• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to be a downer, but our playoff schedule is brutal

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, quite honestly, I have a hard time seeing us winning it all this year. A likely scenario for us:

@ Green Bay
@ Carolina
@ Seattle
vs. Denver

We're already on a 6-game winning streak, and it's going to be TOUGH to maintain that through 9 games against these teams. Factor in the amount of miles we're going to have to travel, and then, if we get through the first two games, we'd have to go up and play IN Seattle, where we've gotten trounced the last couple of times? Yhea, brutal road for us.

And then, IF we manage to get through these 3 teams, we might have to play Peyton Manning and greatest scoring offense of all time in the SB?

Such shitty luck. The good news is, though, IF we do win the SB it will be rightfully earned. I have hard time imagining a tougher road a SB winner had to take.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well aren't u just a party pooper

@green bay
@carolina
vs new orleans
vs denver

doesn't look so bad

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Niners get by Green Bay they would play Seattle in the next round, no way New Orleans beats Philly.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Niners get by Green Bay they would play Seattle in the next round, no way New Orleans beats Philly.

Yeah, @Carolina and @Seattle can be switched.

Which is kinda worse, because the 49ers would have to travel to Wisconsin, then back to the Northwest, and then back to the far East. And we'd have to play back-to-back top 3 defenses in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think philly is very good. brees should be able to torch them.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can hope. I'd much rather go @Philly than @Carolina.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philly is bad in all weather

someone had to win from nfc east.

That offense could cause some teams problems. If I was a Niners fan i'd rather play Carolina.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The miles traveled will be ridiculous. If the saints can beat the eagles and we beat GB, then we have to face the panthers. If that's what happens, maybe we should just go to Youngstown in between.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know I think the Niners match up very good against Carolina

I disagree. Cam Newton would give us more trouble than Foles on defense, IMO, and on offense, we'll be able to move the ball easier than we would against Carolina. I'm much more comfortable pinning Gore/Hunter against the Philly front four, and they don't have anyone on defense that can match up with Davis.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense could cause some teams problems. If I was a Niners fan i'd rather play Carolina.

Philly isn't the type of offense that gives this team problems. We feast on finesse offenses.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Cam Newton would give us more trouble than Foles on defense, IMO, and on offense, we'll be able to move the ball easier than we would against Carolina. I'm much more comfortable pinning Gore/Hunter against the Philly front four, and they don't have anyone on defense that can match up with Davis.

Problem is not just Foles who has been very good, it's McCoy and Jackson as well. The Panthers have almost no running game aside from Newton. I respect your opinion but if I was a Niners fan i'd much rather play against the Panthers and have to only face one player who can beat me than play Philly and play 3 who can.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB has no D and it is even worse without Clay.

We almost beat Carolina with Davis out of the game and no Crabtree. There is no doubt in my mind we win that rematch.

Seattle is the only team that concerns me. Especially since we play there if we make it that far.

This team wouldn't lose the Super Bowl again. Our D can handle Peyton.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is not just Foles who has been very good, it's McCoy and Jackson as well. The Panthers have almost no running game aside from Newton. I respect your opinion but if I was a Niners fan i'd much rather play against the Panthers and have to only face one player who can beat me than play Philly and play 3 who can.

1. In the passing game, I'm confident we'll be able to limit both Newton and Foles. The difference is Newton's escapeability and mobility.

2. In the running game, Mike Tolbert is the type of RB to give us some trouble with some power running inside, and especially situationally. Shady McCoy is an elite RB, but we should be able to limit his production to a point.

3. Luke Kuechly can easily run with Vernon Davis and is a tough match-up in that regard. I wouldn't count on anyone on Philly's defense to do the same. Also Anquan Boldin struggles more against bigger, more physical CBs. Carolina's are more in that line than Philly's.

4. We've played Carolina already, and they've proved to be a tough match for us. And that was at Candlestick.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of random thoughts........

1) It's widely accepted that the NFC West is now the hardest division in football.......and by the way we went 5-1 in our division. This should not be overlooked.

2) This team is battled tested, gritty, and not easily rattled. I'd put our mental toughness up against anyone in the playoff field. It's going to come down to execution.