• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Had No Idea Just How Bad of A Shit Show The PAC IS

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know dude Mike Slive was known by everyone, universally respected and the architect of all the big network deals all the P5 minus the PAC enjoy.

The guy was the most powerful person in college football and there really hasn't been a drop off with Swanky.
If you go by SEC rant.. they hated Slive for adding mizzu and aggy. They think they would have had similar payouts anyways and the divisions are jacked now

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now these spoiled brats want to start a unity group?

tenor.gif

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go by SEC rant.. they hated Slive for adding mizzu and aggy. They think they would have had similar payouts anyways and the divisions are jacked now
Those are idiots that understand how the cable packages were designed at the time. Now they have a legit argument but before cord-cutting it was no brainer because you basically got to charge twice as much to everyone in those states for the SEC network.

Getting aTm was a great get and Mizzou really lucked out on that one. If a NC team or a Virginia team wanted to come into the SEC they would expand again but not for anyone else.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point all I can say is that is on you

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are idiots that understand how the cable packages were designed at the time. Now they have a legit argument but before cord-cutting it was no brainer because you basically got to charge twice as much to everyone in those states for the SEC network.

Getting aTm was a great get and Mizzou really lucked out on that one. If a NC team or a Virginia team wanted to come into the SEC they would expand again but not for anyone else.
There are a bunch of teams the SEC would expand for.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a bunch of teams the SEC would expand for.
I honestly don't.. for expansion to be worth it for the SEC, the schools they would invite would have to bring in more value than the conference is getting now.
I think those schools are the following;
Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

That's it. I mean you could make a case for FSU, but would they increase the current payout? Would Clemson?

The three I mentioned.. Their value will increase the pot, and it stays even if they struggle.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't.. for expansion to be worth it for the SEC, the schools they would invite would have to bring in more value than the conference is getting now.
I think those schools are the following;
Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

That's it. I mean you could make a case for FSU, but would they increase the current payout? Would Clemson?

The three I mentioned.. Their value will increase the pot, and it stays even if they struggle.
It would have to be a North Carolina or Virginia team for the SEC to expand again.

A case could be made for Oklahoma but the conference isn't taking OSU in the deal so I don't see it happening.

You also have to realize membership has to be voted on and Ga, SC, Ky, FL and I suspect now aTm have an unwritten agreement to block other instate schools which means the following will never get in:

Texas
FSU
Louisville
Clemson
GT

Rumor is FSU has been vetoed at least once.

So the only schools with a real shot would be North Carolina, Virginia Tech and maybe NC State. The truth is going beyond 14 teams is a nightmare and your practically better off being two separate conferences all together.

We are only going to see expansion in the PAC or Big 12 as far as P5 goes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know dude Mike Slive was known by everyone, universally respected and the architect of all the big network deals all the P5 minus the PAC enjoy.

The guy was the most powerful person in college football and there really hasn't been a drop off with Swanky.
tenor.gif

B1G'ers reading this.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be a North Carolina or Virginia team for the SEC to expand again.

A case could be made for Oklahoma but the conference isn't taking OSU in the deal so I don't see it happening.

You also have to realize membership has to be voted on and Ga, SC, Ky, FL and I suspect now aTm have an unwritten agreement to block other instate schools which means the following will never get in:

Texas
FSU
Louisville
Clemson
GT

Rumor is FSU has been vetoed at least once.

So the only schools with a real shot would be North Carolina, Virginia Tech and maybe NC State. The truth is going beyond 14 teams is a nightmare and your practically better off being two separate conferences all together.

We are only going to see expansion in the PAC or Big 12 as far as P5 goes.
Aggy blocking Texas?? LOL.. SEC not only would take UT if they wanted in, they would take Tech as well if UT asked them too. Why? Because they would increase the shares that much. LHN gets 15 mil alone for it's tier 3 rights. How much more would that bring in for the SEC channel..let alone the first two tiers rights for TV? And you think aggy would have a legit say in saying no? LOL

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see the PAC expanding would be if the Big 12 blew up and the PAC took Texas and Oklahoma.
Yeah i think that would be the only way but I don't see the Big 12 blowing up for the PAC. Big 12 will stay at 10 which is perfect for them.. If they do dissolve it's because UT/ou are heading somewhere else. There isn't any value out West, imo. And I was banging the drums for a merger but with Covid, Big 12 needs to stick it out together

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggy blocking Texas?? LOL.. SEC not only would take UT if they wanted in, they would take Tech as well if UT asked them too. Why? Because they would increase the shares that much. LHN gets 15 mil alone for it's tier 3 rights. How much more would that bring in for the SEC channel..let alone the first two tiers rights for TV? And you think aggy would have a legit say in saying no? LOL
It wouldn't be just aTm it would be KY, GA, FL and SC as well. You can think what you want but it wouldn't happen. They blocked FSU and they would block Texas.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i think that would be the only way but I don't see the Big 12 blowing up for the PAC. Big 12 will stay at 10 which is perfect for them.. If they do dissolve it's because UT/ou are heading somewhere else. There isn't any value out West, imo. And I was banging the drums for a merger but with Covid, Big 12 needs to stick it out together

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the Big 12 disbanded.

