• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Moss is gone for good

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J don't want Moss back either. The guy is pretty much useless. I don't want our #2 receiver to be a decoy I want him to be a threat.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ball looked way high. He would've had to be Dwight Howard to get a finger on it. That said, I think Moss is gone. He seemed pretty useless this season. I'm sure there's someone out there who for a reasonable price who can stretch the field for the Niners as good or better than Moss next season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Baalke, but signing Moss was stupid.

I disagree. Signing Moss was a low cost, low risk, high reward proposition that paid decent to very good dividends - perhaps in ways you are unable to recognize or appreciate.

I wanted to bring Moss back (on the cheap) for another season but after watching the Super Bowl twice now - I'm ready to move on from Moss along with some others.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J don't want Moss back either. The guy is pretty much useless. I don't want our #2 receiver to be a decoy I want him to be a threat.

To be fair, Moss was really the #3/#4. I think it was a nod to his seniority to have him as the "#2"

Only injuries to Manningham and Kyle Williams forced the niners to rely on him as the #2

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Moss was really the #3/#4. I think it was a nod to his seniority to have him as the "#2"

Only injuries to Manningham and Kyle Williams forced the niners to rely on him as the #2

He started games and played #2 receiver. KW played more slot when he came in and Manningham the #3 guy. When Moss was the true #2 he completely folded.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Signing Moss was a low cost, low risk, high reward proposition that paid decent to very good dividends - perhaps in ways you are unable to recognize or appreciate.

I wanted to bring Moss back (on the cheap) for another season but after watching the Super Bowl twice now - I'm ready to move on from Moss along with some others.

This! Bem, you nailed it on this one. How could you honestly say that 2 mil for a bonafide deep threat with HOF credentials was not a good signing by Baalke?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started games and played #2 receiver. KW played more slot when he came in and Manningham the #3 guy. When Moss was the true #2 he completely folded.

Sure, it's just that in reality he was probably the #4 receiving option, designed for stretching the defense.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! Bem, you nailed it on this one. How could you honestly say that 2 mil for a bonafide deep threat with HOF credentials was not a good signing by Baalke?

Yep, agreed.

2 mil for the mentor ship and "threat" of the deep pass was worth it.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How so? It's easy to say that now. But without moss we would if been left with AJJ and he did squat. Yes moss could have made s better effort to catch the ball on the int. But he played well when called upon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DHB could be that guy if he gets cut.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BINGO u think DHB hands have go any better? We already have Ginn & he cnt catch either. Just want ur view on it, Bcuz ur real. & thts wat I love about alot of u guys. Not just knee jerk reactions.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BINGO u think DHB hands have go any better? We already have Ginn & he cnt catch either. Just want ur view on it, Bcuz ur real. & thts wat I love about alot of u guys. Not just knee jerk reactions.

With DHB, he would be our 3rd receiving target behind Davis and Crabtree. At most, he'd receive no more than 5 passes thrown his direction on any given game. That's not a lot but the impact that would make on our team (safeties really backing up respecting his deep speed) would be invaluable. I think it would be a cheap signing too, much, much cheaper than Mike Wallace. BTW, I think DHB has better hands than Ginn. At least with DHB, he's able to do some funky things with the ball in his hands on offense. He's much more physical and attacks the ball better and puts more effort going across the middle. I think he with his skill set, and a #2 role in our offense, the change of scenery would be a match made in heaven for both parties. He's not going to cry about not seeing enough opportunities (clearly we have our top two targets already, he just has to buy in his role as being there once in a blue when called upon). Again, he'd come cheap and provide us with enough cap space to work a special deal to attain a player like Revis.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
DHB could be that guy if he gets cut.

Hell yes! Sign him if he's cut! If there's anywhere to go that will make you look worse than you really are it's Oakland.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of it is Kaepernick though and his obsession with Crabtree. Moss has a history of dogging it after being open 3 or 4 times and not getting the ball.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the WR talk, is there any chance the niners could package something for Percy Harvin? I know he's coming off injury but the guy is tough as nails.

I imagine the price would be pretty steep but he can return kicks too

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With all the WR talk, is there any chance the niners could package something for Percy Harvin? I know he's coming off injury but the guy is tough as nails.

I imagine the price would be pretty steep but he can return kicks too

I haven't heard anything indicating the Vikings would trade him.