• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i hate FF

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I play it every year and get so dang invested in my team. EVERY damn week I play my opponent seems to have their players have career games. Very frustrating.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, same here. I have terrible luck when it comes to FF.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play long enough, eventually you have a season where you suck but constantly play teams that have their worst week against you.. it'll happen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played like 6 teams last year to fully experience FF and really give an honest go at it.

That said, it was my first time ever and last time ever. I didn't play this year, don't like that I'm caring more about someone's performance than just watching the game.. just find FF kind of lame.

Anyway, out of my 6 teams here's how they performed (I believe it was 12 games, anything it was something like this):

#1: 10 man team, went like 7-5. Thought it was a mediocre team.
#2: 12 man, went 6-6 if I recall. I thought this was a really good team.
#3: 12 man, went 8-4. I thought this was a good team, and lost in the final matchup in playoffs.
#4: 12 man, went 5-7 and thought this was a bad team.
#5: Can't recall but it was a 10 man, nothing eye opening.
#6: Completely forgot I had the draft, computer auto picked........ 9-3, won the whole thing. *shrugs*

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't like that I'm caring more about someone's performance than just watching the game

That's why I don't play fantasy baseball - I love the game too much (and I tried for one season, many years ago).

But football is designed so badly it's always frustrating - it requires lots of rules dictating who can be where and when, it's as hard to referee as the NBA, and it has too much decided by penalties. I find it more fun and less irritating when I play fantasy - now I see bad calls and silly penalties as just another thing to factor in to probabilities, rather than as an injustice.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I care a lot about individual performances... but I enjoyed the three games I watched yesterday...and enjoyed is an understatement and had nothing to do with fantasy.

Bills vs Pats
Niners vs Packers
Cowboys vs Giants

three incredible games that I enjoyed even though I played Boldin in one of my leagues. :)

Fantasy rocks... Will, I implore you to try baseball again... what a grinder!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the same vein as will's thoughts on caring about performance rather than the game..FF has had the exact opposite effect for me. While I used to only give a damn about my Cowboys, and if they weren't on in my area, I didn't watch football that week. Now, I care about the outcome of virtually every game, every week. Granted many of those games I care more about individual performances more so than the actual game itself...but I'm watching the games, buying the NFL sunday ticket..I'm a bigger fan of the league itself than I ever was before getting into this hobby.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I play it every year and get so dang invested in my team. EVERY damn week I play my opponent seems to have their players have career games. Very frustrating.
We pay out to "the worst luck" owner every year. Guy who has the most total points against at the end of the year gets 50 bucks.