• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have a bad feeling about our defense against Roethlisberger

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game tonight, if we can't get to him consistently, he will just wait and wait and eventually find his receivers.

I am kinda surprised we are favored by a point on the road.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate playing desperate teams.

I really wanted Pitt to win tonight.

Their going to be playing to save their season, and that crowd is going to be fired up for primetime. I don't like it.

They have a patchwork offensive line right now, we better get to Big Ben.

The only reason I feel kind of confident is, if our offense plays even just decent, we should win. The Steelers offense couldn't execute anything tonight. They've scored 19 points in two games.

If Cutler throws an INT early on, he can't let the game get away from him. He has to keep his cool.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate playing desperate teams.

I really wanted Pitt to win tonight.

Their going to be playing to save their season, and that crowd is going to be fired up for primetime. I don't like it.

They have a patchwork offensive line right now, we better get to Big Ben.

The only reason I feel kind of confident is, if our offense plays even just decent, we should win. The Steelers offense couldn't execute anything tonight. They've scored 19 points in two games.

If Cutler throws an INT early on, he can't let the game get away from him. He has to keep his cool.
Even if we get to him, you think 1 guy can bring that beast down? Cincy's best 2 pass rushers got to him, and had a hard time bringing him down. :lol: Fuck it, just send the whole front 7 at em, and mabey a safety. :lol:Again.
Just think it's going to come down to mistakes. Whoever makes the least wins.
Pitt. didn't even try to run the ball vs Cincy ( From what I saw, missed most of the 1rst half ).
So our DBs are going to have a hell of game to come out w/ a W.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to be desperate and pissed off next week. atch intensity early, and we can beat them though. Wont be easy, but i expected a slow start from our boys this season, with the new offense. So either way if we lose, im still ok with 2 and 1 at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we get to him, you think 1 guy can bring that beast down? Cincy's best 2 pass rushers got to him, and had a hard time bringing him down. :lol: Fuck it, just send the whole front 7 at em, and mabey a safety. :lol:Again.
Just think it's going to come down to mistakes. Whoever makes the least wins.
Pitt. didn't even try to run the ball vs Cincy ( From what I saw, missed most of the 1rst half ).
So our DBs are going to have a hell of game to come out w/ a W.

Well, they don't run the ball for good reason. They have a patchwork O-line, and uh... their starting running back is Felix Jones. lol

I also wouldn't say the DB's need to have a hell of a game. Pittsburgh WR's aren't exactly anything to be afraid of. We've already beat far better. Jennings and Tillman are EASILY good enough to shut down Brown and Cotchery/Sanders.

Not to mention, have you seen the way Big Ben has thrown the ball lately? Eww... That offense is a mess.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they don't run the ball for good reason. They have a patchwork O-line, and uh... their starting running back is Felix Jones. lol

I also wouldn't say the DB's need to have a hell of a game. Pittsburgh WR's aren't exactly anything to be afraid of. We've already beat far better. Jennings and Tillman are EASILY good enough to shut down Brown and Cotchery/Sanders.

Not to mention, have you seen the way Big Ben has thrown the ball lately? Eww... That offense is a mess.

Just sayin Big Ben has a knack of avoiding the rush, Thus giving his WRs time to get open.
And they made some plays on Cincy. Evidentally not enough.
And yeah I saw some poor passes made by Ben. But I also saw a few incredible throws.
The guy didn't win 2 super bowls by being bad.
Just don't think this is a sure game. Pit. still has a decent D, Ben , and good coaching staff. And they are winless after 2 games. And we're playing in their house.
Just think we'll have to earn a W.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they dont have a patchwork line, they have a young line filled with first and second rounders. kinda like our right side.

All I know is if Peppers has some illness or disease, just make him inactive and put a strong body out there. They will have an extra second or four with Big Ben holding the ball, but if Peppers is not well, just make him inactive. I cannot believe a healthy player out there would still not be better than Peppers. We need peppers healthy at the end of the season and playoffs. Ben should be sacked at least 6 times, hit a dozen this week. I guess we see if the steelers get a running back signed this week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they dont have a patchwork line, they have a young line filled with first and second rounders. kinda like our right side.

