• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Kaep is taking notes...

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont know if it should take away from the fact or not but Brady's wife makes like 25 mil a year

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I doubt Brady is giving any money away here.....just probably taking more on the back end to help the team in the present.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tom Brady, New England Patriots agree on three-year extension - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

14 million a year is more than enough money for anyone. add in the endorsements you get for being the quarterback on a loaded team and the image of being a loyal guy...this should be Colin's approach to his career. I hope championships and making the Hall of Fame are more important to Colin than making 20 million a year!

Brady has already made his money and Colin has not. I don't think these are really comparable situations.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Brady has already made his money and Colin has not. I don't think these are really comparable situations.

:agree:

Brady was the highest paid player at one point so it's not like he didn't grab his money when he had a chance.

Also this extension wasn't a bad move on his part because he's cashing in at the right moment. Despite his gaudy regular season numbers he's actually on the down slope of his career and if waited till the end of his current deal he might not have been able to make as much as he is now with this new extension.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, this is more like Steve Young changing his deal in 97 and 98 to help the front office keep young guys and bring in new guys to make a push for a final Super Bowl

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady, New England Patriots agree on three-year extension - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

14 million a year is more than enough money for anyone. add in the endorsements you get for being the quarterback on a loaded team and the image of being a loyal guy...this should be Colin's approach to his career. I hope championships and making the Hall of Fame are more important to Colin than making 20 million a year!

20 million/year will probably be a bargain by the time Kaep hits his prime. I'm hoping that the Niners do pay him that much in the future because that would mean that Kaep has made it as one of the top players in the league. By that time, the salary cap will have risen and the Niners will be flush with cash after moving into their new stadium. Kaep loves the fact that he plays for the Niners, so he might give us a hometown discount, but I don't think it's necessary for us to be successful.

BTW, Tom Rathman was of one of my favorites growing up. Nice avatar!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by taking basically 10 mil a year less, thats a couple extra key players at least

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could anyone explain to me how incentives in contracts work in relation to the cap? I know there's a distinction between likely to be earned and not, but what if they signed Brady to the 9 million per year contract with a 11 million bonus if he won the Super Bowl - making him the highest paid QB if he wins. (I know not financially possible or smart.) Would that 11 million be then applied to the next year? (Assuming that this can't be categorized as likely to be earned. I think if it's likely to be earned, it applies to the current year and thus can only be given if they have room - or better stated, takes room immediately.)

Conversely, could a team make it if he wins the SB, the following year's salary is increased? I realize that would be a conflict of interest in winning, but worth winning the SB. Not that Brady wouldn't try to win without it. Is there a limit on SB incentives besides common sense? (In other words, I wouldn't do this, but was wondering the capability of it.)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard estimates that their combined net worth is somewhere between 250 and 450 million dollars. They will continue to make plenty of dollars the next few years and he can endorse stuff for years after his retirement (watches, cars, clothes, etc). Not a lot of coupon clipping is going on at the Brady household.