The only other way I could see the PAC expanding would be if BYU wanted to join a conference.

But even then, I doubt they'd want BYU by itself. So a school like San Diego St. or Boise would have to be willing to step up to P5 like Utah did.

Problem there is, I don't see USC and UCLA being ok with another PAC school being located in their yard and Boise isn't a big enough school or market.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd be surprised if the Big 12 disbanded.

The only other way I could see the PAC expanding would be if BYU wanted to join a conference.

But even then, I doubt they'd want BYU by itself. So a school like San Diego St. or Boise would have to be willing to step up to P5 like Utah did.

Problem there is, I don't see USC and UCLA being ok with another PAC school being located in their yard and Boise isn't a big enough school or market.

by big enough do you mean enrollment? because they have a higher enrollment than Stanford, granted its stanford. and Boise isnt far behind Oregon, Oregon state and WSU.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be just aTm it would be KY, GA, FL and SC as well. You can think what you want but it wouldn't happen. They blocked FSU and they would block Texas.
of course they would say no to an actual high roller who's going to increase everyone's pot by atleast 5 mil.. Because kentucky, vandy, fl and sc think that's a bad add but Mizzu was perfect..

tumblr_pfrjqa20611qhwckoo1_540.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by big enough do you mean enrollment? because they have a higher enrollment than Stanford, granted its stanford. and Boise isnt far behind Oregon, Oregon state and WSU.

I actually mostly mean market. But also name. They made themselves known for minute, but haven't sustained anything.

BYU has been able to have enough success to at least be considered P5 for competition purposes.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they would say no to an actual high roller who's going to increase everyone's pot by atleast 5 mil.. Because kentucky, vandy, fl and sc think that's a bad add but Mizzu was perfect..

tumblr_pfrjqa20611qhwckoo1_540.gif
Dude you’re not all that. I know you think that you are but you’re not and the LHN is a one time deal that won’t be renewed unless at very discounted rates. The cord cutting is making those deals extinct.

Besides the fact that Texas has zero desire where they have very little chance of winning even their division. The powers that be know that joining the SEC would mean quite a few 8-4 seasons. Simply put they’re not man enough.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canzano: Amid crisis, Pac-12 signed agreement to fund news coverage from Los Angeles Times

Here are just a couple of gems:

"The conference was in deep distress in 2018. It was drowning in negative sentiment after an embarrassing instant-replay scandal in college football. The Pac-12′s basketball programs were coming off a winless showing in the men’s NCAA Tournament. And commissioner Larry Scott’s prized Pac-12 Network was stuck in distribution purgatory, still unavailable to large swaths of frustrated fans."

"The Pac-12 hired a high-profile crisis-management firm. The conference began working from a 34-page printed manual The Oregonian/OregonLive reported in 2019 — a playbook that directed the conference to “seek to identify positive voices that could shift the conversation.” That plan further instructed the conference to “expand upon media partnerships” with two primary media platforms — the Los Angeles Times and The Players’ Tribune. According to emails and other documents, the conference struck a deal in 2018 with the Los Angeles Times that aimed to steer $100,000 in advertising to the newspaper in exchange for an expansion in conference coverage. Said the Pac-12 staff member: “Literally, in a meeting, our communications people were like, ‘Is there anyone we can pay to write positive stories?’”

"During the depths of its public relations crisis, the Pac-12 contracted with one of the world’s top crisis management and public relations firms in 2018. FleishmanHillard had previously worked with Chevrolet, Levi’s and Alibaba Group. It was also hired as the lead crisis-management team for USA Gymnastics in 2017 while that organization was enmeshed in a horrific sex-abuse scandal. The firm studied the Pac-12 metrics, audited the tone of media coverage and conducted interviews with its campus stakeholders. It then produced that 34-page printed playbook that served as the backbone of the Pac-12′s plan to repair the conference’s brand."

How Larry Scott has a job is beyond me.
They've had a lot of problems since the USC scandal. Their network is the worst, their teams are all struggling to do anything, people aren't attending their games. It's not good.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually mostly mean market. But also name. They made themselves known for minute, but haven't sustained anything.

BYU has been able to have enough success to at least be considered P5 for competition purposes.
Thats a bit tricky.
Boise has a 7-3 record against BYU.
over the time since Boise moved up to FBS they have 209 wins to BYU 152.
byu has a nationwide following due to the mormon church tho and a more historical name. but i bet in any given year if you matched them up most people from anywhere are gonna pick Boise over BYU

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you’re not all that. I know you think that you are but you’re not and the LHN is a one time deal that won’t be renewed unless at very discounted rates. The cord cutting is making those deals extinct.

Besides the fact that Texas has zero desire where they have very little chance of winning even their division. The powers that be know that joining the SEC would mean quite a few 8-4 seasons. Simply put they’re not man enough.
and thats different for the last 10 years average win total how?