All I know is if Peppers has some illness or disease, just make him inactive and put a strong body out there. They will have an extra second or four with Big Ben holding the ball, but if Peppers is not well, just make him inactive. I cannot believe a healthy player out there would still not be better than Peppers. We need peppers healthy at the end of the season and playoffs. Ben should be sacked at least 6 times, hit a dozen this week. I guess we see if the steelers get a running back signed this week.

:L

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a heck of a fight. I am looking forward to it. But very nervous as well. Anotheridiot, disease? really? geez!

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to that rookie the Bears stole from the Raiders practice squad? Would be interesting to see how he does in a series or 2 at the start of a game. Especially if Pep is hurt or sick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, injuries have them starting guys they got off of the street last week.

The guy starting in place of Mike Pouncey was unemployed a week ago.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to that rookie the Bears stole from the Raiders practice squad? Would be interesting to see how he does in a series or 2 at the start of a game. Especially if Pep is hurt or sick.

According to the Bears depth chart, Bass is Pep's BU. So I guess he was active .
I expect Pep to be over the flue by Sunday. But if they say it's still bothering him, I'd guess it's his hamstring.
I'd also like to see what the kid can do for series or 2.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm...they have a patchwork O line. They traded during the preseason to get Felix Jones. They dont have Wallace anymore. So, theyve lost talent, which can allow for matchup advantages. However, as been correctly pointed out they are a bit desperate, and that will make them more capable than what has been shown.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will sound homerish, but "hear" me out:

I think the Bears win this one, and they win big. This team is improving week-by-week. Remember too that the Bears offense is a new scheme and players are just beginning to feel comfortable and confident. In the two games prior we have seen flashes of things to come; I really don't believe 4rth quarter comebacks should be the expectations.

The Steelers have problems on the OLine (it feels strange typing that), and I expect a good day from the D. I realize the Steelers will be fighting to save their season, but they are playing the wrong team at the wrong time. The Bears have plenty to prove to themselves, and this will be the stage to do it.

My prediction is 38-13 Bears.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will sound homerish, but "hear" me out:

I think the Bears win this one, and they win big. This team is improving week-by-week. Remember too that the Bears offense is a new scheme and players are just beginning to feel comfortable and confident. In the two games prior we have seen flashes of things to come; I really don't believe 4rth quarter comebacks should be the expectations.

The Steelers have problems on the OLine (it feels strange typing that), and I expect a good day from the D. I realize the Steelers will be fighting to save their season, but they are playing the wrong team at the wrong time. The Bears have plenty to prove to themselves, and this will be the stage to do it.

My prediction is 38-13 Bears.

That would be great. I agree the Bears arent happy with aspects of their play, and will want to prove something as well.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be great. I agree the Bears arent happy with aspects of their play, and will want to prove something as well.

Hi BLH :yahoo:

I think so too. Maybe I am getting the Noony bug, but I am feeling more and more optimistic about this team.

C

cubzzzfanincali

while I am getting less optimistic on this Bears team, we should win this game handily. Pittsburgh is a team in some trouble. And their ace-in-the-hole on offense, namely Roethlisberger's mobility, seems to be sinking. He looks really stiff this year when he's running.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bonus of pitt not running is we should be able to ramp up our pass rush a bit and give peanut and jennings some help in that are. But i am really looking forward to marshall against taylor as taylor is about as good as there is as a cornerback

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cleveland really hates Pittsburg. You would think the colts are gonna have a lower first round pick than the steelers and really need a running back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I am getting less optimistic on this Bears team, we should win this game handily. Pittsburgh is a team in some trouble. And their ace-in-the-hole on offense, namely Roethlisberger's mobility, seems to be sinking. He looks really stiff this year when he's running.

Less optimistic? What's that about Cali? Lack of pass rush?