stated the young kids aren't listening to him, Cary Williams fighting his teammates and coaches(2 different coaches) I know everyone is excited to see this all out speed wide open Offense but its gonna take a while to click. I was like you and worried as hell about them week 1 but as preseason has progressed not so much anymore. Their Defense is going to Suck! Skins should be able to run the ball at about a 5 YPC clip and keep the clock. I root against the eagles more than any other team in the league and I'm looking forward to the skins kicking their ass in prime time.

There are alot of X factors in the game but I'll take shanahan over the rookie anyday.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 2013 version of Vick will look a lot more like 2010 than 2012.

That's what I don't understand. Most of Vick's career has not been very good - more like 2012. Why would a sliver of a season in 2010 make you think he would play more like he did in 2012?

Everywhere I read, says that the offense DOESN'T play to his strengths because he has to make quick decisions, make good reads, and be accurate - that's not Vick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I don't understand. Most of Vick's career has not been very good - more like 2012. Why would a sliver of a season in 2010 make you think he would play more like he did in 2012?

Everywhere I read, says that the offense DOESN'T play to his strengths because he has to make quick decisions, make good reads, and be accurate - that's not Vick.

I think it is misleading to say that most of Vick's career hasn't been very good. He has not been a very efficient passer, but he has led his teams to victories (obviously not the last 2 years). He does not have to complete 60% of his passes to gash a defense because of his big play ability and his legs. The last two years he has played tentatively and without passion. It seems like Chip Kelly has brought the passion back. If it lasts through the dysfunction, Vick is as dangerous as any QB out there.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys better be able to slow the run game this year. If not, with that dbackfield, it's going to take a track meet for you to win on Sunday's

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys better be able to slow the run game this year. If not, with that dbackfield, it's going to take a track meet for you to win on Sunday's

You do realize we were 5th in the league in run defense last year right?? That wasnt our issue. Pass rush and defending the deep ball were. Pass rush looks improved thus far, defending the deep ball, we shall see. But we never lacked the ability to stop the run.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like last year PeeUDays? 5th in the league against the run without Orakpo and Carriker doesn't count for "slow the run game" in your book? This Redskins TEAM has one of the better front 7 in the entire league...FACT.

You have FAILED again...like I said, "sit down, and be quiet before you get schooled again."

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize we were 5th in the league in run defense last year right?? That wasnt our issue. Pass rush and defending the deep ball were. Pass rush looks improved thus far, defending the deep ball, we shall see. But we never lacked the ability to stop the run.

Shark, don't discuss FACTS with PeeUDay. He likes...as he regularly says of others "point fingers" and wave his, not the Cowboys "pom poms". Such a hypocrite.

He is, what he is...no substance, and all bull shit.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defensive backfield is BETTER this year than last year and we are stronger up front. How could we do worse?

Track meet? You really think a scheme change is going to do a complete turn around of that offense from last year to this year with entire new coaching staff?

:L:L:L:L

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Dallas was ranked much lower stopping the run than the Redskins were.