• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I heard the Rivals message board is back up

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sagarin / the polls don't always get it right, but certainly more than subjective forum posters like yourself.

What teams do you think are better than Michigan? Don't be shy.

Let's say tOSU blows Wisconsin out next week. Would your opinion of the Michigan/Houston discussion change at all?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say that was unreasonable?

"Unreasonable" isn't a word we use around here. It implies that there is such a thing called "reasonable"

I just think you're going to fit in really well with the other UM fans. Have you checked out the team board yet?

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say tOSU blows Wisconsin out next week. Would your opinion of the Michigan/Houston discussion change at all?

No? I think Michigan has more talent than Houston and nothing Houston or Michigan have done has convinced me I'm unquestionably wrong, yet. Ohio St. beating Wisconsin doesn't change the talent level between Houston and Michigan. Weird question.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Unreasonable" isn't a word we use around here. It implies that there is such a thing called "reasonable"

I just think you're going to fit in really well with the other UM fans. Have you checked out the team board yet?

I didn't think so. There was nothing unreasonable about my post. Move along.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No? I think Michigan has more talent than Houston and nothing Houston or Michigan have done has convinced me I'm unquestionably wrong, yet. Ohio St. beating Wisconsin doesn't change the talent level between Houston and Michigan. Weird question.

tumblr_o183eg7Okh1tjydheo3_500.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sagarin / the polls don't always get it right, but certainly more than subjective forum posters like yourself.

What teams do you think are better than Michigan? Don't be shy.
First off, Sagarin is trash. His end of the year rankings are as SEC-slanted as anything I've ever seen. It also take him a couple of months to stop using his previous-year bias.

Secondly, on a neutral field, I'd take OSU, Bama, Louisville, Clemson, and Washington straight up with no hesitance, and I think Houston, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Wisconsin would be about neck and neck, if not winning outright. michigan is talented but they have real issues.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Sagarin is trash. His end of the year rankings are as SEC-slanted as anything I've ever seen. It also take him a couple of months to stop using his previous-year bias.

Secondly, on a neutral field, I'd take OSU, Bama, Louisville, Clemson, and Washington straight up with no hesitance, and I think Houston, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Wisconsin would be about neck and neck, if not winning outright. michigan is talented but they have real issues.

Ok, so that's 5 with no hesitance. 6th at the very best. Then 5 "neck and neck" teams.

Bet me on end of the season rankings? If Michigan finishes in the top 8, I win. Outside of the top 8, you win.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take anyone in the top 15 over Ohio State and their 6 returning starters. Shut down JT and OSU is done.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Clemson struggles with Troy, winning by 6 points*

*Michigan beats Wisconsin by 7*

"I'll take Clemson without question over Michigan because Michigan struggled with Wisconsin." - Ohio St. fans.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK WOW LOL Wayyyy too many LSU fans with this influx.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so that's 5 with no hesitance. 6th at the very best. Then 5 "neck and neck" teams.

Bet me on end of the season rankings? If Michigan finishes in the top 8, I win. Outside of the top 8, you win.
Hell no. They have one real challenge left on their schedule, and that's OSU. They're going to roll Sparty and Iowa. If they lose to OSU, they'll end up in the Rose against Stanford, whom they'll beat. If they beat OSU and make the CFP, there's no chance they fall out of the top 8. It's basically locked in for them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take anyone in the top 15 over Ohio State and their 6 returning starters. Shut down JT and OSU is done.
That's like trying to stop Harbaugh from sleeping with recruits. Can't be done!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Clemson struggles with Troy, winning by 6 points*

*Michigan beats Wisconsin by 7*

"I'll take Clemson without question over Michigan because Michigan struggled with Wisconsin." - Ohio St. fans.

Well, luckily for us, objective rankings (AP and Coaches poll) are all in agreement that Clemson > Michigan.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. They have one real challenge left on their schedule, and that's OSU. They're going to roll Sparty and Iowa. If they lose to OSU, they'll end up in the Rose against Stanford, whom they'll beat. If they beat OSU and make the CFP, there's no chance they fall out of the top 8. It's basically locked in for them.

We'll make a stipulation that the bet is nullified if Michigan and Stanford face each other in the Rose Bowl. How's